Status: updating c:

Love Like a Tidal Wave

ten.

Eliza’s P.O.V

That night after Make left Tony carried me to his room. I remember clinging to him like my life depended on it because right now it might have. I wanted to cry again but I just couldn’t. He laid me down on his bed and kissed me forehead. He sat on the edge of the bed for a while until finally deciding to lie down. He moved to the opposite side of the bed and soon I heard his soft snores.


It was 2 in the morning and I couldn’t sleep. All that was going through my head was how I was such a fuck up. May I shouldn’t be on this planet after all…

And that’s when I decided that. I went into Jonah’s room and just stood there. I muttered a silent ‘sorry’ before leaving.

I went into the bathroom and stood in front of the sink looking into the mirror. My eyes were puffy and my neck was bruised. I started to cry again but the tears never came. I pulled out my anxiety pills from behind the mirror and ran the water from the sink. To think that one person could make someone do this was unbelievable, but someone did. And the man I one loved and would do anything for, did this to me. He broke me. One after one I put them in my mouth. After about 11 I sank down to the cold tile floor. This wasn’t fast enough. If I wanted to die, I wanted to die quick. I took my razor from the bathtub and removed the blade. I didn’t even think about how this would affect Tony or Jonah before I put it to my wrist. But the one thing I knew was that I wanted this more than I wanted anything at the moment.

Once. Twice. Three times. And goodnight. But before I blacked out I managed to carve one word into my other arm.

Tony’s P.O.V

It was about 2 in the morning when I felt Eliza get up. She was probably going to the bathroom but when she didn’t return half an hour later I knew something was wrong and I prayed to God that what I thought wasn’t happening right now. I shot up and ran to the bathroom where I was left with a locked door. I ran into my room and found a bobby pin which I picked the door with. I took a breath before opening the door.

My whole world just came crashing down on me.

I fell to my knees crying, clutching the barely breathing girl in my hands. I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around her wrist to try to stop the bleeding but she cut so so deep. I dialed Mike’s number when a sleeping Mike answered. “Tony it is two in the fucking morning-“ He heard my crying and immediately said he was coming over. “Mike dial 911,” was what I said before my phone fell to the floor. I was shaking so hard.

I looked over her once more and she looked so pale. She was beautiful even like this. Why would she ever think this is the only option? I gasped when I saw was carved in her arm. “Sorry.” I kissed her head and not even 5 minutes later Mike and 2 paramedics were at my bathroom door. “Shit.” Mike helped me up while they picked Eliza up. “One can go with her.”

“Jonah oh my god Jonah.”

“Go with her I’ll take him and meet you there. It’s going to be fine.”

I put on my shoes and I was leaving to get in the ambulance I saw a crying Vic waiting outside. “You did this. It was your fault. She didn’t want this.” I punched him, without even thinking, straight in the face before getting in and leaving. I didn’t even look back because all I could think of was Eliza. I grabbed her ghostly pale hand and brought it to my lips kissing it lightly. “You’re going to be fine, she’s going to be fine right?”

“She lost a lot of blood and over dosed on pills and is not going into shock I don’t know if she’s going to be fine.”

When we pulled up to the hospital they ushered her out of the ambulance and took her to the operating room leaving me in the waiting room with thousands of questions.

Mike ran in with a still sleeping Jonah in his arms and a Vic with a bruised cheek and still bloody nose. All he was able to say was, “I’m sorry.”

I looked him dead in the eye and said, “So was Eliza when she was begging for you to stop. And so was Eliza when she carved that word into her arm. And so was I when I found her on the floor of the bathroom struggling to breathe with blood gushing from her wrist.”

Vic and Mike did nothing but look at me bug eyed with open mouths. “Bro you fucked up. And this time you might not be able to fix it.”

Vic went to the far end of the room and sat in the chairs. Mike and I sat down and laid Jonah on one of the couches. He was clutching a teddy bear and I thought to back when I was a child. Everything was so simple, until it wasn’t.

I wanted nothing more than to be by Eliza’s side right now.

The rest of the night was spent quiet. Around 5 in the morning Jaime came in with ‘Get Well’ balloons and a giant panda the size of Jonah, who was still sleeping. “How is she, Mike told me the minor details, what’s going on now though?”

Mike and I shook our head as Vic muffled another, “I’m sorry.”