Status: updating c:

Love Like a Tidal Wave

two.

“Eliza can you please help me feed Jonah he’s being fussy and wants his mother,” Tony yelled from downstairs. I quickly got up and brushed my teeth and hair and got dressed. I went down to meet Tony who had cereal in his Key Street hoodie and yogurt on his face. I looked to the small boy with Vic’s long brown hair and brown eyes who was innocently eating his cereal. “Uncle Tony wouldn’t give me Lucky Charms and only let me have Cherrios!” Jonah protested and looked at me with those big brown eyes. I rolled my eyes and he smiled and went on eating his breakfast.

Jonah reminded me so much of Vic. When he would laugh or smile I couldn’t help but smile too. Without a doubt anyone could see that he was Vic’s child if they were put next to each other. All of his physical characteristics were Vic’s. The hair, eyes and skin tone all resembled Vic.

“I’m leaving, I have a band meeting today at noon. Let me ask? Is there a reason you never care to ask about my band?” I stared at him blankly. Thoughts of Vic flooded through my head. I remember Vic used to play guitar and had the most beautiful voice, I didn’t want to remember, but I did. I wonder if he ever made it big. “I just don’t think it’s necessary,” I retorted. “Come watch us play, we have a gig tonight down town, and you could bring Jonah.” After an hour of arguing I gave in and he gave me a hug. “You know I love you Liz and I would do anything for you. I don’t want you hurt again.” I pecked his cheek and after he hugged Jonah he left.

I loved having Tony as my best friend. After my Aunt died, Tony helped me raise Jonah for years. He’s like a father to him and I couldn’t ask for more. Tony understood my situation and he would always help me with school work never daring to ask about the father. I would tell him and Jonah stories but I never mentioned his name, I didn’t think it was important considering I would probably never see him again.

But of course, like every moment in my fucked up life, I was wrong.