Blood is Full of Empty Promises

The Different Chakra Natures

One of the black masks went after Kakashi. He dodged the attack quickly. The black mask let out a huge amount of chakra concentrated all into one wind attack. It didn't even matter that the attack hit Hidan as well.

"He must be taking advantage of his partner's immortality," Gaara deducted as the wind pushed them backwards. It was so strong Ayaka was sure that she'd fly away, but Gaara held a firm grip behind her and her body was blown against his. She turned around to shield her face with his chest. Gaara wrapped his arms around her, protecting her from the powerful blast.

"Kakashi-sensei!" Choji and Shikamaru screamed. Ayaka could barely hear them over the howling wind.

The wind died down and dead branches crumbled all around them. A massive cloud of dirt made it impossible to see. They all waited for the air to clear.

Ayaka watched as the air cleared and Kakazu with his three masks came into clear view. She saw one of the masks charge up with electricity. "Watch it guys, we're next," Shikamaru warned while taking a defensive stance with a red scroll in his hand.

"Run!" they all heard Ino yell and come out from behind the trees that were still left.

"Lightning style false darkness!"
The mask lit up with a lightning style jutsu and came straight for Team Asuma. Shikamaru opened his scroll readying himself for the blow. His eyes widened with horror.

"Oh no! It's too much!" he yelled. Gaara quickly grabbed Ayaka up into his arms and moved her out of harm’s way. He didn't have time to help the others, but luckily Kakashi appeared in front of Shikamaru to soak up with lightning chakra. It was such a massive amount that it pushed Kakashi back and burned up his gloves and flak jacket. Shikamaru wasn't sure if Kakashi would be able to hold it off. Thankfully the chakra evaporated and Shikamaru and Choji let out a sigh of relief.

Ayaka and Gaara watched from the side. Gaara was more worried about Ayaka in this fight then the others. He didn't want her here anymore, but he knew that she wouldn't leave and he would feel wrong leaving the people that helped him save his girl.

Ino finally reached them. "Are you alright?" she asked worriedly.

"Well, I'm still standing," Kakashi replied between each breath. He looked worn out.

"What the hell is going on? He's already used several different chakra natures. He's used Earth, Wind, and now Lightning? This guy is incredible," Gaara said almost under his breath. Ayaka bit her lip in worry. All that training with TenTen and she still felt like she was in the way. She did manage to behead Hidan though. She shuddered from the disgusting thought. "Are you ok?" Gaara asked as he looked down at her. He must have felt her body shake from the disgust. Ayaka nodded and continued to watch from the sidelines.

Hidan walked up next to Kakazu. "What the hell?" Ayaka yelled. His head was back on and a smirk was across his face. He was up and ready to fight. Kakazu must have taken the time from the wind and lightning blast to reattach Hidan's head. "Damn it!" Ayaka yelled and hit the ground with her fist. Her blood boiled. How could she have missed that?

"I'm surprised that you all survived this far," Hidan smirked and chuckled a little to himself. Ayaka gritted her teeth angrily. He then turned to face Ayaka and Gaara’s direction. “Don’t worry, love, I’ve got a present for you,” he said pointing towards her. Ayaka could feel a demonic growl rumble from Gaara’s chest. She stood up and put an arm up as if it would keep Gaara from attacking the silver-haired Akatsuki member.

“We’ll see about that,” Gaara growled almost too low for her to hear.

"Kakashi, you saw through our first attack with your Sharingan, but will you see through this next one?" Kakazu asked while weaving hand signs. "Fire style searing migraine!"

One of the masks opened its mouth and out came a blaze of chakra so big that Ayaka and Gaara could feel the heat from the sidelines. It soared towards Team Asuma, burning everything in sight.

The thick black smoke from the blast covered most of the battlefield. Ayaka couldn’t tell if Team Asuma was harmed or not. Then she saw Kakashi soar out of the black smoke and into the air. His kunai clanked with Hidan’s weapon while in mid-air. Hidan continually swung at him missing each attack. Ayaka was relieved because one slice and he’d be done for.

Then both landed on the ground prepared to go at it again. Shikamaru, Choji, and Ino all came to Kakashi’s defense. Ayaka pushed away from Gaara and went to back Kakashi as well. She heard Gaara curse under his breath. She felt bad for making him worry, but this was her fight too and she wouldn’t just sit on the sidelines and watch as these monsters took out another shinobi.
“Are you ok?” Ino asked Kakashi. Kakashi confirmed. “They’re good. They work seamlessly together,” she commented while still keeping an eye on her enemies ahead.

“Kakashi-sensei attacked him with his lightning blade straight in the heart. So why isn’t he dead? What is going on?” Choji wondered aloud almost sounding panicked.

“You’re right I ran him straight through the heart. He should be dead already, but instead I took down one of the monsters that sprang from his body. I suspect it died in his place,” Kakashi answered.

“Probably,” Shikamaru agreed. “My best guess is that all three of the masked monsters and Kakazu have separate hearts. And yet all five of them are his.”

“What! That’s impossible!” Ino and Choji interjected.

“He’s one less though, thanks to Kakashi,” Gaara replied not taking his eyes off of Hidan.

“You mean, in order to take him down permanently we have to take out the other four hearts that he has?” Ino asked.

“I’m afraid so,” Shikamaru replied. His brows were furrowed and he was staring down his enemy. Ayaka was almost sure that he was constructing a perfect plan in his head that would take down both Hidan and Kakazu for good.

“Good eye, again. Each of these hearts came from a shinobi I battled and got the better of,” Kakazu said. “They can easily be replenished with your hearts,” he continued, narrowing his eyes at the leaf shinobi. Ayaka heard Choji’s teeth chatter.

“Man, he’s creepy,” she heard him whimper.

“Oh, by the way,” Hidan interrupted. “Do you guys bury your dead because I’m sure Kakazu is going to still want that bounty from the bearded guy. He fell so easily,” Hidan said reflecting on his battle with Asuma. “Where’s the fun in that?”

“Says the guy that lost his head,” Kakazu added and Hidan turned to glare at his partner.

“Kakazu, shut the hell up!” Hidan yelled angrily at his partner. He then turned to face towards Ayaka again. “So anyway, I know you’re looking for revenge, but you’re way out of your league here.”

Ayaka moved her body ready to spring forward and attack Hidan with everything she’s got, but Gaara grabbed a hold of her. “Damn it!” she said angrily. “I’ll be ok just let me go!”

“I can’t,” Gaara replied with worry in his eyes. She was losing her mind and that could easily be the death of her.

“Looks like I’m going to have to take out your boyfriend first,” Hidan smirked.

“Bring it on, you piece of shit,” Gaara said angrily and before Ayaka could blink Gaara and Hidan were at each other’s throats.
♠ ♠ ♠
Something was wrong with Mibba's servers or something because it took me forever to be able to post this. Sorry it took so long.

Thanks for reading! There's more to come...please recommend, subscribe, and/or comment :D