‹ Prequel: Let Me Perfect It

Right Back Where We Started

My Favorite Girls

Image


Time can be a scary thing. People change and grow and become distant. Age can take its toll and life passes by too quickly to spend time savoring any one moment. I am beyond grateful that despite the passing of time, I have a list of things in life that have remained constant.

1. My friends. I couldn't imagine not being with these girls as often as I am. They hold me steady when I waver and push me to be strong when I feel weak. I can't fathom how much my life would be different if I didn't have my girls.
2. Brendon. Nothing makes me happier than realizing how great of a man stepped into my life just as someone as bad at Travis was taking his final steps out. Of course, my relationship with Brendon has had it's ups and downs, but the good by far outweighs the bad.
3. Music. One Last Request's style started to change when we got a change of scenery, but I can't say that's a bad thing. The change of music came hand-in-hand with a big, more positive attitude change for the entire band. And sitting behind a drum set and falling into the music is still my escape, as it has been for as long as I can remember. The past few years have changed my style, but not my heart.

"Earth to Chloe,"

"What?" I asked, looking over at Angie.

"You were looking off into space like someone discovering the meaning of life."

"Maybe I am," I smirked, before looking over at Brendon. "What did you mean earlier, when you said there was someone here Sophie would be happy to see?"

"I think you'll find out pretty quickly," He said, a look on his face making the statement seem much more cryptic.

I saw Sophie's lips purse. "I'll kick your ass if you don't tell me, Urie," She teased, her eyes moving into a slight glare.

"You wouldn't kick anyone's ass in a dress, Sophie," Josie spoke up before the rest of us. Sophie's glare turned in her direction, but the angry look broke into a laugh and we all followed suit.

The conversation died down into peaceful quiet, but not for long as the sweaty boys of All Time Low basically kicked down the door to the bus and joined our small group. "Label buddies!" Alex said happily, looking around. His eyes landed on Brendon for a minute, "And their attachment!" He added with a lighthearted laugh. He walked over and pushed himself onto the couch between Sophie and I, putting an arm over each of our shoulders. "My favorite girls." He grinned.

"Alex, you are dripping with sweat," Sophie cringed. "Did you guys finish your set and run here?"

"We did!" Jack said excitedly. "Because we need you to do something with us!"

"Now?" Molly questioned from her current spot, which was lying on the floor with her eyes closed. "I'm sleepy."

"Yes, now!" Jack laughed, nudging her side lightly with his foot. "We're going to do something exciting, stop being lazy!"

"Something exciting?" Sophie asked, looking at the boys. "What's going on?"

"We've got a signing and we're dragging all of you along. Since we're all best friends now and such." Alex grinned.

"And we're going to be late," Zack spoke up, standing near the door. I hadn't talked to him much, but he seemed much more quiet than the other members of his band.

"Yes, come on, let's go," Alex grinned, jumping up from the couch. Sophie stood as well, and Alex took my hand and pulled me from my seat next to Brendon. "I've gotta steal your girl for a while, Urie," He grinned. "But don't worry, I'll bring her back in once piece."

I barely had time to shout a quick goodbye to my boyfriend before the boys of All Time Low herded us out of the bus and back into the heat.