‹ Prequel: Let Me Perfect It

Right Back Where We Started

I'm Still Heart Broken

Sophie's POV

"When you said you wanted to hang out today I didn't think it meant being stuck on your bus alone with you all day." I smiled, giving William a look as I pressed play on his DVD player.

"But I missed you." he pouted, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"You've spent the last two weeks with me." I laughed.

"Most of that time I didn't know it was you. Maybe if you had told the truth instead of being such a sneaky thing, I would have my Sophie fix by now and you wouldn't have to deal with me."

"Sophie fix?" I laughed.

"The drug in me is you
And I'm so high on misery
Can't you see?"

"Did you just quote lyrics at me?" I asked wrinkling my nose.

"You do it to me all the time." he grinned back.

"Fair enough." I shrugged.

"What did you put in?" William asked, leaning closer to me.

"Peter Pan."

"Of course," he smiled "that's all you watch."

"You said you liked this movie too." I frowned, crossing my arms.

William glanced over at me and smirked "My only intention is seeing you smile."

I rolled my eyes and glared at him playfully "I'm on to you Beckett."

"I'd love to have you on me, Sophie." he winked.

I rolled my eyes once more and leaned into his side. William wrapped his arm around my waist, resting his head on top of mine.

"I really missed you Sophie." he mumbled.

I held back a sigh "I know."

"Just reminding you." he smirked.

"I'm starving." I pouted, looking up at William.

He smiled down at me. "And?"

"And I need some eats."

"What kind of eats?"

"The food kind."

William paused for a moment as if thinking for a moment, before a smile spread across his face. "I think I have the perfect thing."

"What is it?" I asked curiously as he stood up and walked towards the kitchen area.

William reached into a cupboard and pulled out a package and held it up so I could see it.

"Mac and cheese?" I asked happily.

"Creamy, ready in two minutes Mac and cheese." he smirked.

I smiled at him "You sir, are a God amount men."

William smirked again "Keeping telling yourself that."

My eyebrows knitted together. "Why?"

He looked at me a little sadly as he set the bowl in the microwave. "Because then maybe one day you'll believe I'm worth a second chance."

---------------------------

The first show back was amazing. The kids were excited, I was excited to be playing again. It wasn't until the last song did we have a problem.

"It was great seeing all you sexy things." I smiled into the microphone. "Sadly that was our last song! However, we will be at our merch tent in about twenty minutes for a signing so I'll see you there!"

I was about to walk off stage when the crowd started chanting.

"Jump! Jump!"

I forced a smile "Sorry guys I'm not doing that anymore. I still have a bit of a concussion."

"Jump! Jump!"

I frowned "Seriously guys I can't."

I wasn't really pissed until a few of them started booing.

"If you want me fucking jump." I snapped "Tell Seattle to learn how to fucking catch."

With that I threw my microphone on the stage causing it to screech loudly and stormed off.

"Sophie!" Chloe called chasing after me.

"Leave me alone." I answered, trying to keep my voice even.

I wasn't sure why I was getting so emotional over the whole thing. It wasn't my fault I couldn't jump in the crowd anymore.

"Sophie." she said again, softer this time. "Come here."

I turned and looked at her. "It's not my fault."

"Sophie." Chloe looked at me sternly "You shouldn't be upset because a group of kids got mad you weren't willing to risk killing yourself."

"I should be able to do anything for my fans." I answered miserably.

"Real fans would be understanding." Angie frowned, coming up behind Chloe. "I honestly don't think we should do the signing if they are going to act that way."

"We aren't skipping the signing." I sighed.

"Seriously?" Molly asked, "I don't want to sign shit for a bunch of kids who are going to act like that because you got hurt."

"Seriously." I let out a sigh, "Let's go"

--------------------------------------------

"So why aren't you jumping into the crowd anymore?"

I looked up at the kid and tried not to glare at him. He had to have been the six hundredth fan to ask me that during the short time we had been doing the signing.

"Because I got dropped on my head at the show in Seattle and got a really bad concussion and if I get dropped again I could die." I growled.

The kid looked at me a moment and sneered "That's a joke right?"

"Does she look like she is joking?"

"William." I smiled looking behind me.

"I'm the one who had to take her to the medic after she fell so get your CD signed and back off." William snapped.

I handed the kid back the CD and he scurried away.

"You didn't have to do that." I smiled, standing up from my chair to give him a hug.

"I heard what happened at the end of your set." he pouted "Are you okay?"

I shrugged "I guess."

"How much longer is your signing?" he asked with a smirk.

I looked down the line of kids "Probably another half an hour. Why?"

"I have surprise for you."

I let out a fake gasp "A surprise?"

"Excuse me?"

I looked to see a fan holding a CD and smiling weakly at me. "I'll be there in a second Hun." I smiled at her, before looking back at William. "I'll meet you on your bus in an hour?"

"Perfect." he smiled, pulling me into a tight hug before walking off.

"Sorry for the wait Hun." I smiled taking the CD from the girl and signing it.

"What did William want?" Chloe asked, leaning closer to me so the fans couldn't hear.

"He says he has a surprise for me." I shrugged.

Molly looked over at me. "Are you really going to put yourself through this again Sophie?"

I let out a sigh. "I'm trying not to, but I did miss him. He was my picket fence once."

Molly looked at me sadly. "I just don't want you to get hurt again, Soph."

I smiled "I know."

----------------------------------

"William?" I called knocking the door to his bus.

"One minute." he called back, followed by a crash and his swearing.

I frowned "Are you alright?"

"Yeah." he opened the door and smiled at me, breathing heavily. "I just tripped."

"Over what?"

"My own feet."

"Okay." I answered slowly, giving him a funny look.

"Close your eyes." he smiled.

"No." I answered looking at him suspiciously.

He let out a sigh, still smiling "Common Soph, Trust me."

"I did once."

William frowned and held his hand out to me. "I'm trying to make up for it."

I took his hand and closed my eyes, trying not to stumble up the stairs of the bus. I stiffened a little as I felt him rest his hands on my hips. I felt his breath on my neck as he chuckled "Relax Soph, you can open your eyes."

I opened them and gave William a funny look. "A picnic on a bus?"

"If we have a picnic outside all the other bands will jack our food."

I laughed. "It's sad how true that is."

No one can eat like boys in bands.

"There is three different kinds of mac and cheese, mashed potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole, hamburgers and hot tea." he spoke softly, hands still on my hips and lips close to my ear.

"What kind of tea?" I asked, smirking.

"Apple spice."

I looked back at him. "All my favorites."

"Favorite things for my favorite girl." he smiled, nuzzling into my neck.

I frowned a little and pulled away from him. "I'm not yours William."

He looked at me sadly. "I want you to be."

"William." I sighed, upset. "I don't know what you expect me to do. I can't be with you again."

"Why not?" he looked like a puppy someone had kicked with a steel toed boot.

"Because I'm still heart broken over last time." I snapped, before running off the bus. I didn't stop running until I reached my bus.

"Sophie?" Chloe asked, looking startled "I thought you were with-what's wrong?"

"I'm breaking his heart and I can't do anything to stop it." I collapsed in her arms and started crying.

Today was a day when no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't hold the tears back.