Status: ((Ongoing)) I would rather draw a manga but my drawings fail me D: So I hope I can share stories through my plain words.. -bows-

お願い, 教師! (Please, Teacher!)

Chapter 2 ☆ After-School Appointment

(SFX: School Bell Ringing)

“Mnghhh…” Maya stretched her arms up as the bell signalled the start of break time.

“Hey Maya, Maya!”

“… Yes…?” Maya lazily faced up and rubbed her eyes, “yeah Kanata?”

Kanata was brimming with energy, bouncing on her feet, “do you know our new homeroom sensei?? How come?? How old is he??” Her questions were fired without rest.

“Chill, chill! Well… I don’t know him per se…” Maya beckoned Kanata to bend over, “it’s just that last night… he appeared at the store I work at… ugh…” She let out a heavy sigh before burying her face in her arms.

“Eh?? He saw Maya?? Will he report this??” Kanata quickly knelt down beside the table with her eyes widened.

“That’s why I’m feeling so stressed right now…! I don’t know what he’ll do and of all things, he had to be our new homeroom sensei!”

At this moment, someone called out to Maya, something that she had wished not to hear most.

“Aikawa-san, the new homeroom sensei is calling you to the staffroom.”

//Oh. My. Goodness. This is not happening.//

Maya was stunned, unable to react.

Kanata shook Maya by her shoulders, “I’ll follow you and wait outside the staffroom ‘kay?? No worries!” She gave Maya’s head a few light pats as they headed towards the staffroom.

//Meanwhile: Tsukihiko Sensei’s Side

Tsukihiko sensei scratched his head, eyes fixed on the class attendance while occasionally letting out a little sigh. “Tsukihiko sensei? Is something the matter?“ Miss Usami questioned him just as she was about to leave the canteen.

He was stunned and straightened his back abruptly as he faced the school’s discipline mistress, “ah no, nothing much…” Tsukihiko sensei glanced at the class attendance once more, “well, it’s just that a particular student seems to be having a very inconsistent attendance…”

Upon hearing this, Miss Usami shifted her glasses and folded her arms, “well, I would be able to guess who that student is without you even telling. Aikawa Maya, reporting late ever so often this month for a reason even I am clueless about.”

“Y-Yes… She is the student I was puzzled about…” Tsukihiko sensei furrowed his brows, “I’ll try to have a talk with her sometime soon.”

“Oh if you could have her sit down for a talk, please by all means do!” She sighed, “that girl is always fast on her heels, oh so very boisterous… Yet we can’t seem to bring ourselves to hate her. I’ll ask a student to call her to the staffroom on my way out, though whether she appears or not is an entirely different problem.”

“That would be very helpful! I appreciate it very much, thank you,” Tsukihiko sensei gave a polite smile and bow before he prepared to return to the staffroom.

//

“Ahhh! Maybe I should come anoth-“

“Maya!” Kanata frowned and grasped Maya’s hands, “You’ll have to face sensei sooner or later, so it’s best to get this over and done with as soon as possible! You can do this Maya!” The eyes staring straight at Maya were filled with conviction.

“Ughhh…” Maya began to fidget when a familiar figure caught her eye. “Kanata! It’s Kagami-kun!”

//Aw yeah! This is my chance!//

“K-Kou-kun?!” Kanata’s face lit up at the sight of her boyfriend and our junior, Kagami Kou. “Kou-kun~!”

“Kana-chan~!” Kou jogged over to Kanata and threw his arms around her, “Kou missed Kanata so~ much!”

“Kou-kun..! You shouldn’t say that out loud here..!” she grew a faint blush and pinched his cheeks. “E-Eh..?! Where did Maya go?!”

By the time Kanata had realized, Maya already slid out of her sight and was brisk walking back to class. “Thank God Kagami-kun came! I’ll just try to avoid sens--?!” She rammed straight into someone around the corner and was thrown a few steps back.

“Oh… You…”

“S-Sorry! Eh- Sensei?!” The person she had walked right into was none other than Tsukihiko sensei. “Ah I have to go to the… Toilet! Yes toilet!” Maya spun around stiffly but her arm was suddenly held onto.

“Are you… Aikawa?”

At the sound of her gently called name and sensei’s soft gaze, Maya unconsciously blushed as she faced Tsukihiko sensei. “Y-Yeah I am but now isn’t a good time to tal-“

“Why are you always late?” Tsukihiko sensei’s gaze was of concern, “and it started only around 2 weeks ago.” His grip on her arm was firm yet gentle altogether, making Maya mentally flustered. Her eyes began to trace the length of his arm till it reached her own. “Ah, s-sorry about that,” Tsukihiko released his grip and regained his posture, “if it’s inconvenient for you to speak right now, would it be alright to stay back after school today?”

“E-Eh… Well…” Maya kept her gaze down, unable to look up.
//Wa-Wait… Why am I feeling flustered for?!//

“I would just like to speak with you for a short while so the classroom would be fine. I hope Aikawa will wait for me.”

//Asking me to wait for him doesn't sound like a teacher thing...!//
She flushed at his phrasing and tilted her head up slightly to speak, “O-Okay… Sensei…”

Tsukihiko sensei’s eyes widened for a moment, before adorning a soft smile that reminded Maya of a puppy. “That’s great! Well then, I’ll see you,” he gave a quick wave before heading off.

//NOTE TO SELF: DON’T LOOK AT HIS FACE.//

Maya touched her cheeks with both hands, feeling a burning sensation.
♠ ♠ ♠
What will happen after school?! Will Maya even go at all...? Stay tuned to see their development!