Sequel: Zombies
Status: Just doing my best

Hogwarts

Day 1: Hogwarts

Alex Gaskarth stared into the sky and focused. He had to do this. For Ravenclaw. One more win and they'd be tied with Gryfindor for the house cup.

Even more than that he had to beat Jack Barakat, the Hufflepuff seeker . That cocky fool. Alex had no idea how he was in the apparently sweet house when Alex was positive he was pure stupidity. Alex couldn't remember hating someone so much.

Alex reminded himself that he was there to win not think about his never ending hatred for Jack. But where was that golden sphere that would promise them their victory. He peered into the stadium. Then he saw it. The golden snitch. He started to fly.

"And Ravenclaws seeker seems to have found something. But wait Hufflepuffs seeker also sees it." Lee Jordan said into the microphone.

No! Alex said to himself. Jack wouldn't beat him. He flew as fast as he could towards the golden spot in the air, his hair getting all messed up. He was almost there.

Then he saw Jack, looking cocky as he sped towards the snitch. His stupid grin growing as he grabbed for the snitch. Alex stretched his hand out. Just then the snitch moved just a slightest bit and missed the snitch by just a inch. It was right next to his hand!

The snitch just stood there tauntingly. Jack tried again.

Alex couldn't let him win. As Jacks hand started to touch the snitch Alex grabbed the air where it was with both of his hands. He started to lose balance. He slowly started to fall.

Grabbing desperately whatever he could to stop his fall he grabbed Jacks sleeve. Alex slowly tumbled to the ground towing Jack with him. Jack was yelling profanities. He unintentionally grabbed Alexs wrist needed something to hold. They slowly fell to the ground. The crowds were cheering at Hufflepuffs victory.

Alex found himself lying on his back on the ground with awful Jack Barakat lying next to him holding his hand. Alex frowning and yanked his hand away from Jack. His back hurt from the fall, even if it wasn't too high, and worse they lost. He lost to stupid Jack Barakat.

"Get off me!" He yelled at Jack.

"Sore loser much Gaskarth?" Jack asked tauntingly.

"Well maybe the fact you were hugging my arm like a two year old was interrupting me!" Alex retorted.

"Oh yeah thanks for making me fall." Jack said sarcastically.

"Well maybe if you hadn't stolen my snitch I wouldn't have fallen."

"Yeah you would. You can barely fly. How you're on the team is a perfect mystery." Jack said snidely.

"Or maybe you're so dense you can't understand it. It's beyond the capacity of your mind." Alex retorted.

He was sick of stupid Jack Barakat. He stood up ignoring the pain in his back and walked away.

Jack stood up and stared at Alex walking away. His team mates congratulated him on his win. He barely heard them too busy thinking about Alex.

From the moment Alex had stepped into Hogwarts Jack had a crush on him. His messy brown hair, sweet brown eyes, how excited he was to learn. Despite the fact he came from a muggleborn family Alex was extremely talented. He wished they could have something.

But Alex hated him from the start. Now they couldn't not fight. Endless arguments and duels accompanied them.

He brushed away thoughts of Alex as they celebrated the victory. At lunch Jack sat with his friends at the Hufflepuff table he had a clear view of Alex in the Ravenclaw table. He still looked sad about todays loss. Alex was barely eating, playing with the food, hair covering one of his eyes and sad expression.

Jack felt guilt. It was his fault Alex had lost. Even if he'd won it wasn't fair to steal Alexs snitch. It was wrong. Their victory suddenly felt dirty, unjust.

Jack decided he could at least apologize. It was the only right thing to do, and hey he'd get to talk to Alex. He waited until Alex left the table and walked after him outside the great hall.

"What do you want Barakat? Here to gloat?" Alex asked.

"No actually I wanted to say I'm sorry for stealing your snitch. It wasn't right and I'm sorry." Jack said looking into Alex's cinnamon eyes.

"Wait what? Jack Barakat actually apologizing?" Alex said coldly.

"It was wrong so yes I'm apologizing." Jack answered.

Alex looked surprised but then said "Well then I'm sorry for making you fall with me."

"It's ok. I mean it was kind of fun." Jack joked.

Alex couldn't believe Jack was apologizing. Jack was actually apologizing. Jack was actually making jokes with him.

"We should do it again sometime." Alex answered jokingly.

"Never had so much fun in my life." Jack answered.

Alex was still surprised by the turn of events. Jack and him hated each other for the past 6 years. Why has anything changed? Suddenly Jack apologizes and jokes with him. Truth was Alex kind of liked it. The Jack that was in front of him was really sweet.

"Since when are you so nice?" Alex asked.

"What do you mean?" Jack frowned. "I'm always nice!" He said with a air of his old cockiness.

"I'm serious."

"Well I felt bad about today. And I kind of have something to say."

"Well?" Alex asked.

"I'm sorry for everything that happened with us through the years. I'd like us to be friends." Alex blinked for a few times.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes."

"Well if you'll be like this all the time sure." Alex smiled. "Wanna go to hogsmead next week?" Alex asked.

"Sure!" Jack was excited. But he couldn't help but feel angry at himself. He was so close to admitting his crush but he chickened out.

As Alex turned to walk away Jack called out "I want us to be more than friends." Then he waited anxiously for Alex reply.

"Well we'll see." Alex winked mischievously. Well it was a beginning. Jack was overjoyed.

And that was how their relationship started. 
♠ ♠ ♠
So day 1 is complete. Enjoy!