The Short, Little, Love Story

The forest and the lake

Ten. Twenty. Thirty. Forty.
Where was he?! Ruby sighed. Harry was meant to be here. An hour ago? She'd lost track of time. She only wantedto know, where was Harry. Why was he not here.
'There better be a good reason for this.' She thought, her heart beating faster, was she angry? Was she annoyed? Was she upset? Probably all of them. She closed her eyes and turned round. Somebody gripped her shoulders. She opened her eyes with a gasp. It was...Harry!
"Sorry I'm late!" He apolagized, his voice was full of sympathy.
"It's okay... Your only an hour late." Ruby said,smiling to try and show it was fine.
Harry let out a sigh of releif.
"So.. What we doing here... By the woods?!" He asked, looking past Ruby and into the dark forest, filled with trees that were like a jacked. Or a big wall to kep whatever was inside, inside.
"Its a forest. But theres nice stuff there... Aparantly." Ruby told him.
"You mean, youve never been there."
That was the problem. Ruby had been round it. But never in it. It was one of them places.
"No. Never been there... You ready?" She asked
"Ready when you are."
"You might be waiting a while.."
"Fine by me!" Harry said, wrapping his arms round Ruby
"Lets just go." Ruby said, getting closer to Harry.
"This will be... Fun" harry said sarcastically.
"Uh hu'
They walked along the small path and deeper into the woods. It reminded Ruby of 'Little Red Riding Hood' they continued walking. They heard water.
"This woods is meant to have ruins of a house, we should look for it." Harry said
"Um... Well" ruby said, not sure what to say.
"C'mon dude! Fun?!"
"Okay. But if its haunted i will shit. Thats a promise." Ruby promised him, trying not to smile.
"Hmm... Maybe not then. Lets try and find our way back." Harry sugested. They turned around. And then back again. What way had they come from?
"Shiiiiiiiiugar." Harry muttered
"Um."
"Um... Indeed!"
"Were lost."
"Well done." Harry said
"Ur. What do we do?!"
"Try and get out."
"Ever played slenderman?" Ruby asked, shaking.
"Yeah.. Dont even talk about that. Lets just run." Harry said, sounding scared.
They ran so far, but they seemed to get deeper into the woods, untill they reached a big wide lake blocking the way!
"We'll have to go round it" harry said
"Or use that boat to go across it. I can see houses there, it'll be quicker to!" Ruby said, pointing at a small wooden rowing boat.
"Worth a shot!" Harry decided
"Yeah. Deffo!" Ruby agreed.
They picked there way through the rocks and twigs over to the boat. Ruby stepped in and the boat tilted sideways. She screamed, but Harry caught her hand and sat her down, then clumsily got in and sat next to her. They both grabbed an oar and started to row. Row row row row...
They finally got to the other side as the sun was sinking, leaving nice redness in the sky.
Harry walked Ruby home, hand in hand.
"Bye, today was fun. We have three days." Harry said as he kissed ruby goodbye.
"I'm nervous." Ruby atmitted.
"I've gotta go!" Harry said, before rushing off. Ruby stood in the street, watching Harry run untill he was gone.