We Are More Than This

-11- Alexander Gaskarth

"Hey, Alex, hey, Alex, hey, Alex, hey-"
"What, Jack?" he questioned, irritation thickly coating his voice. "I'm kinda busy here."
"Well, since you're down there, will you suck my dick?"
"No. But Zack will."
"No, he won't."
"Yes, he will. Go find him."
"Zack's gonna kill you," Rian commented as Jack disappeared.
"That boy is fucking irritating," he excused himself.
"Hey, Matt, can you handle the rest?"
"Hmm, taking stock on two unopened boxes?"
"So I should stay?"
"Shut up."
I smiled and walked towards the stage, hands in pockets. "Try F# major."
His fingers moved on the strings and he strummed the chord. The wrinkle in his forehead vanished and he wrote it down in his notebook, setting the pen down and looking at me.
"'Sup?"
"Mind if I join you?"
"Well, you wouldn't listen if I said no, would you?"
"No, probably not." I pushed myself up onto the stage beside him, moving the headstock of his guitar. "Get rid of that," I commanded, and he set the acoustic on his other side. I wrapped my arms around his waist and leaned into him, my head nestled between his chest and his arm, and closed my eyes. His arm wrapped around my waist, his hand resting on my hip, his thumb moving to gently rub my hip.
"Alex! You lied!" Jack screamed, tearing through the venue, Zack hot on his trail.
Until he stopped to stare.
I opened my eyes and glared back.
"I still can't get over it. Jack knocks him out and two months later, it's like nothing even happened between you two. I'M NOT CHASING YOU ANYMORE," he yelled at Jack, still bolting about the venue.
"Is there something wrong with that? Would you rather her be out to get me?"
"No, but... what happened?"
"I think I just realized that I missed this asshole's company and kinda... suppressed everything he did wrong."
Alex sighed heavily but didn't say anything and Zack shrugged, walking away.
I sat more upright and moved closer to Alex so our hips were touching. My head was now on his shoulder and his hand was still on my hip, his head leaning against mine.
After a few minutes of silence, he spoke.
"When we're like this, all quiet and together..." He trailed off and I looked up at him.
"Yeah?"
"It-it kinda sorta makes me wannafallinlovewithyou," he said quickly, but I still understood him perfectly clear.
"Kinda sorta makes you want to fall in love with me?" I repeated slowly, looking at him.
He nodded, obviously not expecting this reaction.
"Makes you want to?" I repeated again, pulling away from him.
He didn't respond and I hopped off the stage, stalking towards the back of the venue. Halfway across the floor, Alex caught my arm and spun me around.
"Mackenzie, what do you want me to say?"
"I don't want you to say anything!"
"Macken-"
"Shut up!"
"Mackenzie, I fucking love you, alright? I always have!"
"I told you!"Jack shrieked.
"Jack!" everyone in the venue yelled at once, obviously eager to see how this would end.
"Bullshit! Why did you leave?"
"So I wouldn't get fired!"
"Wh-"
"I woke up at 9:15. For three fucking hours, I just watched you as you slept. At 12:16, I realized I had to be at work in fifteen minutes or I'd get fired for being late so much. At 12:17, I left your house. I didn't want to leave you, I had to."
"You ended up getting fired anyway."
"Because you graffitied the guys' bathroom and I got blamed."
"How-"
"You're the only lefty who would want to get me fired, and you had silver paint on your hand at school the next day."
"S-Sorry. I-I... I can't believe I woke up when I did."
"When?"
"12:20."
"And it didn't occur to you that I had work?"
"Not until now," I said, feeling my cheeks heat at my stupidity.
"Why didn't you leave a note?" John asked.
"His job was 20 minutes from our house, assuming you follow the speed limit," Zack answered. "He wouldn't have made it, no matter how fast he tried to write."
"Then how-"
"Assuming you follow the speed limit," I said, looking back at them, all sitting in a row on the edge of the stage, and I laughed softly.
"The only thing I really regret was sleeping with the other girls," Alex said, drawing my attention back to him.
"Then why did you?"
"Because... I was upset with myself for fucking us up... So I just... drank. And then I woke up next to naked girls."
"Why didn't you just tell me you had to go to work? Like, call me later?"
