Status: In progress

When Darkness Falls...

Chapter 5

Randall’s POV

My alarm goes off and I groan, flinging it across the room.
Ten minutes later, like always, Fungus comes into my room

“Randall. You overslept again. We are going to be-“ he’s cut off by his own yelp as I fling the nearest object at him.
“What’s up with him?” I hear a female voice say.
“Well, h-he’s not a morning person.” Fungus replies.

Oh yeah, I have that brat to deal with. I hear my door open more and someone walks in.

“Go away Fungus or I’m going to break both of your legs.”

I wait for his yelp and for him to scurry out of the room but frown when the footsteps advance.

“Ya’ know.” The brat says, sitting on my bed. “I think Fungus is a little afraid of you. I wonder why?”

I turn and glare at her.

“Get. Out. Now.” I growl, flipping onto my back.
“No.” she says simply. “Fungus said we are going to be late so..”

She grabs the ends of the blanket and rips them off of me. I smirk as I watch her face get as red as Fungus’ skin.

“I forgot to mention… I sleep naked.” I say simply

She bolts out of the room and slams the door as I laugh my ass off.
Well, I might as well get ready. I’m defiantly awake.

Fungus’ POV
As I set the table for breakfast, Rylie comes in, her face red.

“What’s wrong, Rylie?” I ask, walking over to feel her forehead. “Are you sick?”

She shakes her head and hides her face with her light brown hair. Randall comes out of his room, chuckling. Rylie tenses. He ruffles her hair and sits next to her.

“No, she’s not sick.” He says, chuckling again. “She decided to rip the blanket off my bed this morning.”
“Ohhhh…” I reply “Found out the hard way he sleeps nude? That’s rough. “

I hand her a mug of coffee and a plate of eggs. She mutters a thanks and eats. Randall just keeps chuckling as he drinks his coffee.
Rylie’s POV

After our awkward breakfast we have our awkward walk to the factory. We got whispers and stares but Randall ignored them. When the three of us got to the factory, no one really paid us any mind.

“Hey Fungus! Hey Randall!” a cheery voice calls.

We turn to see the boy in the green jumpsuit from yesterday.

“Hey Wazowski-ow!” Fungus said, rubbing his chest where Randall hit him.

The guy in the green jumpsuit ran over, spotting me.

“Hi! I’m Michael Wazowski! I’m an intern studying under Sully! You can call me Mikey.” he holds out his hand.

I shake it, smiling.

“I’m Rylie Mathews. You can just call me Rylie.” I reply.
“So are you Randall’s girlfriend?” he asks.

I grin and nod, thinking it’s the perfect time to get Randall back for this morning.

“Yep! That’s me! I just wanted to see where my Randy worked!” I said, pinching his cheek, making sure it was the bruised one.

He winced and gave me an evil look. Mikey grins and pats Randall on the back.

“Nice one! She’s cute!” he says. “well, I gotta go find Sully. See you guys later!”

He trots off to the locker rooms. Randall grabs my arm and pulls me off to the side.

“What was that about?!” he growled.
“Payback for this morning.” I say, grinning.

His eyes narrow and there’s a look of revenge in them. Uh oh.

“Alright, kid. I’ll play your game.” He says, grabbing my hand and interlacing our fingers.

I feel my face heat up and I look at Fungus for help but he shrugs and shakes his head.
I look up at Randall and he’s got a smug smile on his face.
Damn. I thought I was going to have the upper hand with that one…
Alright lizard boy, challenge accepted.

We walk into the room I came through yesterday, which I find out is called the scare floor. Randall leads me to the desk and plants me in a chair. He leans forward, getting in my face.

“Stay here and don’t move, kid.” He warns. “Or you WILL regret it.”

He straightens and turns to Fungus.

“Get me my folders.” He demands.

Fungus nods and scurries off. I fold my arms and lean back in the office type chair.

“You’re not very nice to him.”
“Well, he’s gotta learn that not all people are going to be nice just because his family’s got money and he’s got brains.” He replies. “Plus, he’s so paranoid that it drives me crazy.”

I just roll my eyes. Fungus comes back with four folders. He takes the one from the top and slides out the card and runs it through the credit card thing and a door is brought forward and secured. He grabs a tank and secures it, then waits by the side of the door.

A woman’s voice comes over the intercom.

“Attention all scarers and assistants: the scare floor is now active.”

A buzzer goes off and all the monsters turn into their true form and head through the doors.
I watch as Randall climbs up the side of the door and walks on the ceiling towards the kid’s bed and then the door shuts. A few minutes later I hear a scream and the red bar on the tank goes up. I shake my head. This is so wrong. Scaring kids for energy? I sigh. There’s got to be a better energy source they can use…
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments and suggestions are appreciated! Criticism is welcomed!! :D