Status: i love you

Weightless

Chapter 6

JACK’S POV
I pushed Rian and Zack out of the way and walked over to Alex. It was obvious they didn’t know what to do when Alex was panicking. “Guys, get out of the bus. Give him some room,” I said calmly. They listened and turned and walked out, closing the door behind them. I kneeled down in front of Alex and pushed his hair out his face. “Alex, listen to me. Breathe. C’mon. In and out,” I said, motioning how to inhale and exhale with my hand. He closed his eyes and tried breathing normally. “Look at me, Alex,” I said, holding his hand. He opened his eyes and looked at me. His breathing was still crazy and he was still crying. I wiped the tears off of his face and wrapped my hand around the back of his neck, pressing our foreheads together. “It’s okay now. You just have to breathe now. Listen to my voice. Remember when we were in high school and your mom made us those awesome cookies? And even though we told her we were too old for cookies, as soon as she turned her back we devoured them like animals?” He laughed at the memory. His breathing was getting back to normal and he had stopped crying. “And when we would go to the bed stores just to see how long it took us to get kicked out,” I said , trying to calm him down even more. “We never lasted more than 20 minutes,” he said, so quietly I barely heard him.

“You okay?,” I asked him. He nodded his head, his forehead still pressed against mine. I wanted to kiss him, but I wasn’t exactly sure what had happened with Lisa. He looked at me and squeezed my hand, then patted the couch beside him. I got up and sat beside him. He crawled in my lap and curled up against my chest. I wrapped my arms around him and rested my chin on the top of his head. Any anger I had felt about him going to take Lisa back had vanished, because he felt so good in my arms.

“So what happened,” I asked him, rubbing his back. He removed his arms from around himself and snaked them around my waist, squeezing my tightly, before whispering, “Well, Lisa wanted me back but I told her no and she yelled at me and then I came back here and you weren’t here and I thought you thought I would take her back and that you were gonna hate me and then I thought you wouldn’t come back and I got scared.” Hearing him say that broke my heart. He was crying again, but not as bad as a few minutes ago.

I placed my finger under his chin and pushed up his face so he was looking at me. “Alex, I would never hate you, even if you had taken her back. And I thought maybe you had, but look. It’s okay because you didn’t. I promise you I will never hate you for anything, and I will never leave. I’m here and always will be, okay,” I said. He nodded his head, a new stream of tears starting. “No no no, don’t cry. Its okay, Alex don’t cry,” I said. My heart shattered when he cried. I used both of my thumbs to wipe the tears off his face, then cupped his face in my hands, staring into his perfect eyes.
_________________________________________________________________________________

ALEX’S POV
He wiped the tears from my face with his thumbs, then cupped my face in his hands, and looked me straight in the eyes, causing me to blush and my stomach to flip flop. He chuckled, then leaned forward and pressed our lips together. The kiss made the butterflies in my stomach a billion times worse. He moved his hand from my face and ran his fingers through my hair.

He suddenly deepened the kiss and rearranged us on the couch so that I was lying under him. I put my hands on his hips and pulled him closer. He moaned into the kiss, and bit my bottom lip gently, then detached our lips and started kissing along my jaw line, moving down to behind my ear and down my neck, to my collar bone. He bit my skin, then kissed it to soothe it. I was getting way too turned on. I ran my hands up his neck and tugged at his hair, pulling his lips back up to mine. I ran my hands up his shirt and gently scratched his back.

We were so into the kiss, that we didn’t notice the door to the bus open until we heard a drink hit the ground. We pulled apart and saw Zack and Rian standing there, both of their mouths hanging open. Zack’s hand was out, like he should be holding a drink, but he had dropped it. They looked back and forth between us, and we looked back and forth between them. Rian closed his mouth, then opened it again like he was about to say something, but then closed it again. “Uhh.. don’t you guys know how to fucking knock,” asked Jack. “Well we weren’t exactly expecting to walk in on you two having sex in here,” said Zack. “We were not having sex,” I said quietly, heat rushing to my face. “Well you guys might have well been! What the fuck is going on?! We just walked in on you two, fucking making out like there’s no tomorrow! Care to explain?!” Zack was shouting now, and I could feel the panic wash over me again. Jack noticed it, and sat us up, before getting up and telling everyone to calm down and quit yelling. He looked back and me and told me to stay calm and just breathe. I closed my eyes and started breathing, and already felt better. Jack came and sat beside me, and Rian and Zack sat on the floor, waiting for an explanation.

“Okay, so I’ll start from the beginning,” he started, but first he gave me look that asked if I was okay with them knowing the story. I nodded and sat back, closing my eyes. He started the story. “So around a month and a half ago, I started getting feelings for Alex. And I was really fucking confused. And then Lisa and Alex broke up, and I made a move on him. And he didn’t push me away. But then he wouldn’t talk to me for a week, because apparently I turned him gay. And then you guys locked us in the bathroom and we both figured out we have feelings for each other. And when Lisa came, I thought Alex would go back to her, and then he came back and I wasn’t here and then I was and then we made out,” Jack explained. It sounded like one big long sentence. He didn’t take a breath the whole time. I opened my eyes, and once again Zack and Rian’s mouth were hanging open.

Then, Zack smirked and said to Rian, “Dude, I told you they were gay for each other, you totally owe me ten bucks.” Rian reached into his pocket, grabbing a ten dollar bill and handing it to Zack. “Uh, so you guys don’t mind…or aren’t like.. grossed out by us or anything,” I asked. “No dude, of course not. You two are our best friends. We’ll support you guys no matter what. I mean yeah, it’s a little weird, but we’ll get used to it. No big deal at all. We always sort of new it would happen anyway,” said Rian. I felt like 10, 000 bricks had just been lifted off my shoulders. I looked over at Jack and he was sitting there staring at me grinning from ear to ear. He looked so cute. He looked like a child who found out that they could get a new pet. “You guys rock, you know that,” he said to them, but still staring at me. His hair was a mess, and his shirt was twisted a little and I swear I wanted to be with him forever. And I could call him mine.

I guess we’d both been giving each other an intimate look because Zack and Rian cleared their throats. Jack, still staring at me and slowly scooting closer, said, “Guys, go to the beach or something so we can finish what we started.” They did not have to be told twice. I don’t think I’ve ever seen them move that fast. And as soon as the door shut, Jack was back on top of me me, attacking my lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey ily