The Short, Little, Love Story

her and him

she looked at her reflection in the mirror hanging on her bedroom wall, wishing she had a boy to tell her she was beautiful, a boy to ask her to the prom. The prom, four days. Still, none of the blys ha asked her, or had the guts to anyway. Her mates all had someone, most people did. There were just a few, and she was one of them.
She sighed and sat on her comfy double bed and felt her phone vibrate. She picked it up. It was from Daisy, one of her mates:
HEY! GOING TO LONDON LATER, PROM DRESS SHOPPING. YOU COMING? XXCCXXXXZXXX

She smiled. Daisy reckoned Ruby should ask Harry, the cute new boy to the prom.
"The boys ask the girls though, dummy!" Ruby would say.
"Well. If you want a date, you'd better hurry. Four days."

Ruby ignored the text. Partly because she didnt want to go to the prom, partly because Daisy was shit at typing kisses. She always ended up pressing z and c aswell as x. It was annoying. She stood up and looked at a letter from school, the invitation to the prom.
Please come with a date.
Shut up!!! She thought, trying to take her mind off the prom.
"Ruby, get up! Its eight o'clock and if you want to go shopping with daisy and whoever else is going, hurry up and get ready!!!" Her mum called.
"Uughh. Theres no point though. Nobodys going to ask me to the fucking prom." Ruby calles back
"Language! You can still go cant you?"
Then there was a knock at the door.
"You get it Ru. I'm feeding the cat."
Ruby ran down the stairs and opened the door.
She gasped, "HARRY!"
"Woah... Ruby. Look, I heard youve got nobody to go prom with and..."
"Your asking me?!" Ruby whispered
"Yeah. So would you go to the prom with me?" Harry whispered back.
Ruby nodded, lost for words.
"And something else... I'm not even a student."
"Um.."
"I'm in this band and I decided to get away for a while." Harry told her.
"You...what?"
"I gotta go... Bye!" Harry said, and ran off.
"Mum I'm going to London!" Ruby said, after closing the door.
"Okay, tell Daisy then!"
"I have."
Five hours later, the two girls had found their dresses and were heading back.
"So.. You going to prom with Harry and youve never even spoken to him... Good one...." Daisy said
"Oh my god. How gay are you?! Youve been telling me to ask him and now youre complaining... Somebodies jelous??"
"No..." Daisy said as the train stopped. They got off and said goodbye. But Ruby didnt go, she needes to stop off somwhere else.
She knocked on the big wooden door. Then somebody answered... Harry.
"Ruby.."
"We should meet up tomorrow, to get to know eachother before the prom." Ruby said
"Okay. I'll speak to you at school." Harry said.
Ruby was about to turn round but then Harry hugged her before she could go...
♠ ♠ ♠
Dont judge. I'm doing this for my mate and i'm tryin to get it finished before her birthday on monday. No hate :)xx