"Because I assumed that, since I know when your period is-" All of the guys groaned in disgust simultaneously. "-you'd at least know when I have to work," he continued as though he had never been interrupted. "When I tried to talk to you, you either ignored me or broke down crying. I'm not sure which hurt me more. I can't stand watching you cry-"
"Pussy!" Kennedy yelled.
"Hey, shut the fuck up!" I yelled back. "He's about to get the girl, you let him kiss ass!"
"Ohhhhhh!"
"You got told!" Garrett exclaimed.
"Am I really?"
"What?"
"About to get the girl?"
I bit my lip and looked at him. "Yeah," I whispered.
"For reals?!" His eyes widened in excitement.
"Yes," I laughed, wrapping my arms around his neck, my forearm against the back of this neck, my hand on his collarbone.
When our lips met, wild cheers erupted from our little audience.
"I told you! You all owe me 20 bucks!"
"...Nobody bet you, Jack," Matt pointed out.
"You know..." Alex started, whispering against my lips.
"Hmm?"
"You started something in February that I'd really like to finish."
"Oh, really?"
"Yeah."
I stared into his chocolate brown eyes for a minute before kissing his lips. "Matt, keys."
"Yes!" Alex pumped his fist and Matt tossed me the keys.
"Don't come out to the van."
"How long?" Rian questioned over the catcalls.
"An hour."
I gave Alex a look. "Half an hour. So we'll be dressed."
A chorus of "Ooh's" filled the air.
"Forty five?" Alex's hand slid around my waist and into my back pocket as he pushed his forehead to mine, our noses pressed together, lips nearly touching. "Stephie, baby, you know I can do it. I can last all night if you wanted me to."
"All night?" I whispered back skeptically.
"Okay, like two and a half, three hours. At least."
"Forty five," I told our audience.
"Are you gonna knock her up?" Jack asked.
"Yeah, she's already moody enough."
I narrowed my eyes at my beloved brother.
"Not if my little friend can help it," Alex said, pulling out a condom from his pocket.
"And you do mean little," I commented softly.
"Aw, that hurts."
"You what doesn't hurt?"
"Sex?"
"Sex," I agreed. "And every second we stand here, I get less and less horny."
"Well then, let's go!" Alex exclaimed, sweeping me off y feet and carrying me to the exit amid more catcalls.
-------
We lay pressed together on the bench. I pressed my lips to the back of her neck while her left hand played with my hair, the right enclosed between both of mine.
"No, don't get it," I groaned as she leaned forward to get her ringing Blackberry from the floor of the van.
"I have to. What if it's the president?"
"Fuck the president," I grumbled.
She laughed, answering her phone, "Yeah? Uh... Are we done?" she asked me.
"No."
"Well, Alex says no, but we're dressed, so I'm gonna go ahead and assume that it should be safe for you." I reached above us for the window and drew a smiley face in the fog we'd created. "Bye." She dropped her phone before reaching up and writing in the fog by my smiley face. MSM ♥'s AWG's p33n.
I laughed and kissed her neck as I ran my hand down her flat stomach to her hip. She turned over to face me and we laced our hands together between our chests, our legs intertwining.
"So, if we're not done, what else did you have in mind?"
"I- ...It sounds girly."
"Alex, we both know I wear the pants in this relationship."
"True..."
"So...?"
"I kinda wanna just stare into your eyes."
"Really?"
"Yeah," I whispered, pushing a dirty blonde lock of hair behind her ear.
"That sounds perfect," she murmured, softly kissing my lips. "But I'm so fucking exhausted. Damn your penis."
"Then I'll stare into your eyes until you fall asleep, then I'll just watch you sleep."
"You're so ...lame. And cliché," she laughed tiredly. "I love it."
♠ ♠ ♠
No goddamn paragraphs because Quizilla is taking forever to load, so I'm posting it here first.
DEAL.

That's the end.
If you've got any questions about their relationship or anything, because I know it was a little confusing, just go ahead and ask them in a comment and I'll do my best to answer them.
(p.s. this whole story was exactly 10,000 words. :D)

Mad love to Julia and Nikki.
Love to everyone else who commented and subscribed.

This had two stars in the end.
o.0

Comment on the story you want me to update next.
Most comments = next update.
:D

See you all around.