‹ Prequel: Let Me Perfect It

Right Back Where We Started

Hopeless Records

Image[/URL]

Sophie's POV

"You guys have just been signed by Hopeless Records correct?"

I smiled at the guy who was interviewing us. "Yeah, it's been along time coming but we are finally here."

"Rumor is you were almost signed by decaydance five years ago."

I frowned for a second and I felt Chloe take my hand under the table. "Yeah," I answered re-plastering the smile on my face. "We just didn't feel like they were the right fit for us by the end of tour."

"The tour you went on with Fall Out Boy, Panic! At the Disco and The Academy Is...?"

"That's the one." Molly smiled.

"Was it just an overall bad experience for you guys?"

"Of course not." I answered quickly "We had a good time and made a few friends. Two of which Angie and Chloe are dating."

"Spencer Smith and Brendon Urie correct?"

Chloe and Angie both beamed "Yep!"

"And that is why you guys moved your band to Vegas shortly after the end of that tour?"

"Part of it," I smiled. "We also felt that the band needed a change of scene."

"Did any of you other three fall in love on tour?" the man asked "There was rumor of you and William Beckett from The Academy Is... being close."

I held back a sigh "Nah, William was just a good buddy."

"You guys still friends?"

I shrugged "I haven't seen or talked to him since, so I guess not." I felt Chloe squeeze my fingers again.

It had been five years since we had had our first tour with the guys. The only ones we had kept in contact with had been Panic! At the Disco for obvious reasons. I still thought about William from time to time, but I had never felt the need to try and get in contact with him. It was just one of those things that died before it ever got to start.

"So you guys are going to be on tour soon?"

"You bet!" Josie smiled "We are doing all of warped your this summer. We hope to see a lot of kids out there."

"Well congrats again on being signed girls, and I hope you enjoy warped tour."

"Thanks." I smiled.

I let out a sigh when the guy left the room, relaxing in my chair.

------------------------

"First day of warped tour." I sighed happily, leaning against Molly on our tour bus.

"I'm glad to be back on a bus instead of a van." Josie answered, taking up a whole couch by herself.

"God, the van was terrible." Sophie agreed in horror.

After having pretty much having told Pete Wentz that he could shove his record deal up his ass, there was no way he was going to let us keep the bus we had borrowed for tour. After moving to Vegas I had used the last of my savings to buy a van for us to tour with. Let me tell you, having five girls shoved into a small sweaty van for months at a time, sucked bad. Thank god Hopeless Records had provided us with a bus for tours.

"We're here girls." the driver called.

"Woot!" I called jumping up from the couch quickly and running off the bus. I instantly came in contact with another human and fell to the ground. I looked over at the other person, who was also on their ass in the dirt.

"Alex!" I yelled happily.

"New label buddy!" Alex yelled back, helping me up off the ground. "You guys are cutting it close, you know. Your set is in an hour."

"Psh." I smirked "They would have waited, we are too sexy to skip."

Alex looked at my band members as they joined me "I cannot disagree." he smirked.

"We had better get our stuff loaded to our stage." I sighed.

"Roadies." Alex smiled.

I turned and saw a group of guys carrying our instruments from the bus. "I am not use to this." I smiled.

"Eh." Alex shrugged, wrapping his arm around my shoulders "You will."

"Chloe!"

"Brendon!"

I smiled over at the two as Brendon picked my band member up by her waist and sung her around in a circle.

"Sorry to break up the love fest but we got a show you too!" I called.

"Don't be jealous Sophie." Brendon smiled "There is someone on tour I'm sure you'll love to see."

I frowned "What is that suppose to mean?"

"Look at the lot of you." Brendon laughed, ignoring my question. "You all look so different than the first time we all toured together."

I shrugged "We aren't that different."

"Sophie you are wearing a dress."

I looked down at myself "It is black and has blood splatter on it." I defended myself.

"It is also what? One of three things you own with blood splatter. Blood splatter use to be your whole closet. William had to steal one of your suitcases and could still barley fit everything into it."

I frowned and Brendon looked like he wished he could take back his words instantly.

"Sorry Soph."

I shrugged it off "No big, I'm over him."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you ready for this?" I called into the crowd. "Let's get sexy!"

I know, I know. Yes, I was still yelling that st every show and yes I was still jumping into the crowd at every show. The kids had kinda come to expect it and for me it had become habit.

Other than that you might say I had become a completely different person over the past few years. Angie had had enough, and convinced me to stop wearing face paint. Most of the blood stained clothes were gone now too. I was wearing all of the colors of the rain minus pink, not just red and the grey scale.

Even our music had changed, the screaming was gone. The lyrics were less deadly. It was sorta expected when the lyricist went through a whole change.

Our last song ended and I jumped into the crowd, soon after being pulled out by security. i was covered in dozens of different lip prints, all different colors. The fans had gone out of their way to make it more fun, finding turquoise, hot pink and other odd colored lipsticks. It was rare I found a red print on me anymore.

"Look at you." Alex laughed as I reached the All Time Low's merch tent, Molly and Josie in tow. Chloe and Angie had run off to watch Panic! At the Disco play. "You are covered in lipstick."

"I told you the kids couldn't handle how sexy I am" I laughed.

"Sophie!"

I turned and saw two excited kids standing behind me.

"Hi guys." I smiled "Did you like the show?"

"We loved it!" the girl smiled "Can we get your signature and some photos?"

"Of course!"

I wrapped my arms around their waist and smiled as the two pressed blue lips to my cheeks for the photo. I signed their CDs and waved as they walked off.

"I would not let people kiss me like that." Jack laughed, as I took a seat behind the merch table.

I shrugged "The kids love it and it makes me laugh."

"They are just gonna flat out try to rape you one day." Alex warned with a smile.

"Oh, they've tried" Molly laughed, "Security usually jumps in at that point."

"You're nuts." Alex laughed.

I shrugged and winked "I try."