Always

Picture Perfect

Ten years. It's been ten years since he died. Ten years since Hogwarts found out that I was in love with him and that we were dating. Sure, it's been ten years since Potter defeated Voldemort but no one cares about that. Everyone only cares how Draco Malfoy and Fred Weasley were madly in love.

Next year our son Fred Malfoy Weasley Jr will be going to Hogwarts. I know Neville is now a teacher there now and he'll know right away who Fred Weasley Jr is. Without even knowing his name. Fred has my hair colour but everything else about Fred Jr is Fred. Today though, we were going to visit Fred's grave. The Weasley's were nice enough to let me have something engraved onto his tombstone so I chose the words, "How terrible it is to love something that death can touch." I'm not sure why I chose those words but they just felt right.

As we approached his grave, Fred Jr, stayed back with George. This happened every year. They allowed me to be alone for a few minutes before joining me at his grave. Kneeling on the ground, I talked to Fred through his grave about Fred Jr.

"Another year has gone by Freddy and I still miss you just as much. I miss your eyes, your smile, your laugh. Fred Jr is doing just fine. He's still getting in trouble at school. He's so much like you Freddy. Not only is he a caring and loving boy, he also likes to cause trouble. He's still a jokester too. Him and George are always pranking our families. Last Christmas he convinced George to make the Christmas dinner Molly made explode. Molly was furious but laughed it off. His laugh is just like yours. Melodic and extremely contagious. He'll be off to Hogwarts next year. I'm not all that worried really. I know you'll be by his side the entire time. You're always with us and sometimes, when I look up at the sky, I swear I can see you smiling down at us. I've never told anyone this Freddy but I'd give up my eyes just to see you once more. I would literally give all my fingertips to touch you. If I were blinded, I would try to paint you picture perfect. Even though I can't draw or paint to save my laugh." I chuckled slightly through my tears and looked over to see George and Fred JR were starting to make their way over here.

"Your death made me see how to live. I know that sounds terrible but it made me realize just how short life is and that I should live life to the fullest. Just like you did. I still love you Freddy. I've never stopped and I never will. I will always love you."

I finished speaking and stood up in time to have George and Fred Jr join me. I decided to move back some to give them some time and as I did I heard Fred Jr start to speak...

"Hi daddy..."

Angels fall
It's not your fault
Time goes on without you
Goodbye old friend
We'll meet again
Life goes on without you.