There's Perks to Being Me, I Suppose

August 26, 2006

August 26, 2006
Dear Friend,

Today marks the first day of college classes for me. It has been a few years since I wrote, I apologize. Things were not right with me. I am trying out new friends. I decided that at college I would not box myself into a certain group. I will still watch. I will still learn. I hope you are still interested in my letters. If you are not, I apologize. I want you to be. My life is okay right now.

My first class of the day was Natural Science. We learned nothing. I was giving a syllabus of seven pages. The last page set the due dates for every project. Mr. Brown told us we would have zero reminders of what was due. He would just expect it at the beginning of class. He seemed stressed. He had lines over his face. His posture was perfect, but his muscles were tense. His jaw clenched tightly as we read through the pages he typed for us.

My next class was just as boring. There was no work to do in any class. I think I was the only one who complained. My major is undeclared, at this point. But, I know what I want to do. I want to be a writer, for a psychology magazine. Does the brain not interest you? I hope it does. I hope that we still have things in common, though I do not know you. I know nothing about you. Things seem to be weird now. There seems to be a vibe I am not use to. I apologize.

I hope this letter finds you well. I hope you enjoyed the little information I gave you. I hope you still live at the address on the envelope. Because I do not want a stranger to read my life.

Love always,
Declan
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, this is going to be a different type of story for me. It's going to have a corresponding story of who I want this ship to be with, but, you guys won't know for a little while. :) And it is going to be a sickening love story eventually, so love me.

Also, you'll notice I use "Declan" instead of Alex, and that's because he's protecting himself from being found out.

Comment, please.