Status: i love you

Weightless

Chapter 3

ALEX'S POV

Me and Jack were walking down the beach away from the others. I needed an explanation. You can't just almost kiss your best firend. "So... uhh... what happened last night.." I asked him quietly. He gave me a confused look. "What are you talking about?" What the hell does he think I'm talking about?! "Jack, you like started to lean in for a...kiss...." Jack thought for a second and replied, "Oh yeah, that. That was nothing. It obviously just a joke dude but I thought it was funny watching you panic so I didn't say anything." Oh. Okay. Cool Jack. Just look at me with feelings in your eyes, lean in for a kiss, then just blow it off like it's no big deal. I really just was not buying that story. But I didn't push it any further.

We kept walking down the beach for awhile, picking up seashells and throwing them at eachother. At one point, we decided to swim. I never really liked water all that much, so I stayed where the water was around my waist. Jack though, was way out, swimming and splashing like a maniac. There were other people in the beach now, but they were all older people and didn't bother with the ocean.

Jack headed towards me, only to grab my wrist and pull me out further. "No Jack, c'mon man let me go." Panic mode washed over me. I was struggling against him trying to pull away, but he wasn't giving up. Jack was much taller than me so when my feet left the ground he could still stand fine. I was thrashing around trying to get hin to let go. I could swim, but I chose not to.

Jack finally realised I was actually not okay and grabbed my other wrist and said, "Alex, calm down. I'm right here. I'm not gonna let anything happen." He was looking me dead in the eye. I stopped kicking and started breathing. "There you go. See? It's fine. Everything is fine." Jack said calmly. I looked up into his brown eyes. His skunk hair was dripping around his face and there were little water droplets falling of his eyelashes. And honestly, he looked so attractive. Is that normal? To think your guy best friend is attractive? A little weird. What the fuck Alex get it together.

And then came the look. The one from last night that made my stomach flip flop. "Jack! You're doing it again. It's the look from last night." Jack looked down and let go of my wrists, causing the panic to come back. I literally jumped onto him, wrapping my arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around me too, shushing me and telling me to breathe in my ear. His breath againat my ear sent chills all down my body, making me shudder. I pulled back and looked up at him. It was the look, again. I didn't even care this time though. Because I had the strongest urge to kiss him.

But I didn't have to, because he did it for me. Leaning forward and pressing our lips together lightly. And I didn't even feel weird. Shocked a little, at first but then I closed my eyes and melted into the kiss.

We pulled away and realization sunk into me. I jumped off him and swam back, not even caring about the water. I got to the beach and started running. What just happened?! I kissed Jack. I. Kissed. Jack. And liked it! No! This isn't even happening. No.. please let this be a dream.

I got to the bus and went inside grabbing a towel and drying myself a bit before getting into my bed and punching the wall causing my hand to bruise immediatley.

JACK'S POV

Oh great. Now me and Alex kissed and he ran. But he also kissed back. What the hell is going on? I got out of the water and ran after him. Where had he gone? I found Zack and Rian laying out on the beach with some random girls. They glanced up at me and just pointed to the bus. They must have seen him run back.

I ran up to the bus and walked in. Alex wasn't abywhere. I figured he was in his bunk. I went to his bunk and slid back the curtain. He was laying in there facing the wall. "Alex?" He sighed out the word, "what?". "Can I come in" I asked. He took a fee seconds to finally say, "I think you better not."

Now I've lost my best friend. That is wonderful. But he kissed back! Why is he acting like this if he kissed back? "Okay Alex. You kissed me back and then just took off? If you didn't want me to kiss you, you could have pushed me away. But you didn't. You kissed back. And now you're acting like a dick. Please just talk to me. I'm sorry I kissed you okay? I'm sorry... I just..."

Alex turned around and faced me. His hair was dry now and messy and he looked so hot. He also didn't have on a shirt, which made me blush a little.

"You just what, Jack," he asked me. I just wanted to push him against that wall and hold him in my arms and kiss him all day and run my fingers through his perfect hair play with his fingers. "I just...okay... maybe I might, maybe, kinda like you a little maybe?"I whispered.

He scooched over and patted the bed beside him, motioning for me to lay down beside him. I got up in the bed. We were facing eachother. I wanted to kiss him so bad. It was the best kiss I'd ever had. He noticed me looking at his lips.

"Jack, you're my best friend. And you just admitted feelings for me. Please just give me some time to think this through. Yeah, I kissed back and yeah, I didn't exactly hate it. But I'm so fucking confused. So if I act weird, just don't be too upset," he said. I guess I was glad he didn't flip out and hate me. And he said he he didn't hate the kiss! I grinned and nodded, then left his bunk to go back to the beach. I wonder what he meant when he said he may act different.