Status: i love you

Weightless

Chapter 7

ALEX’S POV
It had been one week since coming out to the guys. They had been really cool about everything. Of course they would scrunch their nose and let out the occasional “Ew” when we slipped and kissed in front of them, but that was to be expected. They were only teasing. I was really happy, which I hadn’t been in a few years. Jack meant so much to me. Even though we had only been official for a week, we were extremely close. We spent every waking hour together.

I guess I’d done pretty good coming to conclusions about my sexuality. I still thought girls were attractive, and I guess the only guy I really found attractive was Jack. Occasionally, I would see a guy that I would think he looked handsome, but nothing compared to the way I looked at Jack. He was the most perfect human in the whole entire world.

“Hey babe,” said Jack, plopping down on the couch beside me. I instantly closed the space between us and he wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head. “You wanna hang out at the beach today?” he asked me. After we had given our concert, we had a few weeks off and we all decided to stay on that beach because it was basically deserted. “Uhh maybe a little later? Can we just hang out here for a little bit?” I asked him. “Yeah, but what are we gonna do here for a little bit?” he asked me, winking. I pushed him off of me and said, “You’re a perv, Jack. Let’s just hang out like we used to when were kids.” Jack’s eyes lit up at the thought.

When we were teenagers, we would stay inside on perfectly sunny days, and go cause trouble on rainy and stormy days. We weren’t your average pair of friends. When inside, we would build mansions out of legos and watch comedy movies and put on music and dance like fools. We were never bored when we hung out together. I was smiling like an idiot while I thought about the two us and our fun times together. I stood up and turned on the stereo, and blasted Green Day. Zack and Rian were at the beach as usual, so we had the bus to ourselves.

I started dancing around the little living area like crazy. I stopped only for a moment to grab Jack’s hands and pull him up, so he could dance with me. We danced around for 45 minutes, before Jack spun me around and on to the couch, laying me down and climbing on top of me. 21 Guns was playing on through the stereo. Jack rubbed our noses together before kissing me. I smiled into the kiss which made him laugh. He pulled away and pushed my hair away from face. “Do you know how extremely sexy you are?” he asked me. I started to blush and he gave me an “awe you’re so adorable” look. Whenever Jack told me I was attractive, I believed him. Plenty of people had told me before how good looking I was, but I never believed them. Jack though, I believed. I never thought I was super ugly, I just never thought of myself as attractive.

We were laying there smiling at each other when the bus door flew open. Zack and Rian walked in and when they saw us, and shielded their eyes. “We really gotta start knocking,” Rian said. Me and Jack sat up and Jack said, “We weren’t doing anything but laying there, but yes, please start knocking.” They took their hands off their face and Zack went to the kitchen to get more beer. “Guys come hang at the beach with us, get out of this damn bus for once, get some fresh air,” said Rian. Jack looked at me and I nodded. Zack filled up a cooler full of beers and we all four headed to the beach.

--

We spent the day swimming and playing football and volleyball and building really shitty sand castles and laughing. I was and amazing day to say the least and I was glad we hadn’t decided to stay in. I had really missed hanging out with Zack and Rian, and I could tell Jack was thinking the same thing.We were all playing an extremely intense game of Frisbee when the sun started setting, me and Jack losing miserably. We decided to call it quits and build a fire.

Once we got the fire built, we sat around it drinking beers and singing loudly while Jack played guitar. We weren’t singing too seriously, just messing around. We sang country music as a joke, singing what little lyrics we knew, laughing hysterically. We’d probably all had a few too many beers. Jack put the guitar up and ran up to the bus. I wondered where he was going, but figured he just had to piss. He came back a few moments later with blankets in his arms. I hadn’t noticed how cold it had gotten until I saw the blankets. He threw a couple to Rian and Zack and then plopped down next to me on the sand, wrapping the blanket around us.

Everything had gotten really quiet, with only the sound of the fire crackling and the ocean waves. We looked over at Zack and Rian and they were both lying down asleep. Jack wrapped his arm around my waste and pulled me down with him. After we laid down, he pulled me close to him and I rested my head on his chest. The fire had started to die down and it was getting darker by the minute without the fire burning. I looked up at the sky and almost gasped at how close the stars looked. How did I not notice them before tonight? Jack noticed me look up and followed the direction of my eyes. When he saw the stars, he breathed out the word, “wow.”

We laid there for a while in silence just staring at the stars and listening to the ocean. I had started to drift off the sleep when I heard Jack say my name. I moved my head over to his shoulder so I could look at him through half closed eyes. “Yeah?” I whispered. He looked at me for a few minutes and then finally whispered, “I love you.” My heart sped up and I smiled at him from ear to ear. I don’t know if it was the alcohol speaking or not, but I looked at him in the eyes, and whispered, “I love you, too.” And then, we both closed our eyes and drifted off to sleep on the beach, keeping each other warm.
♠ ♠ ♠
i know its short but whatever. it was freckin sweet