Status: Slowly active.

Show Me Your Teeth

a r r i v a l .

I had never expected to return to the place I had once called home - but even so, my back pressed against the seat of the taxi, watching the rain trickle down the windows as we made our way through town. And when I say we, I mean my pack and I. We were nothing but a couple of betas - once omega's who had been abandoned by our alpha - although he made the decision on whether or not we should follow him easy.

Aiden and his brother, Ethan, had been apart of my community in Florida for only a short period of time. The twins were adopted by a man no one on the lane knew very well, although the boys were certainly nice to look at. It was easy to tell from a distance that there was something off about the household. Being fifteen at the time meant that my curiosity was at a peak - I stupidly wandered into their backyard and caught not only the three usual bodies inside the house, but seven.

At a first glance, the situation seemed innocent enough - but the longer I stayed the worse it became. I saw things I shouldn't have - I learned a dark truth that only existed in movies and books. Watching the five adults in the room bare their claws and fangs at the twins cowering in the corner, watching them take the abuse as if it were nothing but I could see the look on their faces - they wanted out.

I guess after a few weeks they had gotten free somehow - their demeanor had changed and they held themselves better. It was only two days before his departure that I had confronted Aiden about what I knew - about what I had seen. He pulled the usual no one will believe you but it didn't matter. I had learned a few things about the twins that summer - Ethan was openly gay, Aiden took the most abuse and they were werewolves. I suppose I shouldn't have bothered telling Aiden about my knowing - it only caused more problems for myself.

At first, it seemed harmless - I could tell he wanted to kill me, that I wasn't supposed to know. I should've been collateral damage. He had meant to tear me into pieces, he hadn't meant for what I am now to happen, although there was noting he could've done about it - he hadn't stuck around long enough to ensure my death.

I had met my pack soon after they were gone - on the first full moon. I had killed innocent beings - my mother being one of the few lives I had taken that night and I had no one to blame but myself for getting involved. Talia was the oldest of the three of us - she was unimaginably beautiful and swift and was the first to find me in my monstrous state. Having no where to turn, I confided in her, taking our journey across the states to find her brother, Marcus. The three of us were betas - and Aiden had left us with no alpha to turn to in times of need. We've gone through hell and back over the course of the last two years, running from hunters and trying to keep ourselves stable.

The running was over - we found ourselves returning to a place at some point we had all called home and the yearning need to be in Beacon Hills was odd. I stepped out of the taxi, bag slung low over my shoulder as I looked up at the Marriott. "We could've done better." Marcus muttered, shoving past my shoulder to get a better look.

"It's what we can afford." Talia was working a new job as a criminal psychologist - seeing as she never really needed to worry about Marcus and I anymore. But work was scarce in these areas and we had to live on day-to-day basis. "And it's temporary."

I put a comforting hand on the womans shoulder, "It's fine." I whispered, leading her forward into the lobby. "Just ignore him."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The bell rang loudly within the room and from my seat in the far back, I watched as the students piled into the room. I kept my books in front of me - this was the first time in a few months where I've actually been able to attend school and I wasn't particularly excited. My attention was torn from the mindless humans to the two males who entered the room - ones who didn't smell like the humans. Obviously supernatural.

They seemed to notice me, too. Talia had been warned at there were others, but I hadn't taken into consideration that they might be students attending school. I kept my eyes glued to my desk as they sat on either side of me, eyes boring into me as I fiddled with my textbook, "Can I help you?" I muttered, clenching my jaw a little tighter.

"Who are you?" The shorter male said, brown eyes piercing as he looked over my features.

I scoffed, "Aren't you just the ball of the welcoming committee." The sarcasm dripped off my tongue as I cut my eyes to his quickly, "Naomi. Pleasure to meet you."

"Why are you here?" The second boy's voice was much softer as he leaned closer, trying to indulge himself into the conversation as if it were going to be interesting.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Educational purposes."

"Seriously."

My eyes rolled, already becoming bored with their lack of humor, "I came here with my pack, alright?" I said quietly, making sure no one could hear us. "I'm not some kind of threat, so you can back off a little. I'm just here looking for someone."

The brown eyed male furrowed his brows together, "Who?"

"A twin - he's probably tall and muscular and a total asshole." I licked my lips, lazily turning my head to face him, "So unless you've seen him, I'd appreciate it if you'd kindly fuck off."

The two males exchanged a series of looks, wearing matching expressions, "What do you want with Ethan and Aiden?" The second boy asked, folding his hands on his desk.

"So you do know them." I purred, crossing my ankles as my fingers rapped along the desk, "Personal business I need to take care of. Where can I find them?" It wasn't as if I were asking for test answers or bullying them into doing my homework, however I could see the hesitation that crossed over their features. Rolling my eyes once more, I rested my elbows on the desk as I prepared for an explanation. "I'm waiting."

"Look, we can't help you out."

I slammed my palms on the desk, glaring at the taller male, "Why the hell not?"

"We kind of.. owe Ethan for something."

I tilted my head to the side, pursing my lips tightly together, "Lucky for you, I need Aiden. I'm not here to pick a fight. I just need to talk to him."

Once again, I watched the two of them throw looks at each other, lips opening and closing several times before the brown eyed male looked at me and nodded once, "You can find him out by the bikes at lunch or in the library."

That was the last part of the conversation we were able to have as the teacher in the front demanded our attention. I smiled coyly to myself, idly playing with my sleeve as I mouthed 'thank you' to the shorter male, focusing my attention forward. I wasn't paying attention, but I was sure thinking of ways I was going to make my encounter with the alpha a good one.
♠ ♠ ♠
ugh so don't shoot me.
got the idea from rp on tumblr.