Status: Work-In-Progress (Being updated)

Hold on 'Till May

Hold on 'Till May - Chapter 1

Kellin trudged down the street. He was transferred to a new school, and today was his first day. Needless to say, he was nervous. His parents didn't say anything comforting this morning. They never did. Therefore, he said nothing back. He walked into the big, heavy, front door of the school. It was the beginning of the second semester. It was always hard starting off mid-year.
He looked at his schedule, then up at the room numbers. People pushed into him, but he didn't think any differently. First period was History with Mrs. Johnston. He walked into the classroom and took the first empty seat he saw.

Vic, Tony and Jaime walked down the hallway to first period, Jaime talking their ears off. Vic didn't mind, Jaime meant well. He just didn't know when to shut up. Vic parted ways with Jaime and Tony to get to first period; History. He walked to his usual seat, seeing an unfamiliar face sitting in it...

Mrs. Johnston had given Kellin a textbook, and he just nodded, starting the assignment on the board. He'd already learned this unit in his old school. Vic rocked back and forth on his heels.
"Um, excuse me?"
Kellin looked up at the new face, but not a word escaped his mouth.
'Ugh... Is he gonna say something?'
"Um... You're in my seat."
Kellin stared at Vic for a second, then stood up, collecting his things, moving to the back of the room without a word or sound. Vic blinked and sat down.
'He's... Quiet...?'

Mrs. Johnston explained today's task, and the class began working. Nobody sat next to Kellin. He was alone in the back. But that's okay. Kellin hadn't talked in 10 years, why would he need someone to talk to now?

Vic packed up once the lesson ended. That was boring... He walked out, finding Jaime.
They went to art together. Vic ended up tossing a paint bottle a Jaime, and it exploded. They both couldn't stop laughing. After art, they had health. Jaime was still covered in the dry paint, but he didn't seem to mind.

Second period, Kellin had English. English was okay. He liked English. They were reading Of Mice and Men, a book Kellin really enjoyed. Kellin went to health after English. He took a random seat. He didn't know where he sat. And nobody seemed to be saying anything...

Vic sighed. That kid was sitting in his seat again. He walked over to him, Jaime on his heels.
"Excuse me." He said with amusement.
Kellin looked up, again, without a sound.
"You're sitting in my seat... Again." He chuckled.
Jaime looked Kellin up and down.
"Hi!" He grinned.
Kellin looked at the both of them, then looked down and moved his seat again. Damn, he was awkward!
Jaime frowned and sat down next to Vic.
"You probably scared him with all that paint on you." Vic chuckled, pulling out his binder.
Vic and Jaime talked for most of the period, never actually doing work.

Kellin opened a fresh notebook, labeled it health, and got ready for today's lesson. Kellin paid attention. He was a good student. He made up with for his lack of talking by listening.

After health, Vic, Jaime, Tony and Mike went to band. Mike played the drums while Vic and Tony played guitar. Jaime played the bass. A bunch of other kids played similar instruments.

Kellin didn't take band. He took general music, which he had after health. He wasn't exactly 'musical.' The only instrument he played was the piano. He didn't even talk, so obviously he didn't sing. He wrote music in general music.

After music, where Kellin started a song, he had lunch, just like the whole 11th grade. Vic sat with his usual friends in a corner of the room. They joked and laughed as they usually would.

Kellin sat alone at a table by the garbage can. He didn't expect anything different. At least he wasn't getting harassed like he did at his old school.

"Just mess with him!" Jared chuckled, and Eric elbowed him.
"Come on, it'll be funny, Beau!"
Beau chuckled and stood up.
"Alright, alright."
At his friends' request, Beau walked over to Kellin.
"So you're the new kid?" Beau smirked and sat across from Kellin. He nodded.
Beau looked Kellin up and down, then nodded slowly.
"I see why you're sitting alone..." Kellin looked down. "What's your name, Kid?" He didn't answer. He kept his eyes down and planted on his lap. "Come on, what is it?" Kellin didn't say a word. Beau elbowed him. "Come on." He looked up and shook his head."Come on, freak," Beau elbowed him harder, "Say something." Kellin shook his head again. "What, you don't talk?" Beau chuckled, standing up, pulling Kellin up with him, "Say something. Anything." Kellin stayed silent. "Oh you'll be fun." Beau chuckled and pushed Kellin into the garbage can behind him.

