Status: Hey guys... I'm new here!!! Please comment if you want me to continue!!!

From the Beginning

Words

"I'm really going to miss you." Lauren said as she hugged me. We were all saying goodbye to the Starkids who were going back Michigan. In just a few days, I had made close bonds with all of them. "Make sure you text me. Oh, and tell me how things go with Darren." She whispered before letting go. Before I have a chance to protest, someone engulfed me into a giant hug from behind.
"I'm gonna miss you Al!" Dylan said as he lifted me off the floor.
"I'm going to miss you too Dylan!!! Now, please put me down!!! He set me on my feet and I turned around to give him a proper hug. I also give Jamie and Brian hugs before I head out to the car to put my stuff in the trunk.
"Let me help you with that." Darren comes up behind me and tries to take my bag but I refuse.
"No. I'm ok. Thanks."
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah"
"Ok.... Did you like the trip?"
"Yeah, thanks Dare. For inviting me and everything." I said while putting my stuff into the trunk.
"Yeah I'm glad you came. It wouldn't have been the same."
"Yup, who else would have watched Aladdin with you?" I said, giving him a mocking smile.
"Haha very funny. Even though that was a plus, I'm glad you opened up to me. I'm honored."
" You should be." I said with a small smile and playfully pushing him on his shoulder. He then took hold of my hand and said, " I really am. You're amazing." He got closer to me to pull away a strand of hair that had been blocking my eyes from his. He rested his hand on my cheek, and slowly caressed my cheek with his thumb. His stare literally saw everything inside me, he understood. Oh god, what if he knows I like him?! Oh! His Face. Moving. Closer. No! I Can't! Oh god his eyes are shutting!
"Ahem" I quickly jumped back and saw Sami standing their with a huge smirk. "Well, I was going to tell you guys that we are taking a group picture inside, but you guys seemed really comfortable out here."
"Shut up Sam, let's go." I said, letting Darren go in front of me. Before making it inside, Sam whispers, "You wont resist much longer." I rolled my eyes and joined the group picture. We said our final goodbyes and got into our vans. It took us around 9 hours to get back to LA. The guys dropped us off. Joe helped Sam to her dorm, while Darren helped me to mine. We got to my door and he hugged me. When pulling back, he started leaning in again.
"Darren..." I said, stepping back.
"What? Am I way off?" he said with a concerned look on his face.
"No, you're not. But, we can't."
"Why not? I really like you Al. And I hoping that you like me too?" he said, grabbing me hands.
"Because... uhhhmmm...... I'm not ready to be in a relationship. I think we were meant to be friends, great friends." I hated lying to him. I was so ready for a relationship with him. It will hurt me forever and ever. I'll suffer when he moves on, but I just can't be with him. I can't become his problem and then be hurt again. I looked at his face and I wish I hadn't; he looked like a puppy who had just been kicked. Oh god. He slowly let go of my hands and said. "Goodnight Al." with a small sad smile, as if trying to hide the hurt, which was clearly visible. I wanted to say something. I wanted to tell him that I wanted to be with him to. I wanted to grab him and kiss him. Instead, I watched him walk down the hall, without saying one word.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm updating early because I hit 100 reads!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! Anyway, I'm sorry for the sad ending, promise it wont end there!!!!! Thank you once again for the read and the lovely comments!!!!!