Status: On going

The Beauty of the Written Word

Chapter 3- Coffee and cuteness

Walking out the elevator Reid entered the BAU balancing the teams coffee as he went.Once he reached the glass double doors a slight dilemma appeared ,both of hands held coffee trays so he had no way of opening the doors.Turning round he backed his way in to the room carefully praying to god he didn't knock in to anyone.Successful in his mission he quickened his pace towards the break room placing the cups down on the table with a sigh of relief.Picking up everyone's different coffee's he placed them at their desks getting various thank you's from the team.The only coffee's left was his and Amelia's
She sat at her desk reading a book ,slowly turning the pages focusing on each one with deep concentration and thought .That was one thing that amazed him how Amelia could tune out everyone and get lost in her own little world and get lost in the words.The closer he got Reid felt that familiar feeling he has had the past weeks ,butterflies swarmed in his stomach making him nervous and clumsy when ever he was around her but he kept it together the best he could.Within the last 5 or 6 weeks Reid and Amelia had become very close friends they were practically inseparable ,sure she was really good friends with everyone else in the team but they were different.Both of them were oblivious though to the obvious feelings there lurking in the air.Spencer was often teased relentlessly by Derek about his 'school girl crush' and Garcia had to fend him off with a witty remark to protect the young doctor.

With sweaty palms he cleared his throat in order to get her attention
"Hey Spencer"She smiled feeling the nervousness bubble up in her stomach when she saw him
"Hey got your coffee"he replied .When Amelia closed the book he could see it properly ,the cover was like most classics a dark brown with a decorative pattern on the spine.'Sherlock Holmes: The Final Problem By Arthur Conan Doyle' was printed along the side and he smiled ,one of Spencer's personal favorites.
"Thank you so much ,I'm nearly falling asleep over here"Amelia laughed and reached out for the Styrofoam cup but Spencer pulled his hand away with a smirk feeling suddenly confident.
"Hmm now are you sure you want this"He teased
"Spencer I swear to god"Amelia said raising her eyebrows and standing up.Taking the opportunity she tried to grabbed the cup but Spencer just lifted it above her head and laughed as she tried to stand on her tipy toes to reach it ,quietly thinking about how adorable it was and how close her face was to his right now.He'd give anything to kiss her but Spencer was sure she didn't like him back 'I mean who in their right mind would' is something he told himself quite often.Biting his lip lightly Spencer tried not to think about it and have some self control ,Amelia blushing slightly when she noticed feeling her heart beat quicken.
"Whats wrong short stack"He smirked and she gave up folding her arms over her chest
"May I please have my coffee"She sighed but grinning all the same ,she loved this playful side of him
"If you can tell me what Moriarty said about the danger of tangling with him in that book then yes"Spencer quizzed "and I have an eidetic memory so don't try nothing"
"'This is not danger,It is inevitable destruction"Amelia recited holding out her hand
"Congrats you were correct"cheered Spencer as he placed the coffee back in her hand
"Meanie"She pouted and jabbed his side as he chuckled.Moving round to his side of the desk Spencer sat down and ruffled his hand through his short hair. JJ strolled past with a bunch of files piled in her arms and he sighed ,it looked like there was another case.That was the last thing Spencer wanted ,he wasn't sleeping right and having these blinding headaches.It scared him because he didn't want to face what it might be. Schizophrenia. If he was having a schizophrenic break that was it ,his job gone,his friends feeling constantly awkward around him and nothing would be the same.He told Morgan that's all and that's all he plans to do.They just couldn't know until he knew for sure.

As soon as Amelia walked over to JJ Morgan strolled over to Reid desk with a smug look on his face.
"Could you be any more obvious"Morgan smirked siting on the edge of the desk
"What do you mean"Reid said calmly but he wasn't looking at him in the eye
"Kid if that isn't flirting I don't know what is"
"I have no idea what you're talking about Morgan we're just friends"
"So when her face was that close to yours you weren't looking at her lips like you wanted some sugar"He stated in a 'as a matter of fact tone'
"I don't know what you're talking about"Spencer mumbled looking around ,anywhere but Derek,feeling his cheeks heat up.Just the thought of her lips on his made Spencer's heart thump like mad inside his chest.
"Wait are you blushing ,you're thinking about it now weren't you"Derek teased relentlessly as Spencer cheeks turned a deeper red with every passing second.
"That's ridiculous I-I don't know what you mean"He stumbled
"Guys case"JJ called out and Spencer thanked the stars for her perfect timing.Standing up Spencer went to pick up his bag but Derek was holding it out to him.Reaching out to take it Derek pulled the bag back and teased "Are you sure you want this "in a mocking tone.Spencer just grabbed his bag and walk briskly to the conference room as Derek called out to him
"Where you going pretty boy come on I deserve love too"Derek laughed and Spencer shot him a scowl with rosy apple cheeks from the walkway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is short I'm a bit pressed for time and fairly stressed out at the moment. I promise it'll be better next time.Comment and/or subscribe please I'd be very grateful and I do take criticizm just don't be mean
Can you tell I like the Sherlock Holmes books ?You can ,can't you