Status: Finished! (Has A Sequel)

Can You Love Me?

Maybe, Just Maybe, You Are Different

When I turned, I felt Oli’s foot connect with my cheek. “OW!” I said as I sucked in a breath. “Oops! Sorry! Didn't mean to do that!” He said lowering himself to the ground. I held up my hand. “Yeah, it’s fine.” I mumbled. “What time is it?” I asked him
“Probably about 3:00 PM. Why?” He asked
“Just wondering.” I said. I looked down again this time seeing he was in only his boxers. “Can you put some pants on or something?” I asked him and he laughed.
“Sorry.” He said
A few minutes late Oli had pulled on some jeans and I was sitting on the one of the seats in the lounge. I had my hands on the table and was waiting for Oliver. When he sat down he asked what I was doing up. “Nothing.” I said
“That seems to be your answer for a lot of things.” He said curiously.
“It always has been.” I said
“Ah. I see. So back to last night, why did you leave home?” He asked.
“Personal reasons.” I said not wanting to answer the question.
“Like?” He asked
“Just…things.” I said
“Well, I’ll take it you don’t want to answer that question.” He said raising his eyebrows.
“Yeah. So who’s the chick in your bunk?” I asked and he went a little pale.
“I honestly don’t know. Just some girl. Want me to run her off?” He asked. I shook my head.
“I don’t really care. Do what you want.” I said and he looked at me funny. “What?”
“It seems like you have a shell around your socialization skills.” He said and I wasn't too surprised. I got that a lot. “Why?” He asked
I shrugged. “Probably because of my past. I had a lot of stuff happen to me.” I said looking away.
“Will you please tell me. Maybe I can help you.” He pleaded.
“That’s what my therapist said. When I told him everything, he looked at me and said ’What’s wrong with you?’ and a day later he told my mom that he couldn't help me.” I said smiling a little.
“Oh.” Said Oliver. I stood up. I needed to get some air. I was starting to feel like I did when I was in the corner of my room. Cramped and trapped and stuck. “Where are you going?” He asked.
“To get some air.” I said opening the bus doors. “Oh and Oliver? It’s not a so much a social issue. It’s also a trust issue, if that tells you anything about me.” I said walking down the stairs.

When I got back on the bus Oliver was still sitting where he had been when I’d walked off the bus. He was looking down at the table. He looked like he was in deep thought. I looked around and seen no one else was awake. “What are you thinking about?” I asked and when he looked up he looked surprised.
“Nothing.” He said mockingly and I smiled a little.
“Real mature Oliver.” I said laughing
“Nah. Just thinking about what you said earlier. I’m assuming you don’t trust me very much yet?” He stated, more in an inquisitive sort of way.
“Nope. Not really.” I said
“Well, how do I gain your trust?” He asked me
“Just tell me something.” I told him, knowing that I would regret this later, but Oliver seemed like someone I could trust.
“What?” He asked
“Would you leave me or think I was a freak after I told you?” I asked him
He took my hands in his from across the table and looked me straight in the eye. This time I couldn't help but look back. “No. You are one of the strangest girls I've met in a long time this is true but, you are also one of the most audacious and prettiest and broken I've ever met and I want to know why such a beautiful girl is so broken to the point that she cuts herself.” He said to me and all I could do was stare. No guy-No one-had ever said that to me. Or anything like it. I sighed. “Okay. It’s a long story.” I said
He smiled. “I’m all ears.” He said
“Well, when I was little, our parents beat Myka and I a lot. They still do. The only thing was, Myka was the good child out of the two of us when we were the only ones born. None of our other siblings had been born yet so Myka and I got the worst of it. But like I said Myka was the “good child” between us. Therefore I got yelled at the most, I got beat the most, I got the most privileges taken away. Eventually when Myka and I turned 13 we got one present. That was that we could go anywhere and not have to tell our parents. We could go anywhere whenever we wanted. As long as no one brought any friends home so that they wouldn't know our parents beat us. Myka snuck a friend over one day despite our parents rule. When they found out Myka blamed me for bringing the friend over. They took away my freedom to go where I wanted when I wanted and so they started beating me. When they found out that I cut they sent me to a hospital for the crazies. They used shock therapy everyday and then they locked me in a cell by myself. I became socially challenged and then when I finally made a friend, they told all my secrets and called me a freak. That’s why I am the way I am. I don’t trust people and its hard for me to communicate…openly. I had a horrible stuttering problem when I was in the mental hospital and when I got out but I've found a way around it now. Sometimes when I get really scared I’ll start to stutter again but it doesn't happen often at all.” Oliver looked at me and squeezed my hands tighter.
“I’m sorry all of that has happened to you. I’m guessing that’s why you don’t like your sister either?” He said
“Yeah that’s why I hate her.” I said
“I’m SO sorry that happened to you.” He said again
“Nah. You didn't do it so don’t be sorry. Everyday of my life has made me stronger and more durable. I wont fall to anyone or anything. Especially not some stupid memories of my past.” I said.
“You’re by far the strongest girl I've ever met.” He said nodding his head. “You’re incredible.” He said
“Thank you Oliver. No one has ever said such kind things to me.” I said to him
“You’re welcome. And call me Oli.” He said and I smiled.
“Okay, Oli.” I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright here's chapter two! I hope you like it! Also I wont be updating til Saturday or Sunday due to a family vacation. Sorry D: I know I'm taking a lot of breaks but this should be the last for a while I think! So I hope you like this chapter and keep reading! Thanks! Comment and tell me what you think!