Status: Ongoing

The Moment I Knew

Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

Sarah arrived Pizzeria Prima Strata at half past four, right on time. Her co-worker and good friend Rachel took a look at her as Sarah came striding through, tying her apron around her back.
"Okay," said Rachel. "You're practically glowing. Who did you meet?" was the first thing Rachel said to her. She'd always been a very straight up, right to the point kind of person.
Sarah tried holding back her blush, but couldn't. "What do you mean?" she asked and Rachel gave her a well deserved eye roll.
"Don't fuck with me, I know you. You walk in here all lovestruck and act like it's not even there? Come on Sarah you're being stupid. I've known you long enough to see when someone has been on your mind." Rachel winked cheekily as Sarah tied back her long hair into a ponytail.
"Okay," sighed Sarah. "There's no point in trying to hide it from you because you'll probably just find out anyways." Sarah rolled her eyes.
"Wait, what is that supposed to mean?" asked Rachel, somewhat offended.
"That's besides the point," said Sarah quickly. "His name's Finn." she blurted out which distracted Rachel. "I met him at Starbucks when I went to meet Monica for coffee...You know how she's been struggling lately.." Rachel nodded in understanding as Sarah resumed her story while washing her hands at the sink. "Anyways, I was talking with her and when she left the door let all this wind in and blew Finn's papers all over the place. I wasn't even paying attention to who this person was or anything, I just started helping."
"Typical, overly polite and kind Canadian..." said Rachel and Sarah shot her a look.
"But we started talking and he was so nice! And funny and charming..And Rach you would not believe how attractive he is!" Sarah sighed wistfully while blushing again.
"Look at you!" burst Rachel. "He's not even here and you're blushing like mad with this stupid grin on your face!" Rachel laughed at her friend.
Sarah threw her drying towel at Rachel who snickered as it hit her face. "Shut up okay? He's just...I don't know..He seems so different. Oh also," added Sarah. "We met again at the subw-tube," Sarah corrected herself again. "And before that this older woman was giving me this whole 'life lessons about love' talk and she made me realize that even though I've been burned before that that shouldn't stop me from going after what I want!"
"Preach it sister! Finally you're seeing things my way!" exclaimed Rachel in relief.
Sarah laughed while leaning against the counter top. "So I met Finn again on the train and we both go to Leeds! So we started talking again, and laughing and it was so good...Then I gave him my number and off we went.." she trailed. "Do you think he'll call me?" she asked Rachel worriedly as she kneaded the pizza dough into the counter.
"Are you kidding me?" asked Rachel, flipping the dough over onto the other side. "He would have to be blind and deaf and just plain stupid not to Sarah! He will call, I assure you." she said with a determined look to her friend.
Sarah sighed just as their manager Lucy came striding through the door. "Oh good Sarah, you're here. Can you help Mary out with section four? We just had a group of eight come in for a birthday and she's already dealing with two overly picky tables." she said quickly as Sarah nodded and grabbed her pen, paper and tray.
"Wish me luck," Sarah muttered before she went to work.

