Don't You Ever Forget About Me

So tell me, how does it feel to be like you?

I sat in the hospital bed listening to music until the nurse came in,
"Good afternoon sweetie! It’s time for today’s social hour. Come down stairs when you’re ready."
I think the best way to describe social hour is saying that it’s a pathetic attempt to make the patients here talk. The patients aren’t the only thing that’s mental here, so are the activities and everything about this dull “Behavioral Health Hospital". Don’t think that I’m psycho or anything though. The only reason I’m here is because I hallucinate. I’ve been here for 3 years already and nothing more has changed for me except the increase of my medicine dosages. I’ve always dreaded social hour but it was either go downstairs and sit alone for an hour or sit in my room. At least downstairs had food. I slid on my shoes and began to walk downstairs.
For this time of day, All I usually do is read a book but today something felt different. I felt like someone was watching me. I looked around the room and saw all the usual people but today there was someone new. At first all I saw was his long dark hair and his beautiful eyes. Then I realized we were both staring into each others eyes from across the room. I turned back around and continued to read my book. It was extremely hard to read when you can feel someones gaze on you. I heard footsteps coming closer to me and then I saw a chair slide out. I tried not to look over but my curiosity took over and I glanced at him. He didn't talk to me and I didn’t talk to him and we sat like that for 30 minutes until he finally broke the silence.
"Hey, I’m Kellin."
I’ve never been good at socializing so I didn’t respond. The sparkle in his eyes faded quickly as if they were dependent on me saying something. I suddenly got the urge to put the sparkle back into his eyes.
"Hi, I’m Vic"
He turned towards me and smiled.
"Hi."
I don’t quite remember all we talked about but time flew by fast and I actually wished that social hour wasn't over. It completely escaped my mind to ask his room number.
Once social hour was over and Kellin and I said our goodbyes; I headed back to my room, waving at a few people as I walked. No one cared enough to wave back or say anything so I didn't talk to anyone for the rest of the night. As you can see, I don’t have any friends. It may be because I usually can’t tell the difference between real or fake so I occasionally talk to walls thinking that there is someone there. My hallucinations never lasted longer than a few minutes so it wasn't like my whole life was a lie.
I wasn't looking forward to anything so it wasn't hard to fall asleep thinking about Kellin.

-

I opened my eyes to see the sun just starting to rise. I woke up to my mind going straight to my dream that I had that night. I was a bit appalled at myself because I had never had a dream so..kinky about someone. I didn't know it was possible to have such a vivid dream of something like that. I didn't necessarily have a problem with the dream, mostly because it was about Kellin, but I did have a problem with what it caused down below. My boxers were a bit tight and I knew that nothing would change unless I did something about it. I decided that it would be best to deal with it in the shower just in case a nurse walked in. I slid out of the blankets and walked over to the bathroom. I turned on the water and waited for the water to get hot. I was sure to check the bathroom door was locked and then I walked over to the shower. I got in and let the water run down my body. I slowly brought my hand to my problem and I could already feel myself getting better. I let my mind drift to Kellin while working on myself and without noticing I was replaying the dream of Kellin throughout my mind. How did someone I meet yesterday have such an affect on me? As soon as I fixed myself, I heard a knock at the door and heard the familiar voice of my nurse, "Sweetie, It's time for breakfast. Don't take too long or it might get cold." I waited until I heard her close the bedroom door to get out of the shower. I slid fresh clothes on and then walked out to see a plate of food sitting on the table. I grabbed the plate and walked over to my bed not noticing someone sitting on it until I sat on them. I was extremely surprised and a bit frightened. So the plate went flying out of my hand. The unknown body reached out and grabbed the plate before anything could fall. That's when I turned to the person to see that it was Kellin. "Hey cutie. You almost dropped your food." I wasn't comprehending anything so when I tried to speak it all came out a stuttered string of random words. I tried again and with luck words came out this time, "Kellin. Hey. What are you doing here?". He just smiled and handed me the plate. He got up and began to walk away. "You look cute when you're scared." And with that he walked out of the room.