Status: Currently a work in progress.

The Magic Ward

Between the Cracks, Another World

A young fair skinned girl looks upon the falling snow outside her window. Her green eyes gaze out onto the forest squinting at every subtle movement. Her brown hair curves and twists around framing her face in an almost portrait like way. Her full lips pierce and pucker with every passing thought. Every so often she twirls with the bottom of her green shimmering tank top and pulls at her plain boxers that are rolled up to fit her small frame. She is nonexistent to the world around her, wiggling every so often on her window seat.

The dark wood in the log cabin makes every bit of her appearance extend into something almost magical. However, she just keeps staring out into the snow as if something will just appear, and then suddenly SLAM! She looks fast behind her to see a young man, tall, and rugged with middle length brown messy hair and amber eyes standing at the door way. "Jaedin, were have you been!?"

"Um, at work, sweety. Is this a trick Question?" he looks at her playfully and flashes a dazzling smirk.

She stands up looking at him angrily and rolls her eyes. "You know what I mean. You expect me to believe you were at work for nearly 2 days,"

Jaedin walked over to her and tried to hold her with his muscular arms, but she smacked them away, disgusted by his advance "Lyera, come on you know how bad the roads are around this time." he holds out his arms once more and gives her another one of his beautiful smiles, and this time Lyera lets him embrace her. "Now what did you make for dinner, sweety,"

"You’re such an asshole!" Lyera pushes him away and lets her fist come up into the air she could feel her fingertips tingling, a sensation that usually happens when she is excited or angry, and then she stops..."You fucking prick!" She lets her hand drop keeping it into a tight little fist. She turns around, not letting the man she loves see the tears pilling up in her eyes, and runs into her bedroom. Her face covered in tears, letting herself fall into the pillows, and she laid still.

Image


"Hello" a voice rang out, almost piercing in the silence of a nonexistent dream.

"Hello?" Lyera looked up, her eyes tried adjusting but there was nothing to see. Nothing was there no walls, no floor, no ceiling, just the dark.

"Lyera" the voice called out again. Somehow this familiarly beautiful voice knew she was there even in the darkness.

"What, is there something you need? Who are you?" Lyera was floating in this black sea of nothing. She wore a white dress that hung to her feet and moved gracefully with every jerk and pull of her body. "Hello?"

"Lyera… do you… remember yet?" the voice grew stronger. It echoed in Lyera's ears making it even more difficult to pick out any particular place this wonderfully calming voice was coming from, for it seemed like the voice was coming from everywhere.

Lyera tried to look at her surroundings once more, but only saw darkness once again. She could feel heavy pressure surrounding her body. Her voice became fainter as she tried to speak. Her cries for this voice to return only were recognizable as a whisper or a small moan. Her breath became shorter, she could feel her lungs gasping for air, but no air was there to be acquired...she began to panic.

Her body jerked more severely tussling her hair and dress around her, getting her caught, and making her unable to move...she could feel herself fading away from everything, from the dream, from the voice, from Jaedin. She could see it happening, but could do nothing about it. She gave one last flail with her ligaments.

Image


Lyera then gasped for air, holding herself up by her fragile arms. Looking down she could see her pillow drenched in her sweat. Her hair was draped around her neck and her blankets entangled her feet. She quickly pushed the blanket off of her feet and she fell back down into the pillow. About, to fall asleep she heard an unfamiliar voice coming from the kitchen. She sat up inching her way towards the door.

"Is she ready yet?” the deep, almost seductive male voice asked.

"Listen I can't rush these things" Jaedin said. Lyera could hear the tension in his voice. It shook almost at every syllable. This was strange; because even when he got into any type of argument he never stood down, was never afraid, and now you could hear the tension in his voice. Just because of a simple man.

"Well, you could help her at least remember her own spells!” the man yelled. His voice trembled with anger, and it made Lyera’s heart sink.

"She is almost..."Jaedin started to say meekly, his voice trembling yet again.

"Shhh," The man interrupted Jaedin. His voice sank into a smooth deep hush "we have company,” Lyera inched farther away from the door hoping the man wasn't talking about her. She kept moving back until she fell over her bed. Her body shook while she sat there waiting for a good time to go back and listen to the intense conversation again. She kept her eyes on the door. Her heart stopped pounding after a couple of minutes of watching and waiting.

She got up the courage to stand up on her own feet, but as soon as she did the door slammed open. Lyera let out a small scream, but she pulled herself together almost immediately. Her eyes glanced at the strange man. His eyes were harsh and yellow, like a snake, and he wore a green shimmering cloak while holding a staff about his height. The staff wasn't impressive in height, as was the man, but the design on the staff had intricate designs of almost a Celtic ancestry. Lyera almost laughed thinking that this short dwarfish man was the thing that scared her.

