The Start

Chapter 1

There was only one thing that annoyed Tony more than anything, and it was Fuenciado. Everyone always talked about it, even their friends, and because of that, no one had ever noticed that Tony was in love with Jaime. He didn’t know how to tell anyone about this and he didn’t think he ever would. Everyone was too busy ‘shipping’ Fuenciado, so why would he even bother trying to explain his feelings towards the bassist of his band? He sighed loudly and started turning in his bed. This would be another sleepless night thinking of a way to have Jaime all for himself. He hated how the guy he was in love with seemed so in love with the singer of their band, Vic. He hated how everyone was always suggesting they date in order to make Fuenciado real. He hated how both Jaime and Vic were acting gay and in love on stage or during interviews, while he was sitting here unsure what to do or say because he was in love with a man who would never notice him because of some game he had to play for the fans. Tony turned once more, trying his hardest to fall asleep. Nothing really made sense in his mind. On the one hand he wanted to tell Jaime about everything, but on the other hand he didn’t want to because he was scared to ruin their friendship. He closed his eyes tight. Also he could see was the young Mexican man he loved so much. Tony smiled softly at his daydream and focused more on it. He could hear his laugh and see his wonderful goofy smile. And that’s how the young man finally peacefully fell asleep: thinking about the guy he loved more than anything.
Tony woke up in the middle of the afternoon, late for band practice. He had never been a punctual guy, but he knew how much his band mates hated it when he was late. He got out of bed, took a quick shower and dressed up as fast as could before heading to where he was supposed to meet his band. When he arrived, he immediately started looking for Jaime. No matter how painful loving him was, seeing him never failed at making Tony a bit happier. Unfortunately, the other man wasn’t there yet and neither was Vic. Tony sighed and faked a smile when Mike greeted him. He had a feeling that Jaime and Vic were together at this moment and he didn’t like that at all, to say the least.
“Hey,” he said shyly. “I thought I was late but apparently Jaime and Vic are later than I am.”
“Well, they’re on their way,” Mike replied softly. “My brother told me they had something important to tell us and they had to like, uh, get ready for that before coming.”
Tony faked another smile at Mike. This news weren’t making him happy at all. Why the hell would Jaime and Vic have to get ready before telling them something? And what did they have to say? Tony sighed quietly and sat in the corner, tuning his guitar. He didn’t want to talk to Mike before knowing what was going on.
A few minutes later, the two other guys finally showed up. Tony’s face lit up slightly as soon as he saw the man he was in love with. Unfortunately, the feeling didn’t last more than the first thirty seconds of Jaime’s presence in the room when he noticed that Vic was holding his hand. They didn’t have to make their announcement anymore. Tony had understood what was going on. Fuenciado had finally become a thing. At that very moment, Tony knew that his life would become a living hell. He knew that no one would ever be able to understand him. But the worst thing about it was that he knew that Jaime would never be his boyfriend. He didn’t know what to do anymore. He wanted to runaway, to escape the couple’s happiness, but he couldn’t because didn’t want to leave his band. He bit his lip and tried to hold back his tears as hard as he could. Mike’s voice snapped him out of his thoughts:
“So you guys had to tell us something?”
“Huh uh,” Vic said with a huge grin on his face, nodding gently. “Jaime and I… We…”
Tony couldn’t handle it anymore. This was the worst thing that could’ve happen. He was happy for Jaime and Vic but this made him sad nevertheless. He waited for the end of Vic’s announcement to run to the bathroom. He locked himself inside, fell down onto the floor and broke down. He hated everything about his life at that point. He knew he wouldn’t be able to make it throughout band practice so he made up an excuse before getting out of the bathroom.
“I’m sorry, guys,” Tony said weakly, trying to act sick. “I really think I’m sick and I think it’d be better if I stayed in bed. I’ll catch up with y’all later, alright?”
Everyone nodded and told him to take care and to feel better soon. Tony left and climbed into his car. He turned his phone off and started his car. He had no idea where he was going, but he didn’t want to stay in San Diego or to lock himself in his house. He just wanted to escape his life for a while. He started driving and God only knew where this would lead him.