Blood is Full of Empty Promises

Kakazu's Ace

Team Asuma moved in to attack. They did their best to sneak up from behind. Ayaka watched as Shikamaru used his shadow possession jutsu to sneak up behind Hidan and Kakazu. So far everything was going as planned.

"Hidan," Kakazu said still facing forwards.

"I know," Hidan replied and they both jumped out of the way, dodging the shadows.

"Stay away from the shadows," Kakazu warned his partner.

Shikamaru threw paper bombs at the two. Both of them realizing the incoming kunai, dodged the attack. Shikamaru continued throwing. Now was the time for his new technique. He threw Asuma's chakra blades with fake paper bombs attached to them. That way Kakazu and Hidan would both dodge them however, the chakra blades would land in their shadows. It worked perfectly.

"What the-" Kakazu grumbled noticing that he couldn't move.

"Aww man, how could you get yourself caught," Hidan whined to his partner.

The rest of team Asuma, Gaara, and Ayaka stayed hidden. So far so good, they still had an advantage. Shikamaru used his shadow possession jutsu to take control of Hidan to attack Kakazu. Then their plans shattered. Kakazu's arm removed the chakra blade, letting Kakazu dodge the attack.

"God damn it, I can't control myself. Kakazu, do something!" Hidan yelled to his partner while attacking him against his will.

"Me? What's wrong with you?" Kakazu replied dodging each attack. Hidan cornered Kakazu up against the tree.

"Choji now!" Shikamaru yelled and Choji attacked Kakazu from the sky. A cloud of smoke erupted, filling the air making it almost impossible to see. Ayaka wondered if they really still had the advantage. It all seemed too easy to her. Nothing goes this well, not with the Akatsuki.

Finally the smoke cleared, they were all waiting eagerly to see the damage done. Kakazu was still standing, unfazed. Shikamaru took a small step back. "What?" he gasped. Kakazu had somehow managed to harden his body. That was his special power, or so Shikamaru thought.

"Physical attacks are pretty much useless," Kakazu said smugly. His partner laughed.

"Fools," Hidan chuckled.

Shikamaru's next strategy fell into place. Kakashi attacked the unsuspecting Kakazu from behind, nailing him in the heart. Kakazu gasped as the chidori pierced his heart. "I didn't even sense you."

"Sorry about that," Kakashi said, his Sharingan eye exposed.

"Hey, I thought physical attacks were useless against you," Hidan said to his partner.

"I watched from the shadows as you weaved your hand signs. This technique is an earth style technique. I knew if I took you by surprise you wouldn't have time to use it."

"You're a lightning style. You must be the copy ninja, Kakashi Hatake," Kakazu replied. Gaara now saw that the only ones still hidden were him, Ayaka, and Ino. He wasn't sure how this was going to play out, but he had doubt that it would play in their favor. The Akatsuki always have tricks up their sleeve.

"Earth is inferior to lightning. Now your lucky day," Kakashi replied.

Shikamaru started to shake. He was losing control of his jutsu. He gritted his teeth trying to hold on a little longer. "Kakashi!"

Kakashi realized that Shikamaru was close to his limit. He increased the chakra in his chidori destroying Kakazu's heart, then he ripped his hand away. Kakazu fell to the ground, face down.

"Aww seriously, one punch to the heart and you're done? I can't believe it," Hidan whined.

"You're next," Kakashi said lighting up his chidori again. Kakashi sprung forward towards Hidan ready to kill. Out of nowhere, Kakazu sends a blow to Kakashi sending him flying off in the opposite direction.

"Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. All that tough talk. Now who's done?" Hidan bantered while grinning at his partner.

Ayaka's eyes widened. "But how?" she wondered and clenched the dirt beneath her fingers. She watched as Kakazu undid his cloak. He threw it off and her mouth dropped open at the site of his body. It was like a rag doll almost. He had masks sown onto his back. Four to be exact; and one of them was broken. She stared in horror as Kakazu revealed his ace card.

Kakazu's skin ripped at the seams. His body seemed to separate into four black things wearing masks. Shikamaru's shadow possession wore off. He was too shocked to focus. "Alright! Let the slaughter begin," Hidan said swinging his weapon in front of him.

"What are those things?" Ayaka heard Gaara ask from behind her. She didn't know how to answer him. She had no idea what was going on.

One of the masks collapsed, melting on the ground into a puddle of black. "Let's do the usual," Hidan said to his partner and Kakazu chuckled. Gaara's eyes widened. What was going to happen?

Hidan attacked Kakashi. He swung his weapon crazily in front of him, but the copy ninja dodged every attack. "Oh no you don't," Ayaka said before bounding towards Hidan. Gaara noticed too late.

"Ayaka, no!"

Ayaka flew forward towards Hidan. She drew her katana just before reaching him. Their blades collided. "Aya-chan, it's so nice of you to join us again. I knew you would miss me," he said smiling disgustingly at her.

"There's no way I'd miss a creep like you!"
Ayaka appeared behind Hidan cutting just the back of his neck. Hidan jolted forwards away from Ayaka.

"Bitch, you almost took off my head again," Hidan complained while holding the back of his neck. A disgusted look appeared on her face. Again?

Gaara ran towards Ayaka and stood his ground next to her. "Next time give me a heads up," Gaara scolded her. She smiled and licked her lips before charging again. Her katana collided with Hidan's weapon several times before he hit it just right. It flew from her hands and landed out of her reach.

"Don't worry, Aya-chan, I'll give you a proper death," Hidan replied and attacked her once more. She didn't have anything to defend herself with this time. His weapon collided with sand, Gaara's ultimate defense. "What the-"

"I'm not dying today," she smirked and summoned up all the strength she could muster. She swung her leg back and then kicked it forward into Hidan's neck. His head flew off of his shoulders, landing by Kakazu's feet.

Ayaka realized what she had just done and almost puked. "That's disgusting," she gagged.

"Can you go at least one fight without losing your head, you idiot," Kakazu growled down at his partner. "I should leave you like that."

"Aww come one, Kakazu, help me out," he whined up at his partner. Kakazu growled before picking up his partner's head.

"Don't let him reattach that!" Shikamaru instructed. They all charged towards Kakazu and his masks acted accordingly. Shikamaru, Choji, and Kakashi all faced one on their own. One was too much for some of them so Gaara and Ayaka ran to their aid. Ino was still in the shadows waiting for Shikamaru's queue.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cha!!! Now some action :D

thanks for reading :)