Status: Updating chapters soon!

Process of Elimination

Day of the Reaping

After wailing for about an hour, I left to go to the reaping.

You see, I'm not like a normal District 1 that LOVES reaping's and wants to go into all of them. Yeah, that's not me. In fact, everyone seems to love the games here--because lots of District 1's win. I'm a pacifist, so I haven't done an inch of training. People say if I get into the games I'd be the first to die. Oh, but I've been careful. I am making sure I don't go in. Lots of people do it so there's a huge chance to go in. NOT ME.

My friend, Glitter, and myself walked to where the reaping was held. After getting our fingers pricked, we rocketed off to our age group.

Helka made a speech. While she was doing that, Glitter and I began to chat.

"Who do you think will go in?" Glitter asked me with a grin.

"I don't know," I said. "Bale. He's entered himself in a lot, or something."

"What about the girl?"

"You," I said smiling at her. "But I wish you didn't enter so much."

"Why? Don't you want me to win?"

"I just don't want you to lose. That's all."

"Don't worry, I've been training ever since I was two. I'm faster than 90% of everyone here in District 1, and I bet I'll be faster than everyone there. Plus, you've seen my knife throwing abilities."

"Guys in our District, and in District 2 are really strong," I told her. "They have so much muscle."

"Fast. I'm fast. They won't be able to catch me."

"What if they're good at bow or something? Or throwing knives?"

"Dodging skills," she did a frightening grin. "You know how good I am at that."

She's talking about an incident that happened when we were kids. I was angry, so I was throwing lots of different items at her. She dodged all of them. It was pretty cool, but I'd never tell her that.

"Most of us 14-year-olds don't win," I told her. "We're just 14. We aren't as big as the 16, 17 and 18 year olds."

"That doesn't matter. It's all on skill."

"Now we will announce our Tributes." Helka smiled.

"We start with boys--Bale Derska?" she said pulling a slip of paper out of a clear bowl.

I looked over--Bale's 18. He's really tall and strong. Even worse, he's fast.

Bale grinned, and strutted up to the stage.

"Welcome, Bale." She smiled at him.

"Now for the girls," Helka said.

She reached into the bowl, and pulled out a slip of paper.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't want to announce who it was. :) Okay, so I hope you like this. I really loved the Hunger Games, so I decided to . . . well, do this. I really hope you like this!