Status: whenever i can :D

Positive Accidents

little gifts

I drove Jo to the airport and Henry came with me, he pestered me into going to this nice restaurant for lunch, he said it was his treat.
Henry sat in the car as I said my goodbye to Jo.
“don’t have too much fun without me” I said when giving her a hug.
“I think you will be having more fun than me missy. You’ve got hot stuff over there to keep you company” she said winking at me “if you are not kinda with him by after these 6 weeks I will be going in for the kill.”
I laughed and waved as she walked away. As soon as I couldn’t see her anymore I got into the car and followed Henry’s directions to the restaurant.
We parked the car and had lunch in a low key but posh restaurant. He must have visited here often as the waiters, chefs and managers all knew him and took to me very kindly. We sat there and chatted and after I dragged Henry around shopping. I did explain to him I detest clothes shopping but looking in weird and whacky shops was always a good time waster.
The last shop we looked in was a small unique jewellers. Henry looked around the male section; he wasn’t much of a jewellery person but said he wanted to browse. I came across this necklace which was a black heart with a red gem in the middle of it. If you turned it over you could have anything you wanted engraved into it in white. The lady behind the counter saw me staring at it through the glass and got it out for me to try on. I put it on and went to the mirror and bathed in its beauty. I’m not a girly person but this was simple and elegant and could go with anything. Henry walked up behind me and his hands gently rested on my waist and I saw his smile in the mirror.
“that’s a very nice necklace Meg” he said softly making my whole body relax.
“its expensive though, I can’t afford it at the moment” I said going to take it off but Henry stopped my hands and did it for me and handed it back to the lady.
“why don’t you go and get us some drinks and chocolate from next door so when we get in we can watch a film, I want to relax before that plane ride tomorrow.”
I nodded and left. Henry had a meeting in L.A with his manager tomorrow and was coming back early one morning a couple days later so I understand he just wanted to chill out for a bit.
I came out of the shop and we went back to the car and went home.
We ended up watching the hobbit on the tv and I fell asleep on his shoulder. I felt him put a blanket over us and put his arm around the back of my neck to my shoulder. I snuggled in more to his chest as I yawned into his shirt.
I woke up early the next morning to drive Henry to the airport. He left with a smile and a compliment like always being the gentleman he is. I made my way back home and had a shower. As I got out and started brushing my hair I noticed a small box by the sink with a not saying “Meg. X “ on top.
I opened it carefully to see the exact necklace I had been looking at the day before. He left another note saying ‘ I couldn’t help see your eyes light up when you saw that necklace, I had a wonderful day yesterday and would consider it our first date of hopefully many, I hope you agree! See you soon, yours Henry x’. I felt a single tear roll down my cheek. I wasn’t an emotional person generally but this man was so kind and considerate I couldn’t believe what he had just did.
I took the necklace out of the box and turned it over to the other side. In white letters it said
‘12-07-13
Our first date
Henry x’
I put it on and smiled knowing this was the start of a great thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you enjoy this longer chapter :) x