Love Always

Caught His Eye

“Can you even see the boys?!” We had already been waiting for two and a half hours. Here I was nineteen, almost twenty years old, and waiting in line with my cousin to see a boy bad. To Kaitie and me they were more than just a boy band. One Direction was so much more than just a boy band. They were almost like perfection. “Seriously, why are these girls yelling so loudly?” I say to Kaitie who had her eyes focused on catching a glimpse of the boys. “I still can’t see them,” she calls out rather loudly. “Wanna just listen to some music?” “Of course.” Another hour passes and we can finally spot the boys but there are still tons of people in front of us. “Did you see that?” Kaitie says hitting my arm. “See what?!” I look around bewildered. “Harry keeps starring right at you! I swear he is!” “Really?!” “Yes!” I looked at him for a little bit and I couldn’t believe it, he would glance at me and smile every few seconds or so. Why was he looking at me? Did I have something on my face? I checked myself on my phone screen. No, I looked fine I suppose. So why was he starring? This continued until we were on the last stretch of the line of girls waiting. We were almost there. I knew I could keep my composure when I finally met the boys, but I was slowly freaking out on the inside. “Keep it together, silly!” I kept repeating that to myself. I didn’t notice but Kaitie had been trying to tell me something about a girl in front of me. I must have zoned out. We were so close to getting to the boys, there were maybe fifty people in front of us. Then, we saw the boys stand up in unison and exit the platform they were on. A man’s voice came over the loud speaker in the lobby: “Thank you for coming out to meet One Direction. We hope you all had fun and are excited for the concert in two more days.” He trails off about how to exit the building and how to get out of the parking lot but I don’t listen. I just look around dumbfounded. “What’s the deal?” I say to Kaitie who is talking to a security guard to our left. “Management made them leave!” “What?” Roars of angry fans erupt from either side of us. “That’s not right!” “How could they!” Kaitie starts arguing with someone near us but I pat her on the shoulder and tell her it is no use. We gather our items and start walking towards the door, when someone taps me on the shoulder. I turn around and it is Paul, one of the boys’ bodyguards. “Excuse me miss, but can you please come with me?” he motions for me to follow him. I tap Kaitie and she tags along. “Where are we going?” I say to Paul who is leading us down different hallways. “Someone wants to see you miss.” “Me??” I ask. “Yes ma’am,” he replies. I turn to Kaitie and send her an expression that she mimics back to me. “Here we are,” Paul stops us at the door that has a sign labeled “One Direction.” “NO WAY” I whisper. “Yes ladies, one of the boys has asked for you specially miss… miss…” “Rachel” I reply. “Right, well miss Rachel, Harry has asked to see you if that’s alright.” “That’s just fine,” I reply smiling ear to ear. He opens the door and leads us through. “Excuse me lads, but I have two ladies here to see you.” “It’s her,” I hear Harry whisper to Niall. “Hi” I awkwardly shoot out. Harry walks up to me and Kaitie. “Hello Love,” he says in a way that my heart melted, “come join us please.” The boys make room for me and Kaitie to sit on the couch located in a living room type area. I was between Louis and Zayn and Kaitie between Liam and Harry across from me. We all start into casual conversation; all the while Harry eyes my every move. My phone all of a sudden starts ringing. It was my boss. I excuse myself to answer it and walk into a small hallway to finish the phone call. As I end the call and turn around there stands Harry. “Hello Love, everything okay?” “Yeah, just work stuff.” “Oh, well I was hoping to catch you alone.” “You were?” replying as if the air had been sucked out of my lungs. “Yeah, I wanted to explain why I called you up here….. You’re eyes are just intoxicating.” “Mine?” I reply stupidly. “Yes Love, and you are beautiful.” I shyly look down at my feet blushing. Harry lifts my head up, “you really are…. How about you stay and watch movies with me tonight if you are not busy?” “Sure.” He smiles at me and I could have turned into a puddle right there. He motions me back to the area where the rest of the boys were. Paul comes in telling the boys that it was time to leave. They groan and Paul gives them a stern look and they all jump up laughing. We all exchange phone numbers and hug each other bye. Harry was the last to hug me. “Please message me when you get back to your hotel, so we can arrange our plans for tonight. Which hotel did you say you were staying in?” “The Marriott, about a block from here.” I stutter out. “That’s where we are staying! We are on the fifth floor, which are you on?” I turn to Kaitie, who motions the number three with her hands. “The third floor.” “Wonderful! Just message me and we can work out the details.” “I will” He kisses my cheek and gives me a smirk, walking out the door with others. We walk out the door and watch the boys leave. Harry turned around and winked at me as he rounded the corner out of sight. Kaitie turns and hits me on the shoulder. “Ouch!” I yelp. “What happened?” I begin to tell her all that Harry said as we head back to our hotel. “So you are going to watch movies with him tonight?” “Yeah, I guess” “Well you better text him and see.”