Accidents and Emergencies

Three.

It all started with one mistake. One simple, small mistake turned into a whirlwind of dominos crashing down and making a mess of everything and everyone.

"The hell you are!" Zack tugged his hair and paced back in forth in the front lounge of the bus. Sitting beside him on the leather couch was Audrey, a crying mess with a stuttering tongue. "Oh fuck, dude." He sighed and tried to think of something to say, something to hide all of the emotions that were between them.

Audrey let out a sob and looked up to the muscular boy. "How am I supposed to tell Alex?" Her voice was much higher than normal. Once was once a honey-smooth voice was now one that could put you into tears.

"That you missed your shot, you know, by... Three months?" Zack rubbed his face with his hands before kneeling down in front of the tiny woman. "It will be okay, Rey." He tried to smile his best for her, but seeing one of his best friends torn to shreds was a hard thing to endure. His heart broke into a million pieces whenever she cried over real issues, but if it were some silly romantic movie, he'd laugh it off like the rest of the guys. Instead of fulfilling his urge to pace back and forth again, he sat down next to her and pulled her into his chest where she cradled up beside him in a ball and let it all out until she was almost completely dried up of tears.

Fifteen minutes later, all of the guys rushed through the door of the bus in a loud fashion as per usual. There was laughing and bets being placed along with talk about how the show was gonna go down tonight and quoting of random movies. It was a mess when you had to spend your life on the road with a plethora of boys, but no one minded it.

"Hey, we missed you at sound check." Rian told Rey with a light tap on her knee. Lucky for all of them, her face was buried in Zack's chest at this point. "Is she okay?" Rian mouthed to Zack who let out a silent sigh and shook his head. "Rey, what's wrong?" At this point, the entire bus filled with silence. When something was wrong with Audrey, they all wanted to know. She was the only girl on the bus for now, the only one to be heavily taken care of and when it came down to it, they cared about her feelings more than they cared about their own.

"I think I know the problem." Danny said with wide eyes as he stared at a white stick with a plus sign sitting in a plastic cup on the counter. Lucky enough, Alex couldn't see what it was, but Rian, Danny, Flyzik, and Jeff went into a dead silence.

"What the hell is going on?" Alex half-yelled before sitting on the other side of his girlfriend and delicately rubbing her back. "What's wrong, Audrey?" Danny nudged Alex and handed the cup over to him and everyone shut their eyes tight as they anticipated Alex to have a grand supreme panic attack. "Uh, okay..." Alex bit the inside of his cheek and he looked as if he had seen a ghost or like he was going to vomit and faint right on the spot. "That's not... Oh." Alex couldn't find the right words to say causing Audrey to start crying again. "How?" He asked in the most monotonous voice they'd ever heard come from his mouth.

"I-I... I missed my Depo." She said into Zack's chest, but no one understood her.

"She missed her Depo." Zack cleared up for everyone with a sympathetic look on his face. You could literally see the entire group gulp and panic together. This could change everything.

"How the fuck did you miss your Depo?!" Alex screamed and stood up. He placed his hands behind his head and walked down to the bunk area only to return with a more angered look on his face than before. "It's not that hard to go get a shot every three months, Rey!"

"It's not that hard to wear a condom, Alex. Fuck." She screamed right back at him. They looked as if they were ready to tear each others heads off in desperation.

Before they knew it Alex had fled the bus and Audrey took off shortly after him. "I know you hate this as much as I do, but I guess we have to live with it." Audrey's face was a mess with mascara running down her cheeks and her eyes were puffy and her nose was red.

"This is unbelievable." Alex mumbled. "Seriously, what the fuck?" He looked as if he was ready to pull his hair out while at the same time wanting to wrap Rey in his arms and tell her that everything was going to be okay, that they would get through it together, and that she's going to make an excellent mother, but all of that was too difficult right now.

A clear sob came from Audrey's throat. "I'm sorry, but it's not my entire fault, okay? This is a two-way job, Al. So just fucking get over it and buckle up for the long road ahead, daddy." She knew the second all of that came spewing from her tongue that Alex would be ready to release a tidal wave of anger on her and every one of their friends, but to her surprise, he stopped and stared at her, everything in his world came to a complete stop and he froze in his tracks. It was as if he could feel his heart beginning to stop, making his body feel like a deadweight, like gravity was going to throw him face down onto the pavement and make him stay there until he got all of this through his thick skull.

He gulped. "Y-.. You're right." He said under his breath and rubbed the back of his neck.

Audrey wiped the salty tears that were still running down her face uncontrollably. She wasn't even aware that she was crying anymore, it was just happening involuntarily. "Look, I know we're too young for this and our careers are just taking off, but--"

"Just shut up for now, Rey." He said softly and took her into his arms like he wanted to minutes ago. "We'll figure this out later, we have months to do so. It will be all right." While he was trying to assure her that it was going to be okay, it was more like a positive reassurance for himself than anything. He rested his head on top of hers and breathed into her hair, taking the scent of sweet shampoo in to calm him down. She felt like home and smelt like it too. Maybe this wasn't going to be such a bad thing after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry this took so long to update, but I had severe writers block and now it's okay. I'm sorry that the last chapter sucks, but I'm back and hopefull you liked this!

Keep subscribing, recommending, and most importantly, commenting. Love you all!