Status: In progress

When Darkness Falls...

Chapter 7

Randall’s POV
Ten minutes after I knock my alarm to the floor, the door opens.

“Wake up, randall.” Rylie says.
“Let me sleep, Rylie.” I grumble.

I feel her grab the blanket.

“I thought we went over this: I sleep n-“ I suddenly find myself on the floor with my mattress ontop of me. I groan and shove it off of me and pull myself off the floor, wrapping a sheet around my waist.

“Did you REALLY just FLIP my MATTRESS?” I ask

She just looks at me innocently.

“Me??” she says in a dramatic vulnerable voice. “How could lil ol’ me flip that big ol’ mattress? Especially when your fat ass is laying on top of it like a dead slug.”

My eye twitches.

“You just called me a dead slug.” I pointed out,

She just grins.

“You’re going to get it, kid.” I warn, walking to my dresser. “And I don’t forget these kinds of things.”
“Good. Then maybe you won’t sleep in!” she retorts before skipping off to the kitchen.

Rylie’s POV
“Is he awake?” Fungus asked as I helped him set the table.
“yep.” I say, setting out plates.
“How did you get him up so quickly?” he asked.

Randall came out of his room, shooting a glare at me.
I just grin.

“You’re fixing my mattress when we get home.” He says, growling.
“what’d you do to his mattress?” Fungus asked.
“I flipped it.” I said, sitting down and taking a stack of pancakes.

They were an odd shade of greenish blue but I didn’t question them since Fungus made them.
I pour the blackish syrup on the table over them and take a bite.
They taste like almond and banana pancakes with a walnut syrup.

“These are good pancakes, Fungus.” I say around a mound of chewed pancake.

He grins.

“I thought you might.” He replied, blushing.

We finish up breakfast and head to the factory. Fungus and Randall talk about objects I don’t know and other job stuff so I zone out. When we get to the factory, Randall grabs my hand.

“What are you-“
“You’re my girlfriend, rememeber?” he says, smirking.

Damn, forgot about that….
We pass Mikey who seems to be flirting with a purple haired lady at the front desk.

“Does Mikey like that girl?” I ask, turning to Fungus.

He looks over and nods.

“yeah. He’s had a crush on her since we started our internship here.” He replies.

Randall leaves us and I make a dramatic scene of how I’m going to miss him and not to take too long, before Fungus and I make our way to their station. Fungus goes to get folders and I sit down and wait boredly till one of them comes back.

Mieky comes over to say good morning and we get talking.

“So, you and Fungus seem to be getting along.” He says out of the blue.

I blink.

“Yeah, he’s fun to mess with.” I reply.
“I’d be careful though. Randall seems to get a little jealous when you guys leave him out.”
“What?”

He shrugs as if to say: ‘Just warning you.’ And walks over to Sully
Fungus appears and sets up the first door for Randall. Randall comes back and I jump up, hugging him tightly around the waist.

“There you are Randy!” I squeal. “I missed you!”

He pats my back and then pulls me closer, into an actual hug before letting me go and smiling.
Well, now I’m confused…

Randall’s POV

I catch Sully’s eye and he just shakes his head. I glare and pull her tighter to me and then smiling at her before getting to work. She just looks at me confused but I ignore it. Stupid Sully

Rylie’s POV
After a while, I get bored and start looking through the desk. I find paper and a pencil and start doodling.
First I draw Randall, then him in monster form, then Fungus, then his monster form, then myself and pause. I wonder what I would look like as a monster? I start drawing and come up with a girl with a soft lion face and a wild lions mane. On her head are Ram’s horns and little lion’s ears poking out below them. I draw a human torso that melts into gazelle legs. I add shading and play with it till I’m happy.

“That’s really good, Rylie.” Fungus says, looking at it.

I turn it towards him so he can see them better.

“Thanks, Fungus!” I say grinning.

At lunch, Fungus helps me find foods I’d like and we sit down. We chat a little and finally I decide to ask them.

“So… when are we going to get me back home?” I ask.

Fungus and Randall look at each other and Fungus bites his lip.

“…What?” I ask, uneasy.

“Well, you see,” Fungus started. “I-I shredded your file…as well as your key card because it was out of date.” He said nervously. “You aren’t supposed to be in the system.”

“w-what?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments and suggestions are apprecitaed! Criticism welcomed!!

Shout outs to:

My lil sis Blond3_D!nosaur :D and Robbi the Ripper for commenting! :D