Blood is Full of Empty Promises

Attitude

Gaara had left Ayaka with Sakura at the medical center. She was to make sure that Ayaka wasn't harmed in any way while he went to inform Lady Tsunadae of the encounter. He couldn't believe that he lost it when he came face to face with the Akatsuki. It was almost like his one-tail was still inside him.

Gaara didn't even bother knocking before entering the Hokage's office. "Gaara? What happened?" Tsunadae asked standing up. She had a worried expression on her face, just as she should.

"I was able to retrieve Ayaka. She's now at the medical center being evaluated by Sakura. We ran into the Akatsuki. I don't know much about them, but I'm sure you can get some information out of Ayaka after Sakura is finished. Shikamaru's team is fighting them as we speak," Gaara informed.

Tsunadae slammed her fist on her desk. She bit her lip and closed her eyes, trying to calm herself before speaking again. "Where are they? I'll send reinforcements."

Gaara walked over to the map and pointed at one of the many X's that the teams were sent to. "They're here. I'll be leaving immediately to return to help Nara."

"Well, I can't stop you, but I advise that you stay here. This is Hidden Leaf business. There's no need for you to risk your life."

"There may be no need, but the leaf village has helped me more than a few times. I feel I owe this village. I'll be back for Ayaka," Gaara replied before leaving her office and hurrying to the battle field.

___

Ayaka waited patiently on a hospital bed waiting for the pink-haired nurse to release her. Sakura came back with a clip board with her eyebrows furrowed in thought. "Miss Ayaka, you're clear for release, but I'm going to have to ask that you take it easy for a while. Ok?" she replied and smiled.

"Alright," Ayaka said and stood up.

"Also some of your tests weren't normal. It shouldn't be anything to worry about, but just come back in a week."

"I won't be here," Ayaka replied as she reached the door. She then walked out into the hallway to come face to face with a woman wearing a white robe over her clothing. She had blonde hair and a serious expression on her face.

"Ayaka, you'll be coming with me."

"And who the hell are you?" Ayaka asked glaring.

"Watch who you're talking to!" the pink haired nurse said angrily from behind her.

Ayaka folded her arms over her chest. "I don't follow orders."

The Hokage smiled. "Gaara didn't mention how stubborn you were," she said as she grabbed Ayaka's arm. "I'm the Hokage and you're going to tell me what you know about the Akatsuki members that you were with."

Ayaka yanked her arm away. "Geez old lady, all you had to do was say so. I'd be glad to help," Ayaka replied almost sounding sarcastic. She turned away from the Hokage and started walking down the hallway.

"And where do you think you're going!?" Tsunadae yelled after her.

"I don't know. You tell me. You got a place that's private?" Ayaka asked not even looking back at the Hokage.

Lady Tsunadae smiled to herself. She kind of liked this kid aside from the bad attitude. "My office will do nicely."

___

Gaara arrived a little too late. Asuma was lying in a pool of his own blood, the Akatsuki were gone, and the reinforcement team was there. Nara, the fat one, and the blonde were all huddled around their sensei. Gaara clenched his fists in anger. He looked up at the sky just as it started to cry. He didn't want to intrude on their last moments with Asuma so Gaara turned away from them, but stood nearby to make sure that the Akatsuki didn't return.

Izumo ran over to Gaara. "Lord Kazekage, the Akatsuki said they'd return, but not today," he replied.

"Why'd they leave?" he asked.

"I'm not sure. They just said they had some business to take care of," he answered.

"I'm going to go back to the village. I have to make sure they weren't going after her," Gaara replied and took off at a fast sprint. He bounded through the trees once again in a rush to get back to Ayaka.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took a few days to update, but I'm still debating how I want this to end.
Thanks for being patient.