The Start

Chapter 5

Tony had never driven that fast, but he didn’t care. The only thing that mattered to him at that point was Jaime and what he had to tell him. He wasn’t quite sure of what would happen but he was hoping that it’d be good. He parked his car next to his house and walked to his door, staring at the Mexican man who was standing in front of it the whole time. He was starting to feel nervous and he could feel it throughout his body. He took a deep breathed and greeted Jaime with a small smile. It wasn’t a real smile though. He was simply trying to convince the other man that he fine, although he really wasn’t. Jaime smiled back and Tony unlocked his door, inviting his friend – or whatever Jaime truly was to him – inside. Tony could feel that Jaime was as nervous as he was, if not more and all his hopes immediately decreased. The other man couldn’t feel nervous if he didn’t have to hurt him again. That just didn’t make sense in Tony’s mind. He ignored his thoughts and told Jaime to sit down on the couch while he was getting them coffee. He then sat next to him, handing him his cup. The two men were facing each other silently, which made everything awkward. They both knew they’d have to start talking at some point, but none of them wanted to. They were simply scared of what the other would say. The tattooed man sipped at his coffee noisily which made Jaime chuckle softly. Tony pouted childishly at him and the other man giggled softly.
“You’re so cute,” he finally said, smiling at him.
Tony blushed. He didn’t know what to answer, but these words really made him happy, especially since they came from Jaime’s mouth. Jaime shuffled closer to him and wrapped his arms around his middle, burying his face in his tattooed neck. He was surprised Tony wrapped his arms around his neck instead of pushing him away, but he felt relieved at the same time. That probably meant that he didn’t hate him in spite of what he did, which was a great thing for Jaime. The remained like this until Jaime pulled away, clearing his throat loudly. He didn’t know how to start, but he had a lot of things to say and he was determined to say them all this time. He wouldn’t lie to Tony anymore or to himself.
“I’m sorry,” he started, “I know it’s hard to believe regarding what I did to you but I genuinely am. I mean it. I really thought I was doing the right thing at first. I swear I was only willing to make everyone happy. I didn’t realize what I was doing, believe it or not. But there was something else that I wasn’t realizing.”
Tony was staring at him as he was speaking. He was trying to keep his face emotionless so as to not let Jaime know about how he felt before he started talking. Yet, he just wanted to smile and to tell him that he was forgiving because of what he had just said. He didn’t really care whether he was really sorry or not, he just couldn’t be mad at him no matter what he did. That was what love was doing to him. Jaime had stopped talking and Tony was dying to know what else he had to tell him because he knew he wasn’t done. He couldn’t just tell him that he wasn’t realizing something without explaining him what it was. Once again, that didn’t make any sense.
“What is it?” Tony asked, giving his friend a confused look.
“I didn’t realize that I had been falling in love with you for a while. It started before Vic and I got together, to be honest. I guess I had just been ignoring it because you’re not the kind of guy who shows his feelings and I was just scared by the thought of you rejecting me. And then this whole thing with Vic happened and it… Got out of control, I guess. But I really like you a lot, and I’m willing to break up with Vic to start something with you. I won’t cheat on you like I cheated on Vic. I promise.”
“I like you a lot, too,” Tony replied, truly confused by what Jaime had just said to him. “I really, really do. And you’re already forgiven for what you did. I trust you. I just know I can trust you.”
Jaime leaned in to kiss Tony’s lips gently, pulling him onto his lap. I truly meant everything he’d just said and I didn’t want to hurt Tony again, no matter what would happen in the future. He just wanted to be the best for him and to make him happy because he honestly believed that Tony deserved to be the happiest man alive. The other man couldn’t believe what was happening to him. It felt like the first time they kissed and he was scared to be hurt again. On the other hand, he wanted to trust Jaime. This wouldn’t work if he didn’t trust him and what he wanted the most was for things to work between them. He was ready to do anything for that. They were kissing each other passionately and they both were feeling things were starting to get out of hand, but they didn’t want to make the same mistake as last time so they just pulled away and cuddled. Jaime had to break up with Vic and Tony wouldn’t let him have sex with him again before this would be done. He had done this once, and this had almost killed him. Jaime closed his eyes and nuzzled Tony’s hair, breathing in his scent. It just felt better than when he was with Vic earlier. Holding Tony close to him actually felt right and he wouldn’t leave him for anything in the world. Tony looked up at him, biting his bottom lip. Jaime nodded and ran his hand along his boyfriend’s arm before reaching for his phone, which was in his pocket. He got it out and looked the screen, sighing. Vic had been trying to call him the whole time. He knew he would hurt him, but he didn’t have the choice anymore. He wanted to be with Tony more than anything. Tony nudged his side and Jaime nodded again before calling Vic. Breaking up on the phone was a shitty thing to do, and Jaime knew it, but he wanted to fix things right away. Tony kissed his cheek and held his hand, squeezing it softly while giving him an encouraging look. Vic finally picked up:
“Where the hell are you? I’m so fucking worried,” he yelled.
“Listen Vic, we really have to talk.”
Tony couldn’t help but smile. Jaime was about to be his and no one else’s, and nothing could really make him happier. He started nuzzling his new boyfriend’s neck, listening to him as he was explaining Vic everything that had happened since the last time they met for band practice. He felt a bit bad for Vic somehow, because he knew he’d be hurt because Jaime wouldn’t be his boyfriend anymore, but that couldn’t take over his happiness. Nothing would really do such a thing at that moment. After a few minutes, Jaime finally hung up and smiled widely at Tony who smiled back.
“I’m yours,” Jaime mouthed into his ear before kissing the corner of his mouth.
Tony giggled and played with Jaime’s hair, sighing happily. The two Mexican men felt like nothing would ever tear them apart, and this was one of the best feelings in the whole world. Tony was sort of worried about Vic though, so he started talking, sort of ruining their moment:
“Is he okay?”
“Yeah, he said he understands and he saw it coming. He even told me that he wasn’t even sad because he felt like he didn’t really love me that way, so I guess he’s really fine. No one will ever take me away from my little turtle now,” he finally said, looking at Tony fondly.
Tony flushed red as he heard his nickname. Everything was perfect now and no one could ruin this. He was Jaime’s and Jaime was his, and even if he wasn’t sure that their relationship would last forever he was convinced that things would stay the way they were at that very moment for a while. Now that everything was okay and that things had started making sense again in his mind, he was feeling exhausted. He looked at the man who now was his boyfriend and yawned. He then asked him if he wanted to stay with him for the night. Jaime nodded and smiled before telling him that he should go to bed now and that he’d join him in a few minutes because he had something to give him but he had forgotten it in his car. They both got up and headed to different directions, knowing that they’d been together again in a very short amount of time. Tony got in his bedroom, stripped down to his boxers and slipped under his sheets. He wanted to see what Jaime had to give him, but he was so tired that he fell asleep before Jaime came back. Jaime opened the door and shut it behind him silently.
“Hey baby,” he whispered.
The only he reply he got was the silence and he understood that the man he loved was sleeping peacefully. He therefore put the little turtle stuffed toy he had bought for him in Tony’s arms and smiled when he saw him wrapping his arms around it in his sleep.
“That’s for my baby turtle,” he breathed as he was sliding himself under the sheets and wrapping his arms around Tony, holding him close to him.
It didn’t take long until Jaime finally fall asleep as well; his mind filled with thoughts about how bright his future with Tony would be.