Blood is Full of Empty Promises

Faded Into Darkness

Ayaka stared up at the sky. The sun had quickly turned to darkness. Clouds seemed to appear from no where and there were screams off in the distance.

"Am I dreaming?" she thought.

She sat up and looked towards the main part of the village. She was lying just outside the outskirts waiting for her best friend, Hidan. She thought of him as an older brother, but nothing more. Her parents were dead as were his; they were just another pair of orphans from the last war.

Hidan and her had met at the resting place of their parents. It had been raining and she was crying in front of her parents' grave. Her clothes were soaked and her long green hair dripped around her face covering her tears.

"You'll catch a cold," a boy's voice said sounding concerned.

"I don't care!" she screamed. "They're dead...they're all dead."

Hidan draped his coat around her and picked her up. She was seven and he was eleven. "Put me down" she sobbed and grabbed his collar. He could see all the pain in her eyes and looked away.

After that day they were both inseparable, always going everywhere together. If anyone picked on Ayaka, Hidan was there. If Hidan needed to train, then Ayaka would help in any way she could.

She snapped back to reality and noticed a figure in the distance walking slowly towards her. Smoke hurled towards the sky in the back ground and screams filled the air. "What the hell?"

Ayaka stood up and snatched her bow up off of the ground. She grabbed an arrow and aimed at the figure not sure if he was friend or foe. "Relax Ayaka," her friend's voice rang out. She lowered her weapon and placed it back on the ground.

"Hidan? What's going on?" she asked concerned. She looked for any injuries and noticed that his arm was dripping blood. "Hidan! You're bleeding!" she exclaimed and ran to his side.

He looked at her with a dead expression. "It's nothing."

"Doesn't look like nothing."

Hidan took his arm back. "Do you want to come with me?"

Ayaka looked at him with a confused expression. "What do you mean?"

Hidan took a few more steps away from her and the village that was behind him. "I'm leaving. Do you want to come?"

"I-" but before she could answer a group of men from their village caught up to him.

"Back for more I see," she heard him say and he turned towards her and the men with a look in his eye that almost didn't seem human.

"Hidan?" she said barely able to make his name out. Fear trickled down her body.

"You monster! You killed all those people! You'll pay for this!" a man in the group yelled and attacked Hidan.

"NO!" Ayaka yelled worrying for her friend. The man was dead before he hit the ground. Ayaka sank to the ground and covered her head. She didn't know what to think or what to do. She was frozen with shock and fear.

"Ayaka..." Hidan's voice called out to her. She slowly looked up and saw Hidan towering over her, covered in blood.

"I-I don't understand."

Hidan reached out to her but she tripped over herself as she scrambled backwards. "No, stay away."

Hidan's expression looked hurt. The first human emotion she's seen in him all day. "Don't be afraid..."

"Stay away from me! You're a monster!" she shouted and he flinched at the words. Ayaka fainted leaving her rogue friend and her dead villagers and faded into the darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading. Comments and recommendations are appreciated.