The Start

Final chapter

“Oh c’mon you guys! We get it. You’re dating and you’re oh so in love with each other, but it’s time to play that fucking show!” Vic said, teasing the couple who was still making out backstage.
Tony hid his face in Jaime’s neck, giggling softly. He had never been happier in his whole life. He was dating the man he had always loved, and this time, things were working out. Vic wasn’t even trying to tear them apart anymore. It all felt perfect, and both Tony and Jaime were enjoying every single moment of the perfect thing they had together. Jaime kissed his boyfriend’s forehead and smiled softly before looking at him. His eyes were telling Tony that they really had to get on stage now, but the fact that he winked at him before taking his hand allowed Tony to know that he had planned something for them tonight. Tony got on stage with a wide smile on his face. He was ready to play that show and to make it perfect.
Tonight’s set list was different from the other nights, and everyone except Tony knew why. He hadn’t asked any questions about it, though. As long as they were playing these shows for their fans, Tony was fine with any song the other guys wanted to play. They eventually started playing The New National Anthem, which was the last song for tonight. Tony was giving his best, looking at Jaime who was sweating and smiling at him each time their eyes crossed one another’s.
“And if I ever catch the ones who hurt you I, I’m hoping that God looks away this time,” Vic was singing.
That’s when Tony looked at Jaime to see him pointing at him. Tony’s smile got wider than it previously was. Jaime was walking up to him, and Tony wasn’t sure to understand what was going on anymore. Jaime wrapped his arms around his boyfriend’s neck and started singing the next line of the song:
“Why would I let you go?”
No one was playing anything anymore. The fans were cheering and waiting for what would come next. Vic was smiling, looking at Jaime and Tony and so was Mike. Jaime eventually let go of his boyfriend, walked up to the microphone and started talking:
“You see this guy right here? That perfect guy who loves turtles and Star Wars? Well, I’m in love with that guy. And I swear that if anybody ever hurts him, I’ll find them. I swear that I’ll always be faithful to him. I swear that I will always love him with all my heart.”
Jaime made a few steps back to where Tony was standing. They both were about to cry, but this was out of happiness. Jaime leaned in to kiss Tony’s lips softly. Everyone was clapping, even Vic. Everything was the way it should have always been, and both Tony and Jaime knew that their love for each other was real, and that it would last for a very long time, if it didn’t last forever.