Status: Updating as much as I can.

Above the Trees

chapter three

It has been three weeks since Millie and I had our night with One Direction and Liam and I have been conversing nonstop; we text, Instant Message and even Skype. Occasionally, Millie will come over and we’ll video call Liam and Niall. I guess Niall and Millie really hit it off at the club. I’m not surprised though; I mean, Millie is Millie and Niall is Niall. I have always thought they were meant to be together—but that’s a little premature.

The Skype calling sound rings from my computer and I come into my bedroom and sit down in front of my massive HP laptop. I see it’s Liam and the corners of my mouth perk up. “Hey,” I say, answering the call.

“Hello,” he greets with a bright smile.

My heart melts when I hear his voice. Then it hits me: I have become completely infatuated with this boy. Everything about him just makes me form into a puddle. “What’cha been up to?” I ask, shaking the thought out of my head.

He leans back in his chair. “Just hanging with the lads.” He gestures to his left and I hear Niall’s voice call out. “We have the day off today. What about you?”

“Just getting ready to go out on the town with Millie. We’re going to some fancy restaurant.” I roll my eyes as I slide an earring in my first earring hole. Just then my cell phone rings. I check the screen and set it down, making a disgusted face.

“What? Who is it?” Liam asks, his interest piqued.

“Uh, my… friend?” I’m almost say “best guy friend” but then I stop myself. “My friend, Jeff. He has been calling nonstop.” I give him a weak smile.

Liam’s facial expression shows that he knows there is something more going on, but he lets it go. “Well, I gotta go,” he says. Then he quickly ends the call.

I shrug it off and continue to get ready. After about an hour, Millie knocks at my door and she takes my hand, leading me down to the lobby as fast as we can walk in our heels. Once we’re in the vehicle, Millie hands me a blindfold.

“What’s this for?” I ask with a giggle, holding the strip of fabric up.

“Just put it on! Where we’re going is a surprise!” She gives me an assuring grin. I sigh and do what I’m told.

Millie drives me downtown and when she tells me to, I take off the blindfold to reveal a fancy Eastern European restaurant called Nafaka.

“Wow, Millie! You really pulled out the big guns for this one!” But my voice becomes hushed. “But how the hell am are we supposed to afford this?”

“We’re not buying,” she laughs. I look at her like I don’t understand. “Just get out of the car!” She exclaims.

I do so and I walk toward the entrance, my heels clicking against the pavement. We enter the restaurant. It’s magnificent; dozens of tables with white table cloths and sets of silverware. Candles flicker on the table tops and there is a soothing melody humming in the background.

Millie whispers something to the spiffy-dressed host. Now I’m starting to get really suspicious and really confused. “Follow me,” the host says, looking me up and down. He leads us to the back of the restaurant where I’m guessing the private rooms are. I start to get excited. The last time I was in a private room, I met One Direction. What will happen this time?

“Liam!” I gasp as I enter the VIP room. He is standing there in a black suit next to a beautiful table. I run up to him and unexpectedly hug him.

“Hello, Ellie,” he chuckles as he wraps his arms around my waist. My stomach drops at the touch.

I turn to Millie and then back to Liam. “But how? I thought you were on tour?”

“Like I said, we had the day off,” Liam smiles.

“So you flew all the way back to Grand Rapids?”

“I thought we needed a proper date.”

“Well, then, let’s get to it! But Millie, where you are going?” I ask.

“I’ve got my own date,” she winks.

“…With Niall,” Liam whispers, leaning in close. I try to hide my shaking.

Liam pulls out a chair and I take a seat at the table. A little cliché, but what a gentleman. A waiter immediately comes over to take our drink orders. We both order water and then we silently dismiss the man.

“So,” Liam begins. “I have to admit, I have no idea what to order here. Millie said you like Eastern European food?”

“Oh, yeah, I grew up in Kentwood so I had a lot of Bosnian friends,” I explain.

Liam puts down his menu and looks at me. “Tell me more about that.” He smiles eagerly.

I smirk and tell him all the basics of where I grew up. I explain that I graduated from East Kentwood High School last May. It made me feel so young to tell him that considering he’s turning twenty soon (I looked him up on Wikipedia).

“So what do you do for a living?” He asks, picking up his menu again, trying to figure out what to order.

“I’m an assistant baker at Elegantly Baked Cupcakes here in downtown. I’m also a volunteer rape counselor.” I grin proudly.

