Sequel: Speak Now
Status: Active

Superstar

Chapter 4

I woke up on the couch with an empty carton of ice cream laying next to me, reminding me of last nights events. Well fuck there goes 5 pounds to my legs. I pushed myself to get up. The clock said 648am. I was quiet to not wake up my brother, but before I knew what I was doing I was putting on a sports bra and some running pants. A nice run sounded perfect, and god knew I needed it after that ice cream last night. I put my headphones in and slowly shut the door. As I walked outside I saw Patrick Kane putting a beautiful blonde girl into a cab. Disgusting, I thought to myself as I began to run.

I don't know how long I ran for, but by the time I got back to my apartment, I felt much better. I walked in to see Corey sitting with 3 guys who I recognized from last nights game.

"Lex I was about to send a fucking search team out for you", Corey said as soon as he saw me. "No need", I said smiling and sitting down with my brother and his friends. "You remember Sharpie, Shaw and Jon from last night right", my brother said pointing at the guys. "Now I do", I said joking, the guys pretended to be insulted. "I'm kidding, I remembered you guys….just not the names", I said honestly. "Can you cook", Shaw asked me. "Not at all, and neither can Corey. We actually have no food in this stupid apartment", I complained. "Ya cause she ate the whole carton of ice cream by herself last night", Corey said glaring at me. "The whole carton? Wow. Didn't think you had it in ya", Jonathan said laughing. "The only reason she's not obese is she's insane and whenever she gets pissed at one little thing she runs for god knows how long", my brother said. "Well now I'm hungry can we get breakfast", I asked hopefully. I was always in a good mood after my runs.

"No can do, we have practice and I don't need my team puking up their guts before playoffs. But we could have lunch", Jonathan said smiling. The others complained about being hungry but soon agreed to lunch after. I took a shower after the guys left and put on a simple outfit with my hair in a bun. http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=87847978

We were meeting at he palace grill across the street from Johnys, where they practice, so I went in and got a booth. Soon enough the doors opened and about 5 people came in. Well shit so much for sitting in a booth, I thought to myself. Sharpie and Shaw squished in to the same booth as me while Jonathan and Kane sat on the other side. My brother texted me saying he was going out with one of the ice girls, go Cor, I silently celebrated for him in my head.

"So who did you take home last night", Shaw asked Kane. He smirked. "The blonde one". "How was it", Toews asked. I felt uncomfortable with where this conversation was going. "Can we not", I blurted out, feeling extremely uncomfortable. "Yeah change the subject guys, we've heard enough Kane stories to last us our whole life", Sharpie added, the others laughed and agreed.

Soon the food came and it was a comfortable silence. Until dumb ass had to ruin it.

I was eating my soup peacefully when I looked up to see Patrick Kane staring at me. "What", I asked, sounding meaner than I intended to. Once again, my rudeness didn't phase him, he just smiled. "I googled you last night". "You what", I asked, about choking on my bread. "Ya nothing as bad as what Crosby made it sound like, but then again I didn't search that far", he said nonchalantly. Everyone else at the table looked confused and placed all their attention on our conversation. "So you and Crosby huh, sucks how it ended. But hey, he's the one who dumped a VS angel". I couldn't believe he had the nerve to bring this up at lunch, much less bring it up at all. "Excuse me I have to go", I mumbled, grabbing my purse and putting a 20 on the table for my bill.

Patrick POV

"What the fuck was that man", Sharpie asked me, looking pissed. "Ya I know, Crosby fucks a supermodel before us", I said laughing. "That was low even for you man", Toews said giving me the same look I see when I go home with a random girl. "I wasn't trying to be mean", I said defensively. "Ya you were why would you do that you don't even know her", Shaw said.

Actually ya I was, but I'd never admit it to the table. Ever since I first met Alexis the first day she got here, I was interested in her. Not just her looks she was mysterious. But unlike most of the female populatopn in Chicago, she didn't seem interested in me at all…she was actually pretty bitchy to me. This pissed me off…who did she think she was. I wanted to get her back for messing with my ego.

"Go apologize and no one will mention it to Corey", Toews said, interrupting my thoughts. "Apologize", I laughed, "No-". "Come on Pat, you know Corey will beat your ass if he finds out you made his little sister cry", Shaw added. "Yeah we might have to too", Sharpie added laughing, but there was a serious undertone to his voice. I got up and pushed the guys out of the way. "Where the fuck even is she I don't have her number", I mumbled. Sharpie gave me it and I walked out side.

