‹ Prequel: Let Me Perfect It

Right Back Where We Started

Be nice.

Image


Chloe's Point of View

"Finally, a day off," I smiled at Brendon.

"You've had a few days off, since Sophie got hurt," Brendon teased, reaching out to grab my sides since he knew I was insanely ticklish.

I grabbed his hands in defense. "Don't even think about it," I giggled.

"Well, I already have!" He laughed.

"Unthink it then, mister." I faked a glare. "I want a day of peace. Okay? We're about to leave for a day full of driving and it's only us on this bus. Peace and quiet."

"Sounds perfect," Still holding my hands, Brendon pulled me forward into a kiss.

"I'm so sorry about everything," I whispered when we pulled apart. "I love you."

Brendon smiled thoughtfully. "I promise, everything is okay. I love you too."

I pulled Brendon to the couch and found the remote, turning on whatever happened to be in the DVD player. Peter Pan, probably from Sophie. Brendon was in the process of pulling me into another kiss when the door to the bus swung open.

"Shit!" Josie yelled when she saw Brendon and I. "I... I was going to his bus, but we were going to be late, so we figured it would be easier to just come here, since we were closer."

Before I could ask who the other half of her we was, he walked onto the bus. Alex.

Our entire conversation was interrupted when the driver of the bus came around to the door. "It looks like we're next to go, are you kids ready?" He laughed.

"Yeah," Josie grinned at him, walking a bit further onto the bus. Alex followed. He pushed the door shut and locked it.

"I guess you're stuck with us," Alex laughed. Even I could feel Brendon's glare on him.

Mostly, I was confused as to what he was doing with Josie.

"We can just go in back," Brendon said to me, not even bothering to say hello to Josie or look at either of the two. "Josie can have the tv." Not they, just Josie.

"Brendon," I sighed. "Be nice," I pouted.

"To him?" He snapped. Now, he was talking like Alex just wasn't in the room. I cannot deal with this much tension. "Is there a reason I should do that?"

"Because, we're going to be stuck on this bus for the rest of the day with him, and because we're actually all on tour together and nothing that happened before is going to happen again, ever. I promise." I sighed. "Please, Brendon, don't make this awkward."

"I'm not the one who did anything to make it awkward in the first place," Brendon sighed. I felt like I was talking to a five year old. It had been almost a week since everything happened and it didn't feel like anything was cooling down.

"Look, man," Alex spoke up now, and I turned to look at him. "I get that you're pissed at me and don't wanna see my fucking face," He said plainly, "And you have every right to hate my guts, but don't take it out on Chloe."

I'm pretty sure the last part of that statement was the only helpful thing he said.

"I was shitfaced, and I know that's a hell of an excuse for anything, but I swear on my life, none if it was Chloe's fault. I guess what I'm saying is I'm sorry I caused a shitstorm and did what I did. But for at least the time we're stuck on this bus can we put the past behind us? I know there is a stash of games somewhere on this bus, and now would be a great time for Apples to Apples."

Brendon and I looked at each other for a moment, and he grinned before looking at Alex. "I guess we're good, man," He sighed, "Thanks. For... owning up to your shit, I guess," He laughed.

While they talked for a few minutes, I ran to the back of the bus and dug out Apples to Apples. We rarely got a chance to play this, and I knew it would be fun. When I returned the three were sitting around the table, totally aware that I'd be coming back with the game.

-------

Hours later, we were out of interesting board games and the guys (and Josie) were full of the stash of beers I forgot we'd even had in our fridge. Brendon and I were curled up on the couch and I was falling in and out of sleep. Alex and Josie had both gone to the bunks a while ago, and I really hoped they were just going to sleep. I hadn't heard from either of them, so that seemed like the most likely case.

"I guess this ended up being a good day," Brendon laughed, and I turned my head slightly so I could see him. "I mean, not as good as it could have been if we were on our own, but you know," He teased.

I couldn't help but blush. "I love you, you goof."

"I love you too, Chloe." He smiled. "Go to sleep, tired eyes."
♠ ♠ ♠
short part, sorry!