Status: i love you

Weightless

Chapter 1

ALEX’S POV

“Hey, Alex, wake up dude. We have an interview today. It’s 12:30. We gotta be there in 30 minutes,” I heard my best friend, Jack, say. He was shaking my shoulders trying to get me up. No. I was not getting out of this bunk. Not now. Not ever. I stayed up all night thinking about Lisa. How could she have done that to me? We dated for three years, and out of nowhere I get a text from her saying she slept with someone else and that it was over? I just didn’t understand. I mean, yeah sure, we got into a lot of arguments, but don’t all couples? We always made up no longer than four days later. We always promised that we would never cheat in our relationship. I thought she really meant it. I know I did. And then a text saying, “I slept with someone else, we’re over.” I’ve been trying to call and text her ever since, but as of last night, her number was disconnected. Awesome. That is just fucking fabulous. That text was sent two days ago and I haven’t moved from this bunk since then.

I grunted and pulled the covers over my head. Fuck that interview. “Alex seriously come on. You have to get up eventually, man. You can’t lay in this damn bunk forever.” Oh contraire. “Watch me,” I grumbled into the pillow. Jack sighed and pushed me further against the wall, climbing into the bunk with me. He laid beside me and out his hand on my back. It was no big deal. We had a pretty strong bromance and we usually found ourselves touching each other. He rubbed his hand soothingly up and down my back. “Alex, listen to me. There’s plenty of other people out there for you. You’ll find someone better, I promise. You shouldn’t want her after she slept with someone else.” He was usually joking about dicks or the Jalex crap fan girls are always on about, but when he needed to be serious, he could be. Sometimes. I turned over to face him and said, “But I do want her. That’s the problem. Now let me out, I have to piss.”

Jack rolled out of the bunk and I followed, heading to the bathroom to relieve myself. I stepped in the tiny bathroom and looked in the mirror. I looked like a homeless mess. I stripped down and stepped into the shower. When I was through, I combed through my hair and brushed my teeth. I didn’t even bother straightening my hair. What was the point? I stepped out of the bathroom without any clothes on. We’d all seen each other’s junk anyway so it didn’t really matter. I went to search for some fresh clothes. I started walking down the little space between bunks and digging for new clothes. I saw Jack sitting in his bunk under his Bro Hug blanket staring at his laptop screen, and he looked up at me and I swear I saw him blush. That was odd. He’s seen me naked before… oh well. Whatever. I pulled on a fresh pair of clothes and said, “C’mon. Let’s get to that stupid interview.”

But Jack just said, “I cancelled it” and went back to his computer. He’s was being really weird. I sat down on the bunk at his feet. I looked at him, but he was too distracted by his computer screen. I sat there for about ten minutes before my stomach started to growl. Finally, Jack looked up and said, “C’mon, I’ll make you some food.” He snapped his laptop shut and stood up, holding out a hand to pull me up. He started walking to the kitchen and said, “’Bout time you showered dude, you were stinking up the whole bus.”
Ah there’s the normal Jack.

JACK’S POV
I looked up from my computer and saw Alex standing there lacking all clothes, and I blushed. Hard. What the hell was wrong with me? I’d seen him naked before. He noticed me blushing and gave me a weird look, but then just shrugged it off. How long had I liked him now? A month? I don’t even know. I have never been into guys, and then bam! One morning I wake up and start to notice things about Alex I never noticed before. Like his smile, or how tight he wore his jeans, and how strong his arms look. And from that moment on, I guess you could call what I had for Alex, a major crush. I never wanted to not be really close to him. I wanted to touch him, even in the most innocent way, like rubbing his back when he was sad. We’ve always had a bromance, but now it meant more to me. But I knew it would never be anything but stupid games to Alex.

Even though it broke my heart to see him sulking around so much, I had to admit that I was kinda glad him and Lisa broke up. She was never good for him. She always made him feel like a bad person. And he was anything but a bad person. He was the most amazing person I knew, other than myself that is. I just really wanted to see him back to his old happy self. The person he was before he got involved with Lisa. I remember the way he used to smile. Oh God, it lit up the whole room. It was a genuine smile.

“C’mon. Let’s get to that stupid interview,” Alex said, suddenly snapping me out of my own thoughts. I glanced up at him and simply told him I cancelled it before I looked back down at my screen. I felt Alex sit at the bottom of the bed by my feet. We sat there for about ten minutes in silence. I was scrolling down twitter answering some random fans. A lot of people were asking what was up with Alex. I just responded to them with , “He just has a case of the blues”. A lot more fans were telling me how hard they ship me and Alex. I told them I shipped us pretty hard to. They would take it as a joke, but I knew it was the truth.

I heard a noise and I looked up and saw Alex looking at his stomach. I felt bad because he hadn’t eaten in two days and no one really offered him food. He must be starving to death. “C’mon I’ll make you some food,” I said, closing my laptop. I stood up and held my hand out to help him up, and started walking towards the kitchen, saying, “’Bout time you showered dude, you were stinking up the whole bus.”

I heard him laugh behind me.