"Uh le..Alexis"

Alexis POV

After the lunch incident I just got in my car and drove.

As I was driving an unknown number was calling me, I figured it was one of the guys from this morning, we exchanged numbers but I never got any of theirs.

"Uh le…Alexis", I heard on the other line. "Ya. Who is this", I asked not recognizing the voice. "Patrick". "How'd you get my number", I asked pissed. "Sharpie", he said casually. "I'm hanging up now". "No wait where are you", he asked. "Driving", I said hanging up. Two seconds later he called again. "What do you want", I asked, now I was pissed. He embarrassed me at lunch and now had the nerve to annoy me when I was trying to get all my thoughts together. "Get out of your car I'm behind you".

I looked behind me and sure enough there was Kane. "I'm not getting out of my car in the middle of a street". "Then park".

"What", I hissed, pissed at myself for actually getting out of the car. "Get in", he said, pointing to the passenger side of his car. "No way", I said, folding my arms over my chest, "Sorry but I don't get in cars with guys I hate". "Are you really gonna make this difficult", he asked running his hands through his hair. "You're the one who was the asshole at lunch so yo-", I stopped talking as he got out of his car. Before I could say anything he threw me over his shoulder and buckled me in the passenger seat then returned to his. "What the fuck is wrong with you this is kidnap", I hissed as he drove.

"Are you gonna like explain to me where were going or are you just gonna-"

Patrick POV

"Damn lex can't you just do what you do in your job and just shut up and look pretty for 5 minutes", I asked. The girl hasn't shut up since I put her in the car. Now she was pissed. "My friends call me lex and no because you weren't supposed to know my job", she said sharply, but she did shut up for the rest of the ride. I stopped driving once we got to 33rd street beach, it was normally empty and had a nice walking trail and benches.

"Oh so is your plan to dump me in a lake", she asked, unbuckling. "Come on", I said getting out of the car.

We walked for silence for a couple minutes and it was actually nice, then I forgot why I brought her here. Or I didn't forget she reminded me. Damn I thought models were normally quiet and listened well.

"So are we just gonna walk", she hissed. I pulled her arm and sat down on one of the benches with her. She looked at me waiting. "I'm sorry for lunch earlier", I said looking at my hands. I never really had to apologize to any girls before, besides my mom or sisters, so this was kinda weird. "Why'd you do it", she asked quietly. This was the first time I heard her sound shy or nervous since we met. "Honestly", I ran my hands through my hair, bracing myself for what was coming next, "you kinda hurt my ego yesterday and it pissed me off. And I was curious about why Crosby said to google you". Instead of slapping me like I expected, she laughed. "I ruined your ego how". "You just, you weren't interested in me at all until you and your friend wanted to use me and when I found out that you and Crosby I was just-". "I hope you know how shallow you sound", she said, but there wasn't the mean undertone of her voice this time. "ya sounds kinda ridiculous when I say it out loud", I mumbled embarrassed.

We got up off the bench and began walking to my car.

"Why didn't you want anyone to know you're basically a supermodel", i asked curiously. When I googled her last night there were articles about her saying she was the newest VS angel. "I wanted a new start I guess and its weird when you meet people and they already know who you are, so I asked Corey not to tell anyone", she said looking towards the lake. I nodded. "I like you better when you're not snapping at me when you talk", I said looking at her. She smiled. "Ya I like you better right now too".

We drove in silence the rest of the way back to her car, which was parked right outside of Johnys.

"I punched him yesterday". I said as I parked my car. "Ya I know, everyone saw", she said laughing, "It was awesome thank you". "No I mean after he came up and talked to us after the game". Now she looked surprised. "Why". I didn't wanna seem like a prick or anything for feeling like I had to protect some girl I didnt even know but my head was telling me she wouldn't mind. "I have 3 sisters and the way he talked to you really pissed me off, even if you had pissed me off earlier too", I said laughing, "and I hate Crosby since before I met you and I just saw the opportunity and did it I guess". I left out the part where I almost ran after her looking for her.

She unbuckled and let herself out of the car. Shit, she does think I'm a prick. That is until I saw her leaning in my window. "Thank you", she said kissing my cheek, "I appreciated the apology and ya thank you", she said before walking to her car.

I watched her walk to her car and drive before I left. The whole ride home I couldn't get her off my mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is kinda long so I dont know if I'm gonna update with one or two more chapters tonight I'm still thinking...so let me know please guys:) I always wanna hear any kind of feedback good/bad/anything