Finn put down his pen when he heard two long and obnoxious knocks from his door. "Just come in Jack you idiot," he called, shoving his papers to one side.
The door opened and Jack stepped in, grinning. "You know me so well Finny," he said as the boys hugged.
"It's a shame really," said Finn. "Knowing someone like you so well is almost torture."
Jack rolled his eyes. "Are you ready to do the video?" he asked, going back outside the door and picking up his masses of camera equipment.
"Sure," said Finn as his mind wandered back to Sarah and her shock about the channel. She was so surprised, and that look was so cute on her. Her blue eyes got bigger as her mouth fell open and she covered it with a hand. Finn could recall her laugh so well...It was such a good sound. Like home almost, as cheesy as it sounded to think.
"Finn?" Jack's voice broke his thoughts.
"Hm?" asked Finn, looking back to his brother. "Did you say something?"
Jack smirked and crossed his arms. "I think I know what's going on here," he said, sitting down on Finn's bed.
"What?" asked Finn, immediately defensive.
Jack grinned this smile that told Finn that he knew something was up. "You've met a girl, no doubt."
"Pfft," Finn soffed. "Please, what makes you think that?" he asked.
"Finn, I am your twin brother. I've known you since the very second we both came into this world and quite frankly I know you way too well. So, who's this girl? And don't even brother trying to deny it cause I know you're lying." Jack told him very authoritatively.
"Fine," sighed Finn, knowing there was no point in trying to hide it from Jack. "I met her today, at Starbucks...Jack, you're with Ella, right?" he asked and Jack nodded. "Did you...Okay dude this is going to sound completely ridiculous and totally cheesy and really girly all at the same time-"
"Spit out Finn, it can't be worse than anything else I've heard you say," Jack interrupted him as Finn nodded and sighed.
"Okay...Well today in the coffee shop I was just sitting there, studying for the crazy exams we have coming up...And she-Sarah, that's her name-"
"Nice, it's a nice name," chipped in Jack.
"Well she walked in, and I swear to God it's like..Here comes the stupid part...I swear in that four seconds of seeing her I just....Saw her in my life in every possible way..You know holidays and birthdays and being a couple...And I could not for the life of me get those images out of my head." he said with a confused tone. Finn still didn't really understand the whole thing himself. Was it possible he had fallen in love with Sarah before he had even exchanged eye contact with her?
Jack smiled after a moment and Finn looked to him worriedly. "What? Why are you smiling like that? I don't like it Jack...Tell me why..." said Finn warily as Jack chuckled.
"I'm smiling because you, my dear brother," Jack stood up from the bed and began to go to him camera bags. "have experienced what some like to call, 'love at first sight'," Jack unpacked some cables and cameras, placing them in piles on the floor as Finn took in his words.
"So you're saying that I've basically fallen in love with her?" he asked and Jack shrugged.
"I mean sure, you could say that. But who knows, right? You could actually end up hating her. She could have a great exterior but be a complete bitch on the inside."
Finn shook his head immediately. "No, no. I spoke to her, lots today actually. She isn't like that." he said surely as Jack looked to him.
"Well okay, what is she like then?"
Finn thought back to the hours they had spent together. "She's...She's just so many things. Funny, smart, caring, the nicest and most genuine person I've ever met..But I think that comes with her being Canadian and all-"
"Canadian!?" burst Jack with surprise. "Well you never mentioned her being Canadian man!" he laughed. "Canadian girls are amazing."
"And you would know that because....?" Finn asked a Jack blushed and turned away.
"A possible one night stand with a girl from Toronto." he mumbled. "Anyways, doesn't matter, go on." he urged his brother.
"Right, okay." said Finn returning to the subject. "She's just such a sweet person, funny, and she has this really great sense of wit and humour...And my God Jack you have no idea how gorgeous this girl is..." Finn stood up as well and started with the set up. "Picture this for a second," said Finn as Jack nodded.
"Picturing..." he mumbled, closing his eyes.
"She's tall, with long brown, naturally curly hair, pale skin, but not freaky pale. The nicest legs and ass you could ask for, great boobs, and the most insane bluey-green eyes." Finn described, forcing himself not to go into too much detail so he wouldn't freak his brother out.
"Wow." Said Jack as be opened his eyes. "I haven't even met her and I already like her." He grinned with a look to Finn who scowled at him.
"Oh shut up Jack. Nothing's even happened yet. I mean I have her number, and I'd have to be the stupidest person on Earth not to call, but I mean do I just act like its any other phone call?" He asked as Jack continued setting up the amounts if equipment.
"Well...." He trailed for a moment in thought. "Yes and no. Act relaxed but also get across that you're really looking forward to it. Don't act like this is something that happens all the time-" instructed Jack before Finn cut him off.
"And it doesn't!" Exclaimed Finn as he set their large camera on the tripod. "I've never had this happen before! But I don't want to freak her out by being so excited." He frowned at his dilemma as Jack patted his back.
"You know what Finny boy? I'm sure you'll be fine. If this Sarah girl is as great as you say she is then I'm not too worried." Said Jack reassuringly as Finn sighed.
"You're right." He said with a nod.
"Well of course I'm right. I'm always right." Said Jack like it was obvious.
Finn shot a look to him brother before laughing. "Oh sure," he said while handing his brother chords to plug in. "Keep telling yourself that."
"I will." Said Jack with determination. "Now," Jack brought the desk chair from behind him up in front of the camera. "Are you ready to make this video?" He asked as Finn took a seat.
"Lets do it." He said with a smile. The anticipation of a new project always got Finn excited. And he was now looking at getting Sarah to go out with him as his new project.

