Sequel: Speak Now
Status: Active

Superstar

Chapter 21

Tuesday morning~

Erica: Wanna meet for lunch?

I replied with a quick "sounds good" and got dressed.

"Ab, wanna come to lunch", I called into her bedroom. "With who"

"Erica Kane", I said.

"Yeah I haven't seen her in forever", Abby said jumping out of bed, "Speaking of Kanes, how was it last night".

"Pat acted like a baby and I told him I wasn't going to see or talk to him until Tuesday. The stress you warned me about is finally catching up with him I think", I sighed.

"Awh Lex it'll be fine, thats what I keep telling myself about Pat too", Abby said fixing her hair.

Soon we arrived to the restaurant to find Erica waiting out in front.

"Do you always look like you stepped off the runway? You too Ab, I don't think I can be seen with yous in public looking like that", Erica said as we walked into the restaurant.

"Please, look at you", Abby said. (a-http://www.polyvore.com/abby_lunch/set?id=89172068, l-http://www.polyvore.com/lunch-lexie/set?id=89041649, e-http://www.polyvore.com/lunch_erica/set?id=89171525)

"So how are you love birds", Erica asked. Me and Abby both glanced at each other, knowing that both of us weren't doing so good.

"It should be good depending on how tonight ends. He texted me earlier to tell me to dress nice to the game for dinner after", Abby said looking hopeful. Her and Sharpie haven't talked in over a week now.

Now it was Ericas turn to look at me.

I shrugged, "He got mad at me during dinner and we agreed to not talk until after the game tonight".

"I figured", Erica said taking a sip from her drink.

"What do you mean you figured", I asked confused. "Patty's not good at hiding his emotions, I've learned how to read him so easily and I could tell right away that something was up at dinner after you mentioned college", she explained and I nodded in understanding.

"Its just I think everyones really stressed about tonight so emotions are pretty high and I figured it would be best to have a tiny break", I explained.

"Thats not why he got upset Lex, he got upset because poor babies whipped and couldn't imagine being without you", Erica laughed and Abby agreed.

I rolled my eyes and laughed, "Whatever you say blondie".

Game~

"Lex, was that Kane", Abby asked looking at me. Her phone vibrated at the same time mine did. I nodded. "My Patrick texted me too, he said if they win we get to go on the ice. He wants me there", Abby beamed.

"Pat told me the same time. But geez Ab, you're making me look bad you look gorgeous", I laughed. Sharpie had told her to dress up for the game, even though she wasn't sure why, she could always go home before dinner while he showered, but he insisted she look nice for the game too. She had on http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=89376866

"Quiet supermodel, I'm really nervous, what if they lose and what if he drifts farther from me", Abby whispered. "I'd hug you but I'm afraid I'll mess up your hair. Ab, he loves you and whatever happens tonight it won't change how he feels about you", I reassured her and she nodded.

Before we knew it the game started.

Through two periods, the Bruins and the Blackhawks were even at 1-1. Neither team would budge. The final 20 minutes of Game 6 had the feel of overtime, and when Milan Lucic scored at 12:11 of the third period, it seemed like we were headed for a seventh and deciding game in Chicago on Wednesday night.

"Shit", Abby said biting her nails.

Six and a half minutes after Lucic put Boston ahead, at 18:44 of the third, Bryan Bickell tied the game. And then, just 17 seconds later, at 19:01, Dave Bolland collected a rebound off the left post and put it past Tuukka Rask.

"OH MY GOD WE WON, WE WON LEX WE WON", Abby said jumping up on hugging me. "They did it", I said, matching her excitement.

We looked towards the ice where all the boys were celebrating and hoisting the cup, I grabbed Abbys arm and we rushed down to meet them. Most of the Bruins fans were pissed and already cleared out.

"Fucking Stanley Cup Champions", Erica said as we met her on the way down. "They did it", we said excitedly.

Soon Jonathan and an announcer we didn't know, some hockey official, game skating out with another big trophy.

"Thats the Conn Smythe Trophy, it goes to the player judged most valuable to his team during the National Hockey League's Stanley Cup playoffs", Erica explained to me, sensing my confusion. "Ohh", I said nodding in understanding.

"Goes to PATRICK KANE", we all looked towards the ice to see Patrick skating towards the trophy.

"I don't really remember the past 20, 25 minutes whatever its been but all the hard work pays off and these are the feelings you live for you know", Patrick said as he hoisted his new trophy, "Its gonna be a great summer enjoying this and this year we had a great team and really its just unbelievable this team".

Soon the boys all emptied the ice except for Sharpie, who skated towards us and opened the gate for Abby to step onto the ice, she looked back at me and Erica confused but went with Patrick.

"Oh my god", Erica said excitedly as a slideshow of Abby and Patricks pictures together started playing on the jumbo tron.

Soon Patrick got on his knee and Abbys hands flew up to cover her mouth.

“From the first look at you, I knew this was it. That you were the one that I wanted to spend my life with. That you were my forever. My other half. And in the future you’d be my wife. My one and only. My rock. My comfort zone. My everything. My world. They say love is crazy. And it is. But I don’t want easy. I don’t want hard. I want crazy. I want the fights. The smiles. Laughs. Crying. Everything. It’s not going to be easy. It’s not going to be hard. At time’s it may be difficult. But I can promise you, during those times I’m never going to leave you. We may argue from time to time. I may be sleeping on the couch some nights. But it will be worth it. I promise to love you to the fullest. Till the very last day. Until you get tired of me and even when you do, I’ll still love you from everyday on after that. You are my happiness. Abby I've never loved anyone as much as I thought you, I never knew it was possible and I can't imagine not spending the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

No one heard what Abby said but we could all tell it was positive when she jumped into his arms and he spun her around.

"Its about time", one of the players yelled and we all cracked up.

I reached into my pocket as I felt my phone vibrating.

Calling: Grams

She was probably calling to get a hold of Corey to congratulate him, I figured looking for my brother.

"Hello".

"Lexie", my grandmas voice sounded odd, "Lexie gramps had a heart attack. We're in Boston because we were going to come to the game but he wasn't feeling well earlier so we watched from our hotel. We're at Boston Memorial hospital right now"
♠ ♠ ♠
comments guyss