Status: I'm back mother***ers

Diary of an Unorthadox Pedophile

September 16

It's Friday. I gave out a quiz to the kids and when they were finished they gave them back. It was the perfect oppertunity opportunity to talk to Cherokee Williams alone, because for some strange reason she gave me back a blank paper. I stopped her on her way out and told her to come back. The attitude she gave me made me crazy. My stomach was in knots.

"Why'd you give me a blank quiz, Cherokee?" I asked her. It was a great trial to keep my voice even.

"Don't call me that. You sound like my dad."

Once again, the queen in her died down. She turned her back and I could have sworn she was wiping a tear away. I watched her for a minute and asked her what she wanted me to call her.

"Cher." Her voice was fierce again - Music to my burning ears. Cher turned to face me. I asked her for a second time why she handed me a blank test, and she told me that she forgot to put her contacts in that morning so she couldn't read. I had a feeling that my Queen Mary was lying, but I decided to take the safe route. I wanted her to be on good terms with me. I dug my spare reading glasses out of the desk drawer and held them up to her. Cherokee Williams snatched them from my hand, and once again her skin touched mine. I coughed to cover up my gasp. A thousand lightning bolts stung me and made me warm. She shoved them onto her nose just to make a point, and then started to storm out of the room. I called her back. A roll of the eyes and a sigh was what she gave me, but I loved it. She got the test back.

"Go home and take it over the weekend," I commanded her quietly. Somehow my voice seemed weak compared to hers. "If you get an 100%, I'll know you cheated."

Cherokee Williams smiled for the first time since I'd met her. It was the most beautiful thing I ever saw.