Status: In progress

When Darkness Falls...

Chapter 3

Randall’s POV

“did you get her file yet, Fungus?” I say.
“Y-yes, sir. Here it is: Rylie Mathews. Alissa’s older sister.” He says, handing over the file.

I look it over and pull out the card, sliding it and grabbing an empty scream tank and securing it to the cuff.

“S-sir?” Fugus says nervously.
“What, Fungus?” I sigh.
“Are you sure this is a good idea? If my calculations are correct, she’s 18. She might not be scared-“
“I’ll scare her Fungus. Believe me, I will.” I say, determination in my voice.
Fungus’ POV
I run to the side of the door and wait for Randall’s signal. He nods, turning into his monster form and I quickly open the door and he slips in, closing it behind him. I nervously wait, watching the tank.
“Be careful, boss.” I mutter.
Randall’s POV
I slide into the older girl’s bedroom, crawling along the wall to her bed. She’s left her lamp on, a book laying on her chest. I slowly get closer and inhale, about to roar when her eyes flutter open. I freeze. Well shit.

Rylie’s POV
I slowly open my eyes and come face to face with a large purple lizard staring at me.
I scream and it slowly backs up, holding the sides of its head.
“what the hell?!?!” I yell, grabbing the book on my chest and chuck it at it.
It hits it in the head and it falls back. I take the opportunity to jump out of bed and grab my bat. I smack him dead center on the top of his head and he disappears. I clench my teeth and watch the closet door. Sure enough it opens and shuts again. I quickly head over to it and bite my lip. Should I open it?

Fungus’ POV
The door opens and closes angrily and Randall appears, holding his head and muttering to himself. He’s back in human form.

“S-sir?” I ask nervously, walking over to him.
“That bitch!” he growls.
“What happened?”
“She hit me!”
“W-well, I had warned you.” I say. “her file was out of date. It still said she was 6. She shouldn’t have even been in the system. Plus, her monster was-“
“Just shut up and go get me some ice!” he growls.
“Y-yes sir!” I yelp, rushing off to get ice.

Randall’s POV
I can’t believe she hit me! I walked off to the locker room to see if I was bleeding. I better not have a bruise of my face.
Rylie’s POV
I took a deep breath and opened the closet door, expecting to find my clothes and shoes but instead I found something totally different.

“Who the hell put a fuckin’ factory in my closet?” I say to myself, stepping onto the cement floor, looking around.

The room was huge, with desks as far as I could see on the left, leading to an open corridor. On the right there were some more desks and a doorway with frosty glass like the type in some showers. I walked over to the desk and looked at the papers sitting on it.

“Monsters Inc?” I mutter to myself.

I noticed that the only other stuff in the room was my door, just the door, secured by two metal things, one with a yellow oxygen tank looking thing attached to it. I crouched by it, reading the text on it.
‘scream tank’ it read. It also had a thin red bar in the middle with a plus on the top and a minus on the bottom.

“That’s weird..” I say, looking around.

Suddenly I hear voices. I quickly hide behind a cart of yellow tanks.

“Get rid of that door, Fungus.” A voice says.
“Yes sir.” Another voice says “I’ll have another door ready for you right away.”
“Good.”

I see a guy with purple hair wearing a purple suit with a dark blue shirt and a younger guy with brown hair wearing glasses and a red jump suit with white boots appear. The purple haired guy sits down at the desk, holding an ice pack to his head while the guy in the red jumpsuit rushes off toward the open corridor. Purple dude sighs and looks through the folders.

“stupid kids…” he grumbles.

All of a sudden I hear a loud buzzing noise and lots of voices. A guy in a green jumpsuit with green hair that covers one eye walks over the purple dude.

“Hey, Randall! What happened to you??” he says, chuckling.

Purple dude (Randall I guess) glares and him.

“Go away Wazowski. Go bug Sullivan.” Randall replies.
“He’s in the locker rooms.” He replies, but leaves anyway.

The guy in the red jumpsuit, I couldn’t remember what Randall called him, returned with a stack of folders. He pushes a button on the keypad near my door and it detaches from the metal pieces and is lifted into the air, where it’s grabbed by metal pinchers and whisked away.
NO! I bite my lip from screaming.

“Did you trash her file?” Randall asks.
“Yes, sir.” Red jumpsuit guy replies, pulling a card out of a folder and scans it like a credit card. “it’s gone.”

A door comes down and is secured to the metal things again. Red jumpsuit guy unhooks the tank and sets it down next to the desk before coming towards me. My eyes widen and I try to scrunch myself down smaller so he wont see me. He grabs a tank and walks away. I breathe a sigh of relief and relax.

“Attention, everyone. All scare floors are now active.” A female voice says over the intercom

The lights go out and I squint until my eyes adjust.

When they do I wished they hadn’t.

Every ‘human’ in the room had been replaced by a gruesome, creepy monster. The only human figures left were boys and girls in jumpsuits. I bit into my hand, holding in a scream. The only light comes from above the doors and the bright red glow casts an eerie light on every single monster. I look at purple dude but instead I see the monster I saw in my house. My eyes widen and I gasp softly but it’s drowned out by a loud beep. All at once, the monsters go into the doors and child’s screams are heard.

An hour later, I’m still crouched behind the tanks and emotionally scarred. All the monsters have become their human selves again and left the room.

“Hey.”

I eep and turn around to see red jumpsuit guy.

“who are-“ he stops, eyes widening. “Randall!!”

He runs off towards a sign that says ‘men’s locker room’

Shit….
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments and suggestions appreciated! Criticism welcomed!! :D