Lyera scowled and looked down at the man, who looked like a living breathing statuette from a medieval board game, and said "What are you doing barging into my room like that. Don't you know how rude that is,"

"Yes, my dear," He looked up smiling. The voice took her back, she could hear the seduction coming from this frigid old man, but it just didn't match his demeanor. Her thoughts became distracted and she had to look at this spindly old mans face just to keep her mind off of his voice. "But you were the one who barged into our conversation first,"

She stayed focused on the mans face. "How would you know what I was doing?"
The man laughed a sweet melody, and went straight back into the kitchen. Lyera ran after him infuriated that this disgusting creature could hypnotize her, but when she got to the doorway of her kitchen she could not move. The man burst into laughter and she could see his face being disfigured into something beautiful “Such a fool how is it that you're such a great spell maker, and you can't even see a spell that's right under your nose!!!! OH, how beautiful,” the man face got put back together into the bark shaped substance it was

“Since you can not talk I'll just tell you. My name is Rionnes. You are trapped by an entrapment spell. As you can tell by the name you’re not going anywhere, and sadly enough you aren't going to be in this world very long either. You are going back to where you were born. Back to where you are meant to be. Enjoy, “With that Rionnes waved his age ridden hand in front of his face and became a tall handsome white haired man. His voice matched his figure alright. Lean and graceful, his clothes fit to his body making him look like a prince of sorts.

He began to smile, his teeth perfect and his lips tightly placed over them made Lyera’s knees weak. His hands moved in a circular motion showing off a giant ring with jewels places upon the center of each talon covering the entire mans finger. “Bye," the man disappeared and Lyera began sinking into the floor of the doorway as if it were merely quick sand.

Lyera looked up at Jaedin confused and trying to understand the conversation she really barged into "Jaedin! Help me!" she yelled but Jaedin just stared at her coldly making no attempt to help. "Jaedin! Please," she could feel the floor surrounding her ankles. "Jaedin!" He just kept gazing at her his face making no emotion no twitch telling Lyera that he even cared.

Her heart fell, as if there was nothing to catch it. "Jaedin," her voice became weak and sobs of pain and sorrow wrinkled her brow. She could feel the floor hugging her hips squeezing her tightly, but she could feel her toes now free it seemed like they were dangling. "Jaedin," she sobbed "aren't you going to do something," Jaedin stared finally a twitch of sorrow, but he turned away hiding his pain

"I'm off to work now," Jaedin grabbed his coat, keeping his eyes away from hers; as if he was also crying "I will see you later. Don't wait up for me this time ok," he chuckled weakly and left leaving Lyera alone and terrified.

"Jaedin, you can't leave me here like this!" she began to feel the floor at her breast; her breath became shortened by the pressure. Able to move now she pushed up with her arms against the floor to get her out, but the floor began to take those as well until she pulled them successfully out and above her head in hopes Jaedin would grab them and save her. The floor clung to her shoulders now. She could feel her legs dangle in some unknown place. She tried stretching her feet to find ground but there was nothing. The floor rapped around her throat she tightened her lips and started to breathe out her nose just in time for the floor to consume her mouth as well. She breathed in deeply threw her nose and the floor rose above taking away her ability to breathe.

She began to wait now as the floor slowly let her sink she could feel it climbing her body more and more and releasing it as she went down. She could barely hold on to her breathe, but knew she had to, the floor has already released her shoulders, and she could feel herself dangling. Finally it uncovered her mouth and she took a long gasp for air.

It slowly released her head and now she was only being held by her arms able to see she looked at her unknown surroundings. She looked down and only saw darkness. It looked like she was hanging from a ceiling of some sort she could see giant cylinder columns in rows around her. She tried following them down looking for the floor but they just melted into the darkness as if to go on and on forever. now her hands were the only thing in the ceiling she felt her weight against her wrist and let out a small moan of pain. Her body sank more and her fingers were the only thing inside the ceiling she could feel them pop as her weight began to feel heavier and heavier.

Then suddenly her fingers slipped from the ceiling and Lyera was now falling. She tried looking at her surrounding more but now that the ceiling was out of sight she could only see columns, and after a couple of seconds of falling, she could see the floor coming faster and faster upon her. She clenched her body only to feel herself stop completely. She opened her eyes to see the floor not even 2 feet away. Then her whole body dropped onto the ground.
♠ ♠ ♠
Still needs editing. I am rubbish with correct English.