My date looks stunned and taken aback. “Really? The first sounds fun but the second one sounds…”

“…Depressing? Bleak?” I finish for him. “It’s actually really rewarding. People seem to trust me and that is really gratifying,” I bob my head up and down a tad bit, lost in thought, thinking about the poor victims I deal with.

Liam’s grin melts off his face. He is picking his words carefully. “What made you decide to become rape counselor?”

“Watching Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, actually,” I answer. Liam laughs and I join him with joy that the subject had been lightened up.

After dinner, Liam’s driver takes me home, but Liam comes with us. During the car ride, I place my hand on the backseat and Liam puts his over mind and squeezes. We don’t look at each other—just out the windows; but I can’t help but crack a smile.

Baldy, One Direction’s body guard, guards us as we travel through the lobby and up the elevator to my floor.

“Well, here I am,” I say as I step toward my door. I turn to face Liam. “Would you like to come in?” I look to Baldy. “Well, if it’s okay.”

Liam’s gazes travels from me to Baldy. Baldy nods and Liam’s eyes meet mine again. “I would love to join you.”

“Great!” I practically squeal as I turn the key in the lock. “This is my home.”

“Swanky,” Liam says nonchalantly as he observes the stylish Ikea furniture with the sleek, modern design.

“The bathroom is through the bedroom…” I hint as I walk toward to the other room. Liam follows me and I plop down on the bed.

“Nice bed,” he remarks, gesturing to the king size masterpiece.

I stand up and walk over to him. He immediately puts his hand on my cheek, brushing his thumb across my skin. “I had fun tonight,” I whisper, melting against his touch.

“Me too,” he breathes back.

After what seems like forever, Liam finally goes for it. His lips touch mine and fireworks go off inside my head. My mouth opens, inviting him in. Our tongues play back and forth, wrestling with each other. He tastes delicious.

Liam’s hands move down my body to my waist and the zipper on the back of my dress. He pulls it down. Liam’s warm hands against my back make me shiver with excitement. I slide out of my dress and start stepping backwards toward the bed. I sit back down and help Liam with his belt. I yank down his dress pants to reveal his classic black Calvin Klein boxer briefs. I bite my lip at the sight, feeling lustful. I then look up to find Liam has his shirt off. My eyes widen—he’s beautiful. Like a Greek god.

“Ellie, you’re blushing,” he laughs. Liam leans down and kisses me once more. “Don’t be nervous.”

“I-I’m not nervous. I’m just a little... in awe.” I mold into giggles at how stupid and pathetic I sound, “I’ve just never been with a guy…”

“...Like me? A ‘famous person’, that is?”

“Uh, sure, yeah.” Nice save. I quickly take my earrings out and place them on the nightstand. I then almost aggressively pull Liam onto the bed with me. I kiss him passionately and climb on top of him, straddling his waist.

“Ooh, wow,” he mutters with a smirk. “Wasn’t expecting that….”

I bend closer and whisper in his ear: “I think you’ll find I’m an unexpected girl.” I smooch his cheek and then move back to his lips and down his magnificent chest. I feel Liam grow erect underneath me and I blush again. He goes to unhook my bra but I stop him. “Wait, Liam, not yet…”

Liam immediately stops. “What? What’s wrong?”

“It’s just…” I think of the words to say. “It’s only our first date. I feel kind of sleazy.” I wince, waiting for his reaction.

He folds his lips and then finally speaks, “I understand. That’s perfectly okay with me.”

I can hear the disappointment in his voice. “But that doesn’t mean you can’t spend the night? We can just cuddle and kiss until the sun comes up.” I grin quickly and then kiss him again.

“Sounds good to me,” he chuckles.

I roll over onto my back and I pull the covers up. Liam and I crawl underneath the comforters, facing each other. We lay in silence for a while until Liam finally speaks. “You’re so beautiful.”

“I’m beautiful? You’re gorgeous, Liam. I mean, have you looked in the mirror? You’re incredible.” I run my hand down his chest. My face grows flushed at the word vomit I just spewed.

Liam lets out a soft laugh. “You’re so funny, Ellie. I love that about you.”

Did he really just say that? I’m dying.

It feels like my heart is bleeding—but in a good way. Liam James Payne makes my heart bleed and my head swim. I feel tears start to form as he strokes my hair. I close my eyes, ready for sleep.

“Ellie?”

“Yes?”

“Will you come on tour with me?”

I eyes fly open.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is kind of late; I was on vacation in Texas! I did manage to get some writing done in the car though--including the next chapter. Inspiration hit me like a freight train while on the car ride down. Comment, recommend, subscribe, please!

Ellie's Outfit
Millie's Outfit