Status: Hope you enjoy it!

Princess of the Realm

Three glorious years

The sky was streaked with orange and rays of sunlight shone in between the wispy clouds. The vast expanse of water before us was still and we sat together for what seemed like hours, basking in the halcyon atmosphere. I dipped my foot into the water, it caressed my skin like the finest silk and I could feel his arms around my waist. I leant my head against his shoulder and I knew that this was perfect.

We stayed in that beautiful silence, content in each other’s presence. His hands were rested on the back of my neck and I felt that sharp cold of the metal chain that was draped over my neck. I looked down at the gleaming necklace, the diamond glistening in the orange light.
“It’s beautiful,” I whispered, turning my head to face you.
“I made it myself in the workshop. The most beautiful of diamonds and majestic of all things seem dull compared to you,” Rowan said, running his fingers through my hair. “Happy anniversary.”

A smile was etched onto my face as we made our way down the beach, hand in hand. His soft, deep brown eyes looked at me adoringly and I felt helpless in his gaze. When we kissed it was like nothing in the world existed. We were two souls, destined for each other.

I couldn’t have thought of a better way to celebrate our anniversary. It was the two of us together, as it should be. The beach was deserted apart from us and I looked back at our footprints. Only two sets, like we were together in our own world.

We had been together for three glorious years. Our love wasn’t conditional it was powerful and unbreakable. We were faithful to each other threw everything and I loved him more than I can express through words. It was as though without him, I wasn’t complete.

He scooped me up into his arms and carried me along the beach, finally resting me down when we reached the path.
“I don’t want this ever to end,” I said, gazing into his gorgeous eyes. “Three whole years proves something.”
He smiled widely and led me back along the beach towards the town. I loved his workshop, it was small but the roaring fire and cosy feel made it a home away from home. The hay-strewn floor and thin wooden walls were friendlier than the grey castle that was my home.

The sky was becoming dark and we hurried to the workshop. The royal guards patrolled the streets at night and I couldn’t risk them noticing me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed it! It's only short so there is only going to be one or two more chapters depending on how I break it up xxx

Please comment xxx