Sarah clocked out at nine fifteen sharp, and walked home as quickly as possible. It was a horrible day outside, the pizzeria was packed, and she couldn't deal with the disgusting pigs she called customers, that kept looking her up and down like she was a piece of meat. It was vulgar behavior.
Sarah shook those thoughts from her head as she entered her flat and was immediately welcomed by her cat Clive and dog Timber. Clive was an attention hog and both he and Timber were always competing-but the two animals learned to get along.
"I know, I know," she sighed while dropping her keys on the counter and throwing her jacket over a chair. "I'm late for your dinner but I'm here now." She went to work, getting out the bowls and food while her animals circled her feet excitedly. As soon as the bowls were on the floor Sarah was able to escape to go and change. She practically flopped onto her bed after getting changed-it had been such a long day. And a sleep filled with dreams of Finn sounded like just the right way to end the night.

Waking up the next morning, Sarah felt less tired. She had only gotten six and a half hours of sleep but felt completely energized. She knew it was probably because she was still so vamped up from meeting Finn, but decided to blame it on just getting a remarkably good night's sleep. Sarah jumped into the shower, beginning her morning routine that had become so normal. Shower, dress, hair, eat, makeup and then take Timber for a walk before her class at ten.
Sarah left her flat just after eight thirty, and began walking down her street before taking the turn that would take her to Leeds. Sarah loved her morning walks. The air was still cold and crisp and would make her cheeks flushed and red. It was a feeling that reminded her of home. Sarah entered the campus and saw the busy students already in a frenzy. People were juggling textbooks and cell phones, finishing last minute assignments while weaving their way through a crowd, and one guy was even holding a stack of books like a waiter as he continued texting in the other hand. Sarah chuckled to herself. She knew she was one of these crazy people who were all attempting to find a place in life. The problem was, was that she wondered if she ever would find somewhere she fit.
Sarah's phone buzzed and she looked down to her pocket as she went to grab it. Pulling it out she saw it was her mom texting her.
Mom: We're still on for Skyping this afternoon right?
Sarah smiled as she went to answer when suddenly she heard Timber bark loudly twice. She looked to him in surprise and yanked on his leash.
"Timber!" she scolded as she went back to answer. Timber then began pacing furiously in circles, whining and whimpering. "What is going on boy?" she asked, not getting the chance to answer as she slipped her phone back into her pocket.
That's when Timber decided to take off down the busy area of students, full speed. Sarah was yanked along with him, since his leash was wrapped around her waist. "WHOA!" she exclaimed as she was pulled forward and into the sea of people. Sarah found herself dodging and ducking and apologizing profusely as she bumped people and their books. Sarah couldn't help but think that she was going to earn herself some ridiculous new nickname from this experience.
"Timber!" she yelled to her dog which seemed to have no intention of slowing down. "Timber! Stop!" she said again, avoiding a professor who looked at her in shock. "Timber!"
The last part of her exclamation came out in a grunt as she slammed into something. Sarah was dazed for a moment, touching her head while checking for damage.
"What the hell?" asked someone from right in front of her.
Sarah looked up. "You've got to be kidding me."
♠ ♠ ♠
There's Chapter 3 for you! I hope you liked it!! :) Please keep the comments coming, as it lets me know how you guys think of the story and if it needs any new twists or changes! It's all appreciated! Thank you! :)
~Writingurl101_