Status: I will try to update as often as I write! :)

Paper Plane

The Code

Ever since then me and Harry never left each others sides. We would often talk about running off together. Harry favored that idea more than me.

"You know, we should have a secret code.."

"Harry what are you talking about?"

"Like a code to let the other know that we are ready to give it all up and run away... What about the ever famous.. Styles Rules?"

He loved saying that. His sister told me how he tried to make that the password to get into their treehouse when they were little. But his sister just always shoved him out of the way.

"Really Harry?..." I said laughing at him.
Then I glanced down at his paper plane necklace. My hand met the matching one around my neck. I remembered the day that Harry bought them. He said they would be our friendship necklace.

"How about.... Paper Plane?" I said lifting my necklace to catch his glance.

"Perfect. I couldn't think of a better one... Well unless you still want to consider mine." He said smiling. I shook my head laughing.

I never thought I would ever have to use that secret phrase, but I did.

Harry had come over to watch a movie since his parents were on a business trip and my dad was out for the night. Since Harry was okay with watching the movie I wanted, I headed to the kitchen to pop some popcorn. A few minutes later Harry came in and said he had to run and pick up his sister from a friend's house.
As he left I told him I would see him tomorrow, in turn telling him that our movie night was shot for the night. He gave a frown, but I blew him a kiss. He caught it with his hand and put it in his pocket and left.

I went up to my room and got out my computer. I heard the front door slam. I knew who it was. I tried to put my computer up but my dad was already at my bedroom door.

"Why are you always on your computer? Can't you do anything else?"

The way he was talking I know he had been out drinking.

"Get over here. NOW!" He shouted making goosebumps appear on my arms.

I got up and did as he said. As I walked towards him, I got fearful. I knew how aggressive he got when he drank. I could smell the alcohol on him.

Right when I got close enough, my dad slapped my face, sending me spinning around. When my glance met his again a tear had formed in my eye.

"You are such a baby. You have never been strong! I never wanted a stupid daughter! But I got stuck with you!" After his last word another slap hit my face. This time the hit forced me to the floor.
As I tried to get up my dad kicked me several times in the stomach. Each kick harder than the first.
I got up stumbling and rushed to the bathroom. I shut and locked the door behind me.
Once my dad made it to the door he banged loudly and screamed for me to open the door. I couldn't do anything but crawl in the tub and sob. I didn't know what to do.
As my dad yelled still and banged violently I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I pulled it out to see it was Harry. I answered it, not knowing what to say.

"Arlie? Are you there? Who is that yelling? Arlie! Are you okay?"

I didn't know what to say, it was like I couldn't voice anything. I only managed to stumble out two words.

"Paper Plane."

I dropped the phone as my head felt dizzy and my vision started to blur. I could hear Harry yelling through the phone as I slowly slipped out of conciseness.