Status: whenever i can :D

Positive Accidents

meeting and greeting

I never expected to get into the film industry. Well it isn’t as glamorous as it may sound. I am a makeup and hair artist for the celebrities in films but mainly for when it comes round to the premiers I make sure they look presentable. I never intended to come into fashion or film. I didn’t have a job and my cousin knew a friend who was willing to take in newbie’s as I had some background and here I am. However one new job was going to change my life.
I got offered to tour around the world to the premiers of the new Man Of Steel film and be the stylist of superman himself Henry Cavill. I had seen pictures of him before but when I met him I was in for a shock.
It was my first day and we were starting in L.A. My boss briefed me and I set up my make up, hair products etc on my desk in the busy room and waited for Henry to come in. I was just setting everything out as I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see a huge smile from the man behind me who toward over me. His face was chisled to perfection and his natural hair was coming through after his shower so it was a bit curly.
He offered his hand out to me “Henry Cavill”.
I took it and shook it back “Megan Smith, but you can call me Meg” I said with a smile.
“why hello Meg, sorry you get stuck with me for the next couple of months!” he said as he sat down in the chair infront of me.
“that’s no problem, I can be a bit weird at times so giving you a warning” I said back and started combing through his dryish hair.
“is that an English accent I hear?” he said looking at me through the mirror.
“yes indeed, I am from kent” I said reaching over to get some of the hair product.
“ah him from Jersey” he said
“nice, you been over in the states for long?” I asked
“yeah I have been here regularly. How about you?” he asked very politely, always smiling. This mans positive energy was infectious as I was smiling too.
“I’ve been here about 3 weeks now and I think the heat is going to kill me eventually.” I said brushing his hair into place and placing my hands on his shoulders “done.”
Henry pulled a sad face as he got up “aww that wasn’t very long was it? Will have to make our meetings longer next time” he said as he walked away with a smile.
This accidental job was turning out to be quite good for me so far.
We kept up our short meetings for the due amount of time and finally saw each other out of work for a meal for the whole team. However not everyone could make it and I think the only actor who did was Henry.
I came in and said hi to everyone and went to find my seat. I found myself sitting next to Henry who was chatting away to the person next to him. As I sat down he turned around to me and smiled.
“well we finally meet outside the perimeter of that chair” he said, it made me chuckle as he looked at my outfit. I was wearing a long black top with navy leggings and converse and a black scarf on.
“its weird not seeing you in the overalls you wear for the hair and makeup” he said picking up the end of my scarf.
“well it is weird not seeing you in a fancy suit” I said as he was wearing a suit shirt with his sleves rolled up and some jeans.
“touché” he said pointing his finger at me.
During our time together we really got to know a lot about each other. I loved how he was a game nerd and he promised me at some point he would help me get started at playing world of warcraft. At the end of our meal we all had to part our ways, we were back in America and I had my flight home at 2 the next morning. We all got dropped off at the airport and went our separate ways.
It finally came down to me saying goodbye to Henry. We gave each other a hug and he said into my ear “we will have to meet up sometime when I am near you”
“yeah” I said back. I got out a piece of paper and wrote my number and address on it “pop round whenever you are near” I said with a smile.
“will do” he said as he put the paper in his pocket.
He leant down and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I blushed as he walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you like this opening chapter :)