Vic looked away from Tony as he explained the paint story from art and saw Beau push Kellin into the garbage.
"Hey!" He snapped and stood up, walking over to Beau. Vic may have been little, but he was strong. He pushed Beau back."What's the matter with you?”
Beau chuckled.
"What? Just playing around with the new kid."
"Leave him alone, Beau. You're not cool." Jaime piped up, walking over to them.
Beau shrugged.
"Who said I was cool?"
He picked up Kellin's lunch and dumped it over Kellin's head in the garbage can.
"You motherfucker..." Vic growled and threw a punch into Beau's nose.
Beau was taken aback by that. He wiped his nose, seeing it was gushing. But he didn't care. He cracked his knuckles and punched Vic in the jaw. Soon enough, it turned into an all out brawl. It looked like Vic was winning, but It was hard to tell. Beau threw a final punch at Vic before a teacher split them up and dragged them to the office. They were in a lot of trouble...
Kellin looked around and climbed out of the garbage can. People laughed. Before they can say anything, he ran away to the bathroom to clean himself up. Vic may have been trouble, but he felt good.
Kellin cleaned the food off of him, then went to his next class. The rest of his day was easy. Well, besides all the getting made fun of from the lunch incident...

Vic got ISS since he instigated the fight. He didn't care, though.

Kellin walked home after school. Nobody was home.
'What a shocker...'
Nobody was ever home. His parents ignored him, mostly. He did his homework and made himself dinner, just like he did every night. He got good at cooking. He was sitting at the kitchen table, when the front door opened. He didn't move.
His stepfather walked inside, putting his briefcase onto the dining room table. He then walked into the kitchen.
"Evening, Kellin," Obviously Kellin didn't reply. He continued eating. His step dad poured himself a glass of wine. "Your mother has to work late tonight." Kellin nodded.

Kellin had finished eating by now, and was on his laptop on one of the couches. His dad was on the other watching the baseball game with a new glass of wine after consuming a few before.
"Yankees are winning, Kellin." Kellin shrugged. "Wanna come sit over here with me?"
Kellin shook his head. "Come on, Kellin. We haven't bonded in a while." Kellin rolled his eyes and closed the computer, putting it aside. He reluctantly sat next to his stepdad.
A baseball player hit a homerun, and Paul smiled.
"That's how we do it, Kellin. Why don't you play sports?" Kellin shrugged again. "Why won't you talk, Kellin?" He asked curiously. Kellin didn't do or say anything. Paul muted the TV and put the remote down, focusing on Kellin.
"Can you please talk?" Kellin shook his head. Paul thought for a second, then put an arm around Kellin. Kellin felt extremely awkward extremely fast. "You can talk to me. Any girls you like?" Kellin shrugged. He saw a pretty one today, but wouldn't say anything about it. Or anything in general. "Have you ever had a girlfriend?" Kellin shook his head. Then he noticed Paul's hand moving slowly up his waist. "Are you sure nobody's ever... Touched you, Kellin...?" His eyes widened, but he shook his head no. He tried to pull away as Paul started unbuttoning his jeans.
"Shh, sit tight Kellin... You're going to talk tonight..."
Kellin was too afraid to do anything. Or say anything, especially. He shifted uncomfortably and held back tears as his own step father started inappropriately touching him and kissing him.
"Don't tell mom..." Paul whispered.
Kellin started to cry. It was terrifying...

Kellin was left on the couch after that. He dressed, then laid on the couch under a pile of blankets. His mom came home and went upstairs. She didn't come back down. Only to turn off the lights.She didn't even ask for him or look for him. Kellin wondered if she even cared he was here... He fell asleep, a sobbing mess on the couch.

Vic went home and got yelled at for getting ISS, which resulted in him being grounded for the week. That really sucked. He was told to take the garbage out, then go immediately back to his room.So he did. He laid down on his bed and shut his eyes.
"I hope you at least appreciate that, new kid..." He need even learned his name.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 1/? of 'Hold on Till May.'
ENJOY!