Sequel: Speak Now
Status: Active

Superstar

Chapter 24

The next few days went in a blur after we arrived home. We got home Monday evening, gramps wake and funeral were Tuesday and Wednesday and the parade was Friday.

Gramps always said he wanted a very small wake/funeral, so it was just me, gram, and Corey which I was relieved. I was tired of the pity parties people loved to throw.

It was Thursday night and I was getting my outfit for the parade ready with Erica, who flew home to Chicago with us so she can be here for the parade.

Patricks name suddenly appeared on my phone. I haven't spoken to him since we've been home, which was weird. I thought for sure he would call to wish me luck about gramps but Abby said to give him space and time and I agreed.

"Brother", Erica asked looking at my phone, I nodded.

"Don't answer. Unless you want to. No, you shouldn't", Erica said, arguing with herself as I pressed ignore.

One new voice mail notification appeared on my screen, I hesitated before pressing send.

"Speaker", Erica said as she reached for my phone.

"I know you hate me and never want to talk to me again, but I really need to tell you something. Kitten, please. I wouldn't call if it wasn't important", he sighed then hung up.

"When did I ever say I hate him", I asked Erica who just shrugged in response. I still loved him and probably always will.

"You called", he said as he answered. "You said it was important".

"Im sorry, but I wanted you to hear this from me", Patricks voice was so void of emotion he almost sounded like a robot. Erica widened her eyes at me but I shushed her.

"What now?"

"I asked Becca to marry me", he choked on the words.

"You what? You're kidding, right", I screeched which caused Erica to press her ear to my phone.

"Its the right thing to do".

I let out the most sarcastic ha I could manage, "The right thing to do? How is marrying someone you don't even know the right thing to do", Erica gasped.

"I can't let my kid live in a broken home", his voice faltered.

"Patrick", I heard my voice softening, "you don't have to marry some stranger. No kid should grow up with two parents who don't love each other".

"Im sorry Lex. Im a fuck up I'm sorry", he sighed.

"Shutup, seriously! You're not a fuck up…..but please don't do this", I begged. It was one thing to have a kid with the slut, but to marry her?

"I already asked her", he admitted.

"What? Pat, no", I whispered as the tears began to fall. "Have you talked to coach? Or your sister? Or Sharpie or any of the boys maybe", I asked, looking at Erica who shook her head, letting me know she had no idea.

"I talked to the boys".

"And", I shouted.

"They pretty much told me not to do it".

"Pat, if everyones telling you the same thing, we can't all be wrong", I pleaded with him.

"It doesn't matter, I can't leave my kid. Were getting married in a month".

"A month", I choked out. "Becca doesn't want to be showing in the wedding pictures", he explained.

I had nothing left to say, I hated her. Right when I thought i couldn't hate her anymore, I did.

"Kitten?", Patricks voice said.

"Stop calling me that", I said, I stopped trying to hide the fact that I was almost sobbing now.

"Lexie, I never meant for this to happen. I never imagined marrying someone who wasn't you".

"How do you think that makes me feel? You can't say that to me! Its not fair Pat, I love you and I was ready to be with you through all of this. I told my brother, you didn't cheat it was a mistake and I wasn't gonna leave you and now you're leaving me! This isn't how its supposed to happen", I sobbed.

"You're not the only one hurting here Lex. I lost us too, ya know?"

"I don't know how to get over you", I whispered.

"Ill never get over you".

"Then don't do this Pat, please don't marry her", I said, my voice cracking.

"I have too.

"NO you don't", I screamed and Erica tried to take the phone to talk to her brother, but I held on tightly.

"Do you still love me", I asked.

"Ill love you until I stop breathing", he said, and I could hear his voice cracking.

"This isn't how our story was supposed to go Patrick. We weren't supposed to end like this".

"You think I don't know that? Our story wasn't supposed to end at all". I didn't respond, just cried, I had nothing left in me to speak.

"Please don't cry kitten", his voice shook.

"You don't get to call me that anymore", I could barely speak I was crying so hard.
♠ ♠ ♠
ahhh ok so I think there's only gonna be about maybe 2-3 more chapters and then its done!! 2 updates in a day yay:)