Creature Fear

001

The first time Stiles witnesses Derek inside of his bedroom, he brushes it off as a bad dream; blames it on the outdated yogurt he had an hour prior to crawling in bed. That was the only logical explanation that he was willing to accept, anyway, because he's made it painstakingly clear on numerous occasions that he refuses to have anything to do with Derek.

(Derek is no stranger when it comes to creepily rotating around teenagers like he's a god damn planet or something, and Stiles also refuses to be talked into becoming some sort of drooling beast of the night, regardless of Scott and Isaac continuously claiming that Derek would never give him the bite. At this point, he isn't sure if he's supposed to be offended or kissing the ground Derek walks—frolics?—on).

But when he sees Derek again and again, even on the nights where he shoves pills down his throat instead of month old takeout he refuses to throw away, he decides that it's better to just not even mention it. He just lets it happen, although he doesn't want to admit that it takes more than two hands to count how many times he's caught Derek prowling in his room in the middle of the night. It does, but he still doesn't think about it, because then he'll be forced to actually take the time and try to figure out what it means.

He hates that there's more to Derek than just the fact that he likes to roll his eyes with his whole head.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll probably regret starting this later.