All Alright

Now All My Loves Have Come Back To Haunt Me

Coin in. Pull the lever. Watch as the pictures and numbers whizz by. Never landing like I hope. It's a vicious cycle.

"What? What?" I scream. In my heart, I know this is all pointless. That I won't win, like those crane machines. It's rigged, so I will never win. It's soul purpose is to get you hooked, then throw you back out and live the rest of your life in misery, wishing that the cherries would align.

Pull. Pull. Pull. You would think you'd get tired, but no. Greed eats you up, screaming out hope, saying you can do it, when really you can't.

Pull. Pull. Pull. Fletcher wasn't all that bad. In fact, he had began to grow on me. He wasn't obnoxious. He wasn't self-centred. He didn't think he was funny. He was just.. Quiet, patient and yet outgoing. I liked him.

"Hey, babe," a drunken voice came behind me, in a fake surfer accent. I looked around, but there was no other lady in the room. Or any other person, for that matter. I turned around, and saw a guy with curly brown-tinged golden hair. It was hard to make out his clothes in the dark, but the lights on the slot machine illuminated on his bright green hoodie. Slightly familiar.

Pull. Pull. Pull. It was kind of uncomfortable to have him staring at me, assuming I was addicted. Well, I was, but he was no one to judge me.

"What?" I soat in his direction. "I'm not addicted!"

"Oh c'mon, I thought we promised not to lie to each other," he said. Where was that from? Sounded familiar. Harry Potter? The Hunger Games? F.R.I.E.N.D.S? I hadn't seen tv or read since I got hooked.

Pull. Pull. Pull. I started to get agitated. Why was he here? It was kind of creepy.

"Look, your girlfriend isn't here," I spat, trying to be calm. Without notice, he wrapped his hands around my neck. They weren't veiny, or muscly, but slim. Seemed familiar. As I reached for another coin, he pulled the plug from the socket. He turned my body around, and slowly kissed me, savouring them moment. Aha. It was Fletcher. As his lips parted mine, he grabbed my hand.

"Let's go home," he whispered. I couldn't help but oblige. As we walked out, we saw the casino lose all its lights and colour.

"Oh shit, what have I caused?!" Fletcher shrieked. He walked me back home, through the winding streets and down the dark alleyways, that always seemed darker at night.

"You know, your sisters very smart. Wimpy, yes, but still very smart. This was her plan." Fletcher said when we were near our apartment block.

My sister. Jamie. She was the one who helped me out of the hole. She didn't have to drag me out. I realised that if I had my twin everything was going to be okay. She could help me in any situation. That it was All Alright.