Blood is Full of Empty Promises

Training Grounds

Ayaka wasn't sure when they would go after Hidan and Kakazu, but she knew that she had to be ready this time. She walked through the village and noticed a clothing store. She needed something to train in. Her clothing was too loose on her, mostly because it wasn't hers. She had borrowed some from Tsunadae after waiting for Gaara in the rain.

She entered the shop and looked around. She didn't want anything too revealing, but she didn't want anything baggy either. Finally, Ayaka decided on something and went to pay for it. There she noticed a kunoichi just across the street carrying ninja weapons with her. Maybe she could help get Ayaka another bow.

"Keep the change," she said and ran out the door towards the kunoichi. "Hey! Excuse me!" she yelled. She stopped just behind the shinobi and the girl with the weapons turned around.

"Who me?" she asked and Ayaka nodded.

"Are you a weapons specialist?" she asked eagerly.

The weapon girl smiled. "Absolutely!" she answered.

"I need your help. I'm sure you know where to buy weapons around here. Well, I'm in need of a bow and some arrows. I could make them myself, but they would be faulty since I don't have a lot of time on my hands," Ayaka said.

The girl smiled. "You're from the sand village?" she asked looking down at Ayaka's band that was wrapped around her waist.

"My name is Ayaka Iniyami. I'm here with the Kazekage. In a few days we will be going after the Akatsuki. I need to be stronger this time plus I'm in need of a bow," she answered.

"You're here with Lord Gaara?"

"Yes."

"I'd love to help you. My name is TenTen. It's nice to meet you," she replied with a huge smile and held out her hand. Ayaka's eyes widened from shock, but then she smiled and shook TenTen's hand.

___

Ayaka braided her long hair to the side. She tied her band around her head so that when people looked at her, that would be the first thing they see. TenTen told her to meet her at the training grounds where she saw the shinobi training yesterday. She wondered if they would still be there.

Ayaka took off Tsunadae's clothes and put her new ones on. She looked in the mirror. She looked like the strong kunoichi that she was before she faced her friend, Hidan. She would find that person again and become her. She was going to kill Hidan and not be burden to anyone else.

___

TenTen was waiting at the training grounds when Ayaka finally made it. She looked around seeing nothing but green field. Ayaka then noticed the shinobi still training. She was surprised that they were still out there.

"Alright Miss Ayaka, here are all the weapons we will be training with," she replied and took out the scroll that she was carrying on her back and laid it down. The scroll unraveled, revealing a variety of weapons. She saw the gleam in TenTen's eyes. This girl must really like weapons.

"I just need a bow."

TenTen glared up at her. "Foolish!" she exclaimed and stood up clenching her fists. She had a fire in her eyes. "What are you going to do if you run out of arrows? What if arrows don't faze your opponent? You need to have a backup plan and a backup plan for your backup plan."

Ayaka bit her lip realizing that the kunoichi was right. She needed any advantage that she could find. Hidan was much stronger that he was back then when they sparred together. "I understand," Ayaka replied and TenTen smiled in response.

"Alrighty then! Let's get started!"

___

Gaara looked for Ayaka, but couldn't find her anywhere. He exhaled and tried to remain calm. She was safest here in the hidden leaf village, yet he still worried about her.

Gaara walked through the village wondering if she had went exploring. She should of told him where she was going. He felt slightly aggravated that she didn't think of how he would feel if he couldn't find her.

"Are you looking for Ayaka?" Sakura asked the Kazekage. Gaara turned to see the pink-haired medical ninja, the one that defeated Sasori of the red sand.

"Yes, I am," he answered.

"I saw her go to the training grounds with TenTen. You should find her there. If not, then next time I see her I'll relay that you are looking for her," she said before continuing on her way to the medical center.

Gaara thanked Sakura before running towards the direction that she pointed out for him. He eventually ran into the training area that she had referred to. First he noticed Naruto off in the distance training with Kakashi and one other ninja. He wasn't sure who he was, but that wasn't his concern.

Gaara then noticed the girl known as TenTen and Ayaka training in the shadows of the trees. Ayaka looked worn out as if she'd been training for hours. He smiled at her determination, but he also knew that it meant she was determined to defeat Hidan on her own. He wouldn't let that happen though. He couldn't take any risks with her.

Gaara watched Ayaka from afar. She was getting better at fighting at close range. It made him feel a little better knowing that she could defend herself at close range. Before she was only good at long range, only using her bow and arrow and now here she was using all kinds of weapons.

Ayaka fell to the ground. Sweat poured from every inch of her body. TenTen was pushing her well beyond her limits. She panted unable to catch her breath. Her muscles could no longer keep her up and Ayaka collapsed, face in the dirt.

"Ayaka!" she heard Gaara's voice yell. Was he watching her the whole time? Or was she just imaginging it?

Gaara ran over to her and sat her up with his arms. "Ayaka! Are you-"
He froze mid-sentence noticing her headband. It was no longer blank. She had on the symbol for his village, for Sunagakure.

Ayaka opened her eyes to see Gaara staring at her headband with shock. She managed a weak smile. "I'm ok," she managed to say before falling asleep in his arms.

Gaara smiled and picked her up, cradling her body close to his.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks yet again for reading